SiouxSports.com Forum

NHL 2013

jodcon

Haha, your comeback arguments are so bad. :)

You tell me...if the exclusion of St Louis by Yzerman was so deplorable, who would YOU have left home? I offered up Kunitz...and judging by his performance in the first couple of games in Sochi, I don't think it was unfair to second-guess the Kunitz over St Louis initial selection.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/olympics--2014-olympics--canada-wins-again--but-it-s-time-to-lose-chris-kunitz-from-the-lineup-222528154.html

None of this changes the fact that St Louis made the team, won a gold medal, and then cried and whined his way out of Tampa Bay when he returned.

You tell me...if the exclusion of St Louis by Yzerman was so deplorable, who would YOU have left home? I offered up Kunitz...and judging by his performance in the first couple of games in Sochi, I don't think it was unfair to second-guess the Kunitz over St Louis initial selection.

http://sports.yahoo....-222528154.html

None of this changes the fact that St Louis made the team, won a gold medal, and then cried and whined his way out of Tampa Bay when he returned.

Pre- tournament.....St. Louis should have made it over Kunitz, Sharp, Carter and Nash. There may be others I just can't think of them. St. Louis has 61 pts in 63 games and is +11 all while not having anyone to play with for a majority of the year and keeping his (former) team in the playoff chase. Guy should get a medal.

On a side note, where are all the Crosby haters...he had his worst NHL game last night. I bet Goon is gearing up for some trash talk on his blog as I type this :)

• Upvote 1

Here's a little something for those of you who like to whine about diving. The team that I love to hate does it too, as evidenced in this clip, but it really doesn't bother me at all. I'll save my hate for that which is worthy of being hated on (the goon tactics). So without further ado, here is a special treat from yours truly hand-picked for those of you who like to cry about alleged diving incidents:

https://www.youtube....h?v=C6IxtxfsNWg

Marchand diving....no surprise, that's his game.

On a side note, where are all the Crosby haters...he had his worst NHL game last night. I bet Goon is gearing up for some trash talk on his blog as I type this :)

No idea what you're talking about, I guess I didn't see the game in question. I was too busy either watching the Wild or Bruins.

I don't follow the NHL as much as most of you guys on here do. I just happen to see an article on ESPN about Steve Moore being attacked 10 years ago. I read the article then looked up the video, how is Todd Bertuzzi still in the NHL?

I don't' know...

Let's not single out Marchand. Lucic, Seguin, Chara, Rask, Thornton, McQuaid, and Boychuk have all been known to do it too.

https://www.youtube....h?v=ftGo5FR6umY

Again, I want to make it perfectly clear that by exposing the fact that the Bruins dive I am not saying that I have a problem with it. It is completely 100% fine with me that they do it, because I understand and accept the fact that it is part of the game and all teams do it. I just wanted to drive home the "Glass Houses" point to our resident Bruins fans who love nothing more than to go on and on whining and crying about alleged incidents of diving by Pittsburgh players.

Lucic? Chara? McQuiad? Thornton? That may be a stretch.

I'm actually a huge Crosby fan, but he had a night to forget that night.

I couldn't believe how he coasted on the Sharks SH goal...looked like he could have helped out on that play but decided not to and Marleau made them pay...The announcers on the nbcsports post game show commented on it as well.

I couldn't believe how he coasted on the Sharks SH goal...looked like he could have helped out on that play but decided not to and Marleau made them pay...The announcers on the nbcsports post game show commented on it as well.

I saw that... that's not typically like him. Its almost as if he forgot a forward was back there. However, Malkin got undressed bad. I know he is a forward but still..... they teach you to watch the player, not the puck when you're 9.

I saw that... that's not typically like him. Its almost as if he forgot a forward was back there. However, Malkin got undressed bad. I know he is a forward but still..... they teach you to watch the player, not the puck when you're 9.

Yeah, that obviously was not a typical play by Crosby. Then their goalie gave up the softie by Joe Thornton and that was all she wrote.

Say a prayer for a speedy recovery for Dallas Stars Rich Peverley who apparently suffered a cardiac incident during tonites game against Columbus...He is in the hospital and apparently doing well.

Just watching that story now on ESPN...certainly a scary situation. I'm glad the NHL made the decision to postpone the game - the right call to make.

The fact that you choose to stick your head in the sand and refuse to see the evidence doesn't change the fact that the Bruins dive just as much as any other team (and maybe even more so than any other team). Just don't come crying to me when you think the Penguins (or any team outside of Boston for that matter) are diving.

Recap: Crosby called out for diving. It is discussed on SiouxSports. You say it's not diving but drawing a penalty. You come with video proof("Next on CSI-Sioux Sports...") that other teams, most notably the Big Bad Bruins, are doing it more than anyone. All posters to this topic see the error of their ways and feel shame. ;)

The point is you are a hypocrite if you whine about Crosby diving because your favorite team does it too. I don't care that the Bruins dive, I care that Bruins fans cry about other teams diving. You SHOULD see the error of your ways and feel shame, but my guess is you're probably too stubborn (hence your refusal to address the incriminating evidence in said youtube clip).

Why would I watch your doctored footage? :). Face it...your golden boy Super Squid was called out by his peers...not sure why you can't deal with that...and by peers, I don't mean all us 'experts' on Sioux Sports...