SiouxSports.com Forum

No reason why we shouldn't win the WCHA

01grad

Our upcoming schedule seems pretty easy, as long as we keep playing the way we are and as long as somebody else can beat Wisconsin and Colorado a few times (Since we only play each team twice), we should be able to do it. These are my predictions the rest of the way. Our schedule doesn't seem too tough, just that we are on the road quite a bit. If the outcomes are this way, we should be okay. If we do better than these predictions, we shouldn't have to worry about how the other teams play. We just need to take care of the teams we need to take care of. I feel the team will be on an emotional high with our returning heros and nothing will stop us.

Alaska (Sweep)

Tech (Sweep)

Minn. (Split)

Denver (Sweep or split?)

Wisconsin (Split)

Colorado (Split)

Mankato (Sweep)

Duluth (Sweep or split?)

Tech (Sweep)

When will the playoff calculator return with the possible places each team will finish? That was fun last year. Maybe I am just thinking too far ahead.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have some extra cash laying around. Earned a bunch when the Goofs played in GFK. Funny - the friendly wager was total points for any one player up at the Ralph when they played in Nov. I picked Bochenski and my Gopher fan colleague picked Vanek. No surprises there. I think you know Vanek was shutout and Bochenski had 5 points on Friday night. I don't see Vanek being shutout at Mariucci like he was at the Ralph but I do see a hard fought series with the Sioux winning by a goal each night.

Colorado (Split)

I think we can easily knock CC off. I've seen them play a few times this year and IMPO I don't think they're much to brag about. Especially since we're at home. We tied them both nights in GF last year and CC's team was much better and the Sioux not as good. Just my opinion. :angry:

what if calculator? Didn't one of your guys last year have a "what if?" calculator?

WPoS

It was available here a short time ago, but I'm guessing it's not been up since the admin is using an alternate (temporary) server.

With regards to a sweep of the Goofs in Minneapolis this year.....

I don't recall the last time the Sioux swept them in Grank Forks either but they did it this year. So I'm optimistic for a sweep in Minneapolis....but more confident than in years past.

No reason?

I can think of at least nine reasons or obstacles.

- Alaska-Anchorage

- Colorado College

- Denver University

- Michigan Tech

- Minnesota

- Minnesota-Duluth

- Minnesota State - Mankato

- St. Cloud State

- Wisconsin

They're not going to stand aside and hand over a league banner.

Looking past those 'reasons' is disrespectful and a formula for failure.

Play 'em. Play 'em hard. Go from there.

No reason?

I can think of at least nine reasons or obstacles.

- Alaska-Anchorage

- Colorado College

- Denver University

- Michigan Tech

- Minnesota

- Minnesota-Duluth

- Minnesota State - Mankato

- St. Cloud State

- Wisconsin

They're not going to stand aside and hand over a league banner.

Looking past those 'reasons' is disrespectful and a formula for failure.

Play 'em. Play 'em hard. Go from there.

No doubt...You are right. I think any team in the WCHA this year has the potential to beat any other team on any given night even more so this year than years past.

I'm optimistic we can sweep Minnesota down in the cities but realistically a split seems more logical. We do have a better chance at a sweep this year due to a stronger and deeper Sioux lineup as opposed to a weaker Goofers team.

Absolutely and without question ....no WCHA team should be overlooked.

UND had teams from 1997-2000 that were outstanding. This version has a chance to be of that calibre. MN's teams during that period were not nearly as good as this one; it's not even close. Those matchups heavily favored UND, but they couldn't sweep in Minneapolis.

I'm not saying this MN team is dominant; they have been up-and-down, with a much wider range of performance than most teams display. Their "downs" have been putrid (Maine), but the "ups" (Michigan, putting 50 shots on UNH) have shown that they are right with the best teams when they are on their game.

Yuck. I feel dirty from talking up MN. I will be cheering for a Sioux sweep. I just think we are getting ahead of ourselves.

UND had teams from 1997-2000 that were outstanding. This version has a chance to be of that calibre. MN's teams during that period were not nearly as good as this one; it's not even close. Those matchups heavily favored UND, but they couldn't sweep in Minneapolis.

I'm not saying this MN team is dominant; they have been up-and-down, with a much wider range of performance than most teams display. Their "downs" have been putrid (Maine), but the "ups" (Michigan, putting 50 shots on UNH) have shown that they are right with the best teams when they are on their game.

Yuck. I feel dirty from talking up MN. I will be cheering for a Sioux sweep. I just think we are getting ahead of ourselves.

Don't know about you but I saw another lackluster Goofs performance last weekend against a 4-6 BU team playing in a sub-par Hockey East conference.

I would like the link to the Gopher message board similar to this one. Seems as though there are just too many gopher "fans" infiltrating this forum. I would like to pay the same respects on the other end. Do they even have one?

Pride On Ice. In general, SiouxSports.com NCAA D-I hockey links is a pretty comprehensive resource.

And

what if calculator?

Discussion of handy-dandy tools

There's no way I could compete with you. You're destroying them. Thanks for representing us! You are a true Sioux fan!

Aw come on...All in good fun. I need to recruit another person to bring the PILEONICE sign to Mariucci Jan 23rd. I'm making mine tonight.

You got that right - I don't know many people from the cities that have season tickets to Sioux Hockey.....I make almost every game - fly or drive.