SiouxSports.com Forum

Alaska series signs

YaneA

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since Burger King sponsors the introductions and Hennen usually screws this saying up anyway, I was thinking that maybe someone could talk to Hennen and have him "accidently" say after the introductions "In the land of Burgers, Fournier is King." :ohmy:

Jerseychaser1:

If you e-mail me with your seat number, I will personally bring you a sign. I've got "Skate for 8" printed and could paste it up tonight. The font is huge so it may even be visible from the upper deck. What time will you be there?

I've made the Vacation sign, which I had to tweak a bit so it would fit but it's pretty good. I added slashes for "MVP/Best Forward" and "VCR/Fast Forward" so it makes the joke a bit clearer. Couldn't fit in "How They Spent" so it's just labelled "Xmas Vacation" with two columns, headed "Zach" and Chris". The print for the list had to be a little small but hopefully the Dak will pick it up.

Also made the Murray-Parise-Stafford sign which spells U-S-A vertically, and colored it neatly. That one would be really cool to get autographs on Sunday afternoon.

These are the others:

Chris: want fries with that?

Seawolf--The Other Dead Meat

UND gets the gold mine;

UAA gets the shaft

Got Gold? [with WJC pics, only wish they were bigger]

Separated at Birth? [sorry not in color]

Welcome Back Chris;

Keep Your Chins Up

No one seemed to like the "Breakfast Club" references for the penalty box but UAA doesn't take many penaties anyway. NorthStar: I'll bring "Kiss Cam" and a few other oldies.

Or, if I hear from you guys right away that you like a particular idea for the penalty box, I'll have time to make one more sign before I leave for the game. I was thinking about some play on John Hill's (UAA coach) name. Something like: "You can sit here 'til Hill freezes over" or "You sit here while Hill boils over" ... "Hilluva player"... "Hill of a time to take a penalty"

You see what I'm trying to do.

Thoughts, please?

Okay. I guess that qualifies as a mandate. I've already printed "Has Parise Envy" and will paste it up tonight before the game.

That reminds me. I won't be able to go to the Minnesota series later this month but I'd be thrilled if the "Crappie/Crappy" sign could go in my place. If someone wants to take it, send me a PM.

Okay. I guess that qualifies as a mandate. I've already printed "Has Parise Envy" and will paste it up tonight before the game.

That reminds me. I won't be able to go to the Minnesota series later this month but I'd be thrilled if the "Crappie/Crappy" sign could go in my place. If someone wants to take it, send me a PM.

They don't allow signs in Marriucci, so I doubt that would work.

Sorry, I would have gotten back to you about the penalty box signs, but I don't have internet access at home anymore, so coming I can only get online every few days at the Union.

Hmm, interesting article. I expect the Sioux will treat Fournier the same way they treat any opposing scoring threat; no better, no worse. The fans, on the other hand, will ride him hard and put him away wet.

P.S. I only HOPE there are 11,000 in the arena this weekend.

Everyone noticed how Coach Hill did not start Fournier. I think it's because Fournier wouldn't be able to withstand all the booing and would have to leave the game due to intense crying.

I think he started a line that he hoped would control "The Gold Line."

Not sure why...works OK for me and didn't ask for a password.

Here is a part on the signs:

Fournier's return to North Dakota garnered plenty of attention. He began his college career in Grand Forks before transferring to UAA -- Fournier said he wasn't happy here; the Sioux questioned his physical fitness and commitment -- and the student section in The Ralph greeted him coldly for his first game back. One sign read, "Chris, Want Fries With That,'' and a student next to the one holding that sign dangled an empty container of McDonald french fries over the plexiglass in warmups. Another sign read, "Chris, Keep Your Chins Up.''

The author was a little misinformed. It wasn't an empty fry container hanging over the glass, it was a Big Mac. :ohmy: I can't believe he didn't mention the separated at birth sign. That was by far the funniest. Some of Fournier's teammates even got a laugh out of it when I pointed out just how similar Fournier and Grimace are during warm-ups.