SiouxSports.com Forum

Montana game

geaux_sioux

No, you can't actually predict the outcomes of games. If you could they wouldn't play the games. Not even Vegas gets them all right.

You want a good way to figure out who's going to win a game. PLAY THE GAME!!! And quit trying to tell us how to think about your beloved hairy beasts.

I swear you don't even read my posts. You just see Bison and immediately come up with a rebuttle.

I never said Vegas is right 100% of the time, but they are right a hell of a lot more often than they aren't.

How do you propose we PLAY THE GAME? The dude asked why I was of the opinion that NDSU would beat SDSU(aztecs) this year. Clearly NDSU won't be playing them this year.

How does someone as pragmatic as yourself respond to a hypothetical challenge such as this? Do you blindly respond "well we'll never know, maybe UND could beat LSU this year"?

Yes. They do. You don't get to control what people want to think, especially when you're not on your own forum. If you want to control what people think, or deal with people that think like you, go back to Bville.

I have never read a more closed minded post in my life. You can be damn sure if I came here and said NDSU would have beat Alabama last year I would get 100 people jumping down my throat telling me why I am wrong. But according to you nobody has the right to control what I want to think right. Hilarious.

Classic response, go back to Bisonville. haha.

I swear you don't even read my posts. You just see Bison and immediately come up with a rebuttle.

I never said Vegas is right 100% of the time, but they are right a hell of a lot more often than they aren't.

How do you propose we PLAY THE GAME? The dude asked why I was of the opinion that NDSU would beat SDSU(aztecs) this year. Clearly NDSU won't be playing them this year.

How does someone as pragmatic as yourself respond to a hypothetical challenge such as this? Do you blindly respond "well we'll never know, maybe UND could beat LSU this year"?

You responded to my comment, which was complete sarcasm. A Bison poster was trying to convince us that NDSU would absolutely beat SDSU without question, and used that web site as absolute proof because it predicted that 69% of the time NDSU would win. So I reacted with sarcasm when the same web site predicted with 100% certainty that NDSU would bead ISU, even after ISU won the game. Yet you had to respond to my comment. Obviously the sarcasm was over your head. But the correct answer is that you can't actually predict the outcome of college football games. You may be able to predict a majority of the winners, but nothing currently in existence will completely and accurately predict the outcome of games played by humans. When they figure out how to do that they will stop playing the games.

What?? College football games aren't decided by by web sites? You can't predict the outcomes of football games based on odds and rankings? I'm shocked, shocked I say.

I get so tired of you Bison fans coming over here to tell us how superior you think NDSU is to "lowly UND". You really need to get over yourselves. Bville would never allow UND posters to do that. And I don't see very many UND people over there trying it. Why do so many Bison fans have to keep coming over here? You certainly aren't adding to the conversation in a positive manner most of the time.

If someone asked me whether UND could beat LSU this year I would say not very likely; or the odds would be very much against it; or they would have 2 chances, slim and none; or I doubt it; or my prediction would be no; or I would probably bet against it; or something like that. I don't say yes or no, because I know that upsets happen. The 1980 US hockey team beat the Russians in the Olympics. That might be a bigger upset than UND beating LSU would be. So I know that I can't actually "know" who is going to win. I can make predictions based on certain factors, but I don't really "know" who is going to win.

You can believe that NDSU would beat San Diego State if you like, and they would probably have a decent chance to do that. But if you keep coming over here telling us how great NDSU is and that you "know" that they would destroy UND, you're going to continue to get a lot of push back.

I have never read a more closed minded post in my life. You can be damn sure if I came here and said NDSU would have beat Alabama last year I would get 100 people jumping down my throat telling me why I am wrong. But according to you nobody has the right to control what I want to think right. Hilarious.

Classic response, go back to Bisonville. haha.

If they want to make that claim on their own forum or in conversation, why shouldn't they? They may or may not be deluded, but what is the harm? Why do you have to go and correct them? When did NDSU fans get appointed the "Internet sports forums police"? What would happen on Bville if someone was constantly trying to correct people on there? Another example of NDSU fans thinking they are superior to everyone else. If you want to claim that NDSU would beat the New England Patriots, and make that claim on Bville, go ahead. If you come on another team's forum you are going to get a lot of grief. You have the right to think anything you want, where you make those thoughts public and the reaction you will get are totally different topics.

Do fanbases just get to randomly claim they would beat a team and then use examples like Indiana St. over NDSU to justify it?

You responded to my comment, which was complete sarcasm. A Bison poster was trying to convince us that NDSU would absolutely beat SDSU without question, and used that web site as absolute proof because it predicted that 69% of the time NDSU would win. So I reacted with sarcasm when the same web site predicted with 100% certainty that NDSU would bead ISU, even after ISU won the game. Yet you had to respond to my comment. Obviously the sarcasm was over your head. But the correct answer is that you can't actually predict the outcome of college football games. You may be able to predict a majority of the winners, but nothing currently in existence will completely and accurately predict the outcome of games played by humans. When they figure out how to do that they will stop playing the games.

I get so tired of you Bison fans coming over here to tell us how superior you think NDSU is to "lowly UND". You really need to get over yourselves. Bville would never allow UND posters to do that. And I don't see very many UND people over there trying it. Why do so many Bison fans have to keep coming over here? You certainly aren't adding to the conversation in a positive manner most of the time.

If someone asked me whether UND could beat LSU this year I would say not very likely; or the odds would be very much against it; or they would have 2 chances, slim and none; or I doubt it; or my prediction would be no; or I would probably bet against it; or something like that. I don't say yes or no, because I know that upsets happen. The 1980 US hockey team beat the Russians in the Olympics. That might be a bigger upset than UND beating LSU would be. So I know that I can't actually "know" who is going to win. I can make predictions based on certain factors, but I don't really "know" who is going to win.

You can believe that NDSU would beat San Diego State if you like, and they would probably have a decent chance to do that. But if you keep coming over here telling us how great NDSU is and that you "know" that they would destroy UND, you're going to continue to get a lot of push back.

Pretty ironic that in once sentence you make a condescending remark about something going over my head and then in the next claim that NDSU fans have a superiority complex.

I am not sure if you are lumping all NDSU fans in this or not, but if you read the entire thread(don't take the time) you would know that all of my posts were in line with what UND posters were saying. That UND would most likely have the exact same record they do now 4-3 against NDSU's schedule. I then asked how if UND fans agree that they would likely have the same record against NDSU's schedule where is the logic in saying NDSU has a weak schedule.

None of these comments could be misconstrued as me saying how amazing NDSU is and claiming nobody on earth could beat them. You read what you want to read everytime a Bison poster posts.

It would do you well to read each post seperately and not assume that because I have Bison in my name I can't even the slightest thread of objectivity.

You responded to my comment, which was complete sarcasm. A Bison poster was trying to convince us that NDSU would absolutely beat SDSU without question, and used that web site as absolute proof because it predicted that 69% of the time NDSU would win. So I reacted with sarcasm when the same web site predicted with 100% certainty that NDSU would bead ISU, even after ISU won the game. Yet you had to respond to my comment. Obviously the sarcasm was over your head.

Tjamz did not say that NDSU would absolutely beat SDSU without question. He was responding to a UND fan that posed the question, "I would like to know why you think NDSU would be able to win a game against SDSU this year."

In response to this question, he used an unbiased source to show why he believes NDSU would be able to win a game against SDSU this year. He gave the results from that website and immediately followed it up with, "Is that a guarantee? No..." Saying someone has the ability to win is not saying they would win without question.

As Bison06 pointed out, it appears you read what you want to read every time a Bison poster posts.

The dude asked why I was of the opinion that NDSU would beat SDSU(aztecs) this year.

And you still haven't answered that for me. Or why UND wouldn't beat CSU this year.

The website is fun and unique but loses all credibility when it predicts NDSU wouldn't lose a game all year, despite that they already have.

Let's see your stats and facts.

I am not sure if you are lumping all NDSU fans in this or not, but if you read the entire thread(don't take the time) you would know that all of my posts were in line with what UND posters were saying. That UND would most likely have the exact same record they do now 4-3 against NDSU's schedule. I then asked how if UND fans agree that they would likely have the same record against NDSU's schedule where is the logic in saying NDSU has a weak schedule.

It all started when JohnBoy said that you're not a good team unless you beat someone legitimate. I pointed out that NDSU's schedule doesn't include anyone legitimate. In fact, NDSU could make the playoffs despite not bearing anyone over .500 (unlikely but possible.)

How UND does against a certain schedule has nothing to do with how good of a schedule NDSU has. All it says is UND isn't as good as NDSU, something which nobody is denying, minus a select idiots. NDSU hasn't played anyone they shouldn't have easily beat. They lost in a big upset but their schedule is still weak to this point. We will see how good the bison are with 3 of their last 4 games against better teams. I don't see how any NDSU fans can objectively claim they have played a tough schedule.

If they want to make that claim on their own forum or in conversation, why shouldn't they? They may or may not be deluded, but what is the harm? Why do you have to go and correct them? When did NDSU fans get appointed the "Internet sports forums police"? What would happen on Bville if someone was constantly trying to correct people on there? Another example of NDSU fans thinking they are superior to everyone else. If you want to claim that NDSU would beat the New England Patriots, and make that claim on Bville, go ahead. If you come on another team's forum you are going to get a lot of grief. You have the right to think anything you want, where you make those thoughts public and the reaction you will get are totally different topics.

As a Dolphins fan I would be happy to see NDSU beat New England.

And you still haven't answered that for me. Or why UND wouldn't beat CSU this year.

The website is fun and unique but loses all credibility when it predicts NDSU wouldn't lose a game all year, despite that they already have.

Let's see your stats and facts.

Bisonboone answered exactly what I was going to say, so no need to repeat. There are no facts and stats to prove with 100% certainty that NDSU would beat SDSU, that's why it's called an opinion. It is an informed opinion, but an opinion nonetheless.

It all started when JohnBoy said that you're not a good team unless you beat someone legitimate. I pointed out that NDSU's schedule doesn't include anyone legitimate. In fact, NDSU could make the playoffs despite not bearing anyone over .500 (unlikely but possible.)

How UND does against a certain schedule has nothing to do with how good of a schedule NDSU has. All it says is UND isn't as good as NDSU, something which nobody is denying, minus a select idiots. NDSU hasn't played anyone they shouldn't have easily beat. They lost in a big upset but their schedule is still weak to this point. We will see how good the bison are with 3 of their last 4 games against better teams. I don't see how any NDSU fans can objectively claim they have played a tough schedule.

Well if you want to play that game nobody knows how tough their schedule was until the season plays out. Maybe EWU loses out and Cal-Poly loses out and now those losses don't look so good.

Maybe YSU wins out and makes a run in the playoffs, maybe Indiana State also wins out and goes on to make a lot of noise in the playoffs and those games become very difficult games on NDSU's schedule.

Bisonboone answered exactly what I was going to say, so no need to repeat. There are no facts and stats to prove with 100% certainty that NDSU would beat SDSU, that's why it's called an opinion. It is an informed opinion, but an opinion nonetheless.

I am honestly interested in your football analysis. Not bisonboone referencing a website that has shown that a team that just played NDSU has a 0 in 500 chance of winning the game they just won.

Edit: Indiana State has some decent wins on the season, yet to not even be expected to win 1 out of 100 games vs NDSU tells me the website isn't as great or impartial as some on here believe.

This thread is a disaster. Anyone have an opinion on petition signature forging? :lol:

This thread has turned into what every thread UND thread on AGS turns into which is NDSU feeling the need to "correct" everyone and anyone whenever they feel they have been the least bit slighted. I've said it before and I will say it again, you don't see UND fans continually monitoring Bville or other boards waiting for bison fans to disrespect UND so we can get into a "pissing" match...well maybe outside of one UND fan. Yet that's all that Bison fans seem to do. The only way to stop it is to ignore their trolling...

I will give this thread a "third" to lock down since no one is talking the Montana game anymore.

I am honestly interested in your football analysis. Not bisonboone referencing a website that has shown that a team that just played NDSU has a 0 in 500 chance of winning the game they just won.

Edit: Indiana State has some decent wins on the season, yet to not even be expected to win 1 out of 100 games vs NDSU tells me the website isn't as great or impartial as some on here believe.

I look to a few key stats when looking at a matchup between NDSU and SDSU(aztecs)

The first one is SDSU is giving up 28.1 points per game this season, NDSU is averaging 41.3 ppg. I don't think we'd need to score that many to win, but I don't see them being able to slow down our offense much. SDSU passing defense is the culprit and has shown all year that they cannot stop anyone through the air. In fact teams are averaing over 270 yards per game through the air on them.

On paper SDSU seems to be good against the run, but given their woes in stopping the pass my guess is this is the Vikings effects taking place.(Vikings led the league many years in a row against the run, but nobody ran on them because you could pass for however many yards you wanted so why waste time running the ball.) NDSU is extremely balanced on offense and I see SDSU offering little resistance to NDSU's ball control, methodical offense that rarely makes mistakes.

The second stat I look to in this matchup is 3rd down conversion rates. NDSU's defense is extremly good at getting off the field on third down. SDSU's offense is under 50% in this category. In contrast NDSU's offense is darn good at converting 3rd down opportunities, while SDSU offense is poor in getting off the field on third down.

I could go into a few more points about the stats, but ultimately I believe it comes down to matchups. I don't believe their offensive line has the guys to handle NDSU's defensive line and this is where I believe NDSU would impose their will and take over the game.

Feel free to offer your own analysis, but this is how I see it.

Edit: http://goaztecs.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/sdsu-m-footbl-CumulativeStats.html

http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=205682197&DB_OEM_ID=2400

Well if you want to play that game nobody knows how tough their schedule was until the season plays out. Maybe EWU loses out and Cal-Poly loses out and now those losses don't look so good.

Maybe YSU wins out and makes a run in the playoffs, maybe Indiana State also wins out and goes on to make a lot of noise in the playoffs and those games become very difficult games on NDSU's schedule.

DUDE! Give. It. Up. Seriously, go away man!

I look to a few key stats when looking at a matchup between NDSU and SDSU(aztecs)

The first one is SDSU is giving up 28.1 points per game this season, NDSU is averaging 41.3 ppg. I don't think we'd need to score that many to win, but I don't see them being able to slow down our offense much. SDSU passing defense is the culprit and has shown all year that they cannot stop anyone through the air. In fact teams are averaing over 270 yards per game through the air on them.

On paper SDSU seems to be good against the run, but given their woes in stopping the pass my guess is this is the Vikings effects taking place.(Vikings led the league many years in a row against the run, but nobody ran on them because you could pass for however many yards you wanted so why waste time running the ball.) NDSU is extremely balanced on offense and I see SDSU offering little resistance to NDSU's ball control, methodical offense that rarely makes mistakes.

The second stat I look to in this matchup is 3rd down conversion rates. NDSU's defense is extremly good at getting off the field on third down. SDSU's offense is under 50% in this category. In contrast NDSU's offense is darn good at converting 3rd down opportunities, while SDSU offense is poor in getting off the field on third down.

I could go into a few more points about the stats, but ultimately I believe it comes down to matchups. I don't believe their offensive line has the guys to handle NDSU's defensive line and this is where I believe NDSU would impose their will and take over the game.

Edit: http://goaztecs.cstv...ativeStats.html

http://www.gobison.c...&DB_OEM_ID=2400

They actually have a really really good run defense. You can't run on them so you have to pass, just like those Vikings teams. You try to run and get stuffed so you can only pass which skews their pass defense stats.

They have a soon to be pro TE who can't be covered by anyone on your team since he's 6'6" and can run. The QB is also big and very mobile so pressure can backfire.

It'd be a good game and you guys could win.

Edit: http://goaztecs.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/sdsu-m-footbl-CumulativeStats.html

http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=205682197&DB_OEM_ID=2400

Thank you for your analysis. Despite the Vikings personality you see with SDSU, I see an NDSU team that relies heavily on running and defense. It's no doubt the Bison defense is good. However, Brock Jensen has yet to throw for more than 200 yards against the better teams on NDSUs schedule. Yes, he has torn apart some bad teams but still only averages 201 passing yards per game. I don't think NDSUs passing game would be effective.

It would turn into a run offense vs run defense game. While Army runs a different offense than NDSU, San Diego shut them down. I admit Army is down this year, but having seen them in person, it is mostly their defense that struggles.

I think SDSUs offense would be potent enough to piece together some drives. They would likely have to resort to the pass because their run game has struggled at times.

In a 10 game series, I say NDSU wins 3 or 4. Obviously in a one game session anyone can win, but I don't think NDSUs offense could generate enough in the air to win. Likely a 21-17 game. Most of the games would be within 10 points.

To be fair, I think with Braden Hansen at QB, UND would win 2-3 of the 10 games vs SDSU. The UND defense would have to play extremely well to keep it close. A lot of blowouts in those 10 games.

Thank you for your analysis. Despite the Vikings personality you see with SDSU, I see an NDSU team that relies heavily on running and defense. It's no doubt the Bison defense is good. However, Brock Jensen has yet to throw for more than 200 yards against the better teams on NDSUs schedule. Yes, he has torn apart some bad teams but still only averages 201 passing yards per game. I don't think NDSUs passing game would be effective.

It would turn into a run offense vs run defense game. While Army runs a different offense than NDSU, San Diego shut them down. I admit Army is down this year, but having seen them in person, it is mostly their defense that struggles.

I think SDSUs offense would be potent enough to piece together some drives. They would likely have to resort to the pass because their run game has struggled at times.

In a 10 game series, I say NDSU wins 3 or 4. Obviously in a one game session anyone can win, but I don't think NDSUs offense could generate enough in the air to win. Likely a 21-17 game. Most of the games would be within 10 points.

To be fair, I think with Braden Hansen at QB, UND would win 2-3 of the 10 games vs SDSU. The UND defense would have to play extremely well to keep it close. A lot of blowouts in those 10 games.

Great analysis, I disagree about Brock though. I believe it has been the play calling that hasn't allowed him to have the stats of some other QB's. He has the ability to light a defense up, NDSU just hasn't needed him to.

I am not sure how you see NDSU only scoring 21 points when they are averaging much more than that and SDSU defense is also giving up much more than that.

Great analysis, I disagree about Brock though. I believe it has been the play calling that hasn't allowed him to have the stats of some other QB's. He has the ability to light a defense up, NDSU just hasn't needed him to.

I am not sure how you see NDSU only scoring 21 points when they are averaging much more than that and SDSU defense is also giving up much more than that.

I attribute that to quality of teams played. NDSU only put up 22 vs a bad CSU team. They have had some easy and big wins this year. In close games, the Bison have struggled to put up massive points. It's tough to tell how YSU will finish but that is the one game against an above average opponent in which they scored a lot.