SiouxSports.com Forum

NHL 2013

jodcon

Glass houses, my friend... glass houses. I am no more obsessed with a particular sports team from the New England area than you and many others here are with a particular sports team from the Twin Cities area. Ever heard of the Minnesota Golden Gophers?

For a guy who claims so many OTHER Sioux fans are obsessed with the Minnesota Gophers, you manage to find a way to reference them in about 1/2 of your posts. Me thinks you doth protest too much.

I think somewhere in your closet is a Gopher throwback jersey...#87 Crosby.

Seriously you don't understand how it applies? Did you even read my post? The reason I ask is because I already gave the answer before you asked. Here it is again:

I am no more obsessed with a particular sports team from the New England area than you and many others here are with a particular sports team from the Twin Cities area.

That is how it applies. Sheesh, I can't believe that went over your head.

Again, I'm not so sure what you're saying, Dave. I'm guessing you're saying that I throw out random $hit about the Gophers to troll Gopher fans? For example, the Gophers could be ranked #1 overall and on a streak of 14 games without a loss (maybe a shootout or 2 thrown in there) where they've outscored their opponents 45-25, but then they happen to lose 1 game and I come out here and talk about how great of a day for hockey it is because they lost one game, therefore making me look like an uneducated dumbass. Sure, they're still ranked #1, still lead their league by a wide margin, but I call out 1 game that they lost and say how much the Gophers suck.

If you'd like, I can teach you about the difference between having a difference of opinion or debating different topics (i.e. Bruins/Penguins, Sioux/Gophers) and throwing out stupid comments that make a person look like a foolish troll.

Congratulations, you figured it out.

PS - If you think it is "stupid" for a Penguins fan to express pleasure at the fact that the Penguins won on the same day that the Bruins lost... well then, I think that makes you a thin-skinned Bruins fan.

So I'm sure you have some examples of this? Because I'd like to see them.

And no, I'm not a thin-skinned Bruins fan. You can post as much as you want about the Penguins and Bruins. I just thought it was funny the way you had to specifically call out the Bruins loss - one loss after a stretch of winning 5 of 6 and outscoring opponents 28-16, and they're the division leader by 4 points with games in hand! I suppose I could see you enjoying a Bruins loss if they were on the verge of missing the playoffs, not in the case I mentioned - but that's just me. I actually find amusement in your Bruins posts and take them as a compliment. :silly:

Signing him as a free agent in the off-season doesn't help THIS season's playoff chances...

The Wild will not give up anything for him this year....he'll simply replace Heatley's expiring contract next year. However I might dangle Zucker and some other young forwards and see if the Islanders bite. Either way those guys won't have a top 6 spot on next year's team if Vanek actually ends up in Minny.

The Wild will not give up anything for him this year....he'll simply replace Heatley's expiring contract next year. However I might dangle Zucker and some other young forwards and see if the Islanders bite. Either way those guys won't have a top 6 spot on next year's team if Vanek actually ends up in Minny.

If the Wild would be in the running for the Cup this year, I could see trying to get him before the deadline. However, they if they're relatively sure that Minnesota is one place that he'd like to go (which it sounds like) then there's no reason to do anything this year. As you say, just wait until the season is over and he's a UFA, then sign him in the offseason and prepare for next year.

If I'm reading this right, next year they have 17 players under contract for a cap hit of just over $52M, and the projected cap is $71M, so they'll have room to sign guys.

CapGeek - Minnesota Wild

Nice try but I'm not buying it. If that were true you wouldn't complain as much as you do about said posts. They get under your skin, you know that as well as I do.

HA - it would take a heck of a lot more than you pointing out 1 Bruins loss to get under my skin! You know what might get under my skin? If the Bruins were to go into the playoffs as the #1 seed in the East and the Penguins were to sweep them in the semifinals. :lol:

• Upvote 1

HA - it would take a heck of a lot more than you pointing out 1 Bruins loss to get under my skin! You know what might get under my skin? If the Bruins were to go into the playoffs as the #1 seed in the East and the Penguins were to sweep them in the semifinals. :lol:

Whammy!

So then, based on that criteria I'm guessing you weren't exactly thrilled with the outcome of the 1992 Eastern Conference Finals. 1991 probably wasn't much fun for you either unless you really think losing the series isn't as bad when you at least don't get swept. And really, what kind of loser takes consolation in "well, we lost the series but at least we didn't get swept"?

But back to the point, why complain so much about my calling attention to that one loss vs. Montreal if it doesn't get under your skin? If you truly and honestly didn't care you would not have responded in any way.

You're like the little sibling that loves to argue and has to have the last word. I don't think I've complained at all. In fact, I said it was "funny" that you called it out. No complaining here, m'boy.

• Upvote 1

All I was doing is pushing your buttons, and obviously it worked based on all of your replies this past week. Please keep it up, I so enjoy having a few laughs at your expense. :lol:

Huh...

No "Troll" posts. Posts whose sole purpose is to taunt or generate anger are not allowed. Such judgments will be made at the sole discretion of the moderating staff.

• Upvote 1

For those who may not be aware of this fact, there is a huge difference between good natured all in good fun teasing and "to taunt or generate anger". Nobody in their right mind would think they're the same thing.

So which do you think you are doing?