SiouxSports.com Forum

WCHA Officiating

Fedorov

I talked to Don Adam at the Final Five and he told me he will be taking about 4 guys from the WCHA to the new league and the rest will all be new to college hockey. I think that's a positive sign. He also said, "You guys will love it, I won't be on the ice anymore." :)

Shepard,Shepard,Hunt and Anderson?

Did anyone else notice the comment from the web cast announcers in the Notre Dame game Friday night? "To the fans from North Dakota watching, I don't know how your officiating has gone in the WCHA, but ours has been very questionable"

Must be a trend in NCAA hockey.......

That's the announcer for Notre Dame hockey, that guy is funny. He'll chirp you on twitter and engage with fans about the reffing. I kind of like his style.

Here's the latest can't put big hits on anyone. In the WCHA. I can't find a penalty in this hit, so what if it's violent? Hitting is part of the game.

Wrong. Gorg says its a "no-brainer" contact to the head major. Except that's not what was called. I believe it was one of two five minute majors for charging called on the weekend. I bet a stat geek couldn't find two five's for charging called all year in the WCHA.

Wrong. Gorg says its a "no-brainer" contact to the head major. Except that's not what was called. I believe it was one of two five minute majors for charging called on the weekend. I bet a stat geek couldn't find two five's for charging called all year in the WCHA.

Gorg also says that a game that MN lost in OT wasn't lost in OT. It was lost in the first period that ended in a 1-1 tie. Gorg is not the best person to ask.

I don't know. I stopped it at 29 second as the bodies collide and you can see Mav's helmet/head kind of bending around Bucky's shoulder. It's clear he didn't try to hit the Mav in the head, but the Mav was bent over a little in trying to make the play and Bucky was standing straight up and he tagged him. I don't know the actual contact to the head rule, but if it basically says to call it if the body of the perp hits the head of the victim, then this probably qualified.

Again, I'm not sure how it could be avoided without laying off the hit. I think it's just one of those things. But it's probably a good call for contact to the head.

I don't know. I stopped it at 29 second as the bodies collide and you can see Mav's helmet/head kind of bending around Bucky's shoulder. It's clear he didn't try to hit the Mav in the head, but the Mav was bent over a little in trying to make the play and Bucky was standing straight up and he tagged him. I don't know the actual contact to the head rule, but if it basically says to call it if the body of the perp hits the head of the victim, then this probably qualified.

Again, I'm not sure how it could be avoided without laying off the hit. I think it's just one of those things. But it's probably a good call for contact to the head.

That was a shoulder-to-shoulder hit, we got a better look at the hit from another angle in the press box and look at the Maverick players his shoulder is slumped.