SiouxSports.com Forum

UND vs Presentation College 12/13

SWSiouxMN

Going to admit right now, this will be my toughest preview of the year. Very hard to write about a team you can't really research on

After a game in which pretty much nothing went right against NDSU, UND (1-6) will host Presentation College, a D-III independent team from Aberdeen, South Dakota.

MEDIA:

Game will be on BigSkyTV and will be on 100.3 FM in Grand Forks.

HISTORY:

First Meeting Ever

ABOUT PRESENTATION COLLEGE (4-5)

The Saints are coached by Jeremy Reigel (3rd Season). Taking 1 look at their roster, I notice one thing... they are woefully undersized. Their tallest guy is 6'5. With a team that I know nothing about, I took a look at who they have played. They lost an exhibition game by 14 against UM-Crookston. They also have losses against VCSU and Minnesota-Morris as well.

KEYS TO THE GAME:

1) If we do not kill these guys in the rebounds, I might seriously walk on the court and show them how its done.

2) You have the talent, but they will come out firing because they know of the Mayville State game of 2009. Don't mess around, crush their hope early. Take all of your frustrations from the past 3 weeks and just blow them out of the water

3) Get Healthy: Get through this game without anymore injuries please.

I understand that there was a TON of crowing about this game, while I still hate that this game is on the schedule, given the events of the season so far. My hatred has gone down a tick.

• Upvote 1

Who scedules DIII schools when you are a D1 team. This is the best we can get for our non conference home games. A joke and who is going to come watch this game?

I agree. Can't we get at least South Dakota or a Wisconsin team (GB or Milwaukee) at least a DI team. Crown and Presentation...I never heard of them. What's next Lake Region?

Anybody know the real reason why Crown and Presentation are on our schedule? We're they scheduled before we had assured conference affiliation (i.e. before June 12)? We shouldn't have to put up with this next year (or any other year in the future), right?

DII yes but not DIII. Not a good way to get home attendance up. Bright side we get a WIN that doesnt count for anything.

What's the difference D2 or D3? Does it really matter? Schools at our level commonly schedule non D1's? I've said this before, it would be nice to get a Northern Sun D2 school, but that's not going to happen very frequently as those schools are already well into conference play. I'm exagerating when I say the NSIC has about 30 schools, so they need very few nonconference games. Sot that leaves us with D3's and NAIA's for our 1 or 2 lower level games. Definitely not ideal, but it is, what it is. Right now we just need to get on the floor and get after someone, and learn how to win. I don't care if it's against the Red River JV.

Coach Jones said in today's press conference, that Brekke is day-to-day and will not play tomorrow night. Hoping he gets cleared by Saturday because that is when they are leaving for SUU.

I hope for Brandon's sake his OK, and for the program's sake that they're just playing it safe, and this will not be a Chay Genoway type situation...............

Coach Jones said in today's press conference, that Brekke is day-to-day and will not play tomorrow night. Hoping he gets cleared by Saturday because that is when they are leaving for SUU.

I hope for Brandon's sake his OK, and for the program's sake that they're just playing it safe, and this will not be a Chay Genoway type situation...............

I agree as well, if Brekke is out a significant amount of time, it is really going to put Jones in a very tough spot. This is why not having Nash eligible hurts us a ton. At the very least, he can give us much needed depth at the 4. Pretty much going to have a rotation of 8 people tomorrow night. Its time for the battered senior class to step up and make their impact over the next fews games. Wilmer has at least done it from time to time, but he needs to be more consistent. Its time for Allard to bring it, the ice is breaking around his feet when it comes to me. Traylor as well, this is his perfect opportunity to get some good work in (wonder if he starts tomorrow night). I could see this lineup

Webb

Anderson

Schuler

Traylor

Witmer

Antwi

Archer

Allard

Benton

Bouncy (Stockdale)

On chat today, it was said that Huff has been practicing, so at the very least we have some good news on that department.

I'll be at the game, might as well check out the team 1 more time before heading out for break.

I see that Webb had 6 turnovers and 3 assists in 21 minutes..............

Very careless and forcing way to many passes. Jones immediately sat him after his 5th turnover and then put him back in later. He did have like 5 steals but this many turnovers is not good game after game.

I've defended Webb plenty, but no excuses about tonight. That was being careless with the basketball. It will have to get better for us to be successful. As Jone's said in the post game "when Jamal plays at a high level, this team plays at a totally different level" Time to start playing at that high level and stop forcing it. No reason to give it away so foolishly, against a team like that.

So I almost saw live 2 things I thought were impossible

1) We almost didn't commit a foul in the first half (33.1 seconds away)

2) Anderson almost threw one down

thoughts on the game

-Presentation is a bad, bad, bad.... team. They came with the big school/small school approach in which they slowed the game way down and limited UND possessions. It wasn't a bad strategy to employ, but once they got down my 30, it was pretty much done away with

The Players

-Traylor: I think he needed a game like this, just to get some positive vibes going for him. What I really liked was he was knocking in a couple of mid range jumpers. Lets see if this is the spark that he needs to start putting it all together

-Archer: Had an underrated performance tonight. Kinda got lost in the shuffle was he got a couple nice passes to his fellow post players. Would love to see some more of the post-to-post passing

-Wilmer: I expected more from Wilmer, but was left a bit disappointed. Had 6 rebounds, but should have had more. Just seemed off tonight. Was able to get a few blocks tonight, but that was to be expected

-Allard: Was more aggressive tonight and he too had a couple of nice passes to the post.

-Stockdale: Way to make the most of your minutes Bouncy! had a nice bucket

-Benton: Made the most of his minutes I thought. What I like is that he isn't afraid to put it up when he needs to.

-Anderson: Was the most efficient of all the guards tonight Filled up the stat sheet nicely, and that dunk attempt was soooo close. I think his 3 point shooting is starting to come back to form a little

-Webb: He can get steals like no other, let me tell ya. But come on, you need to start playing better with the ball in your hand. You cannot turn the ball over 6 times!!!! Quit trying to force everything, you should know better by now

-Schuler: His shot starting looking better more towards the end of the game than the beginning, was efficient with the ball with 3 assists.

-Antwi: He didn't look too bad out there, he got a couple of great looks and buried them and then a couple of good looks that didn't quite go in.

Things I didn't like

-Zone execution to start: Was kinda frustrated with the effort in the beginning when Presentation showed zone. Too much standing around. Eventually this was corrected, but come on. Antwi and Schuler eyes should light up like a christmas tree when you see a zone

-Webb's TO: If we are going to make a serious run at this thing, then Webb needs to cut his current TO rate of 4.6 in half. You cannot force it in every time. Gotta show some patience.

Saw a lot of good things, saw some not so good things. Its nice to see them win one for a change, but now the moment we have all be waiting for is coming. Big Sky play starts on Monday.