SiouxSports.com Forum

UND License Plates

PhillySioux

UND License Plates  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Would you apply and the pay the annual $25 (ND residents only)?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Which logo would your prefer?

• UND Flame Logo
    • Interlocking ND
    • UND Academic Seal

Any one else annoyed with all the NDSU ND license plates around and no UND option?

Now that the nickname issue is over (which I imagine played a role in why it was never done) it should be doable.

State needs 50 applicants at $25 a pop and a one time $1500 "organization fee," not sure who the correct org would be: Champions Club, Alumni Association etc?

So, a couple polls to gauge interest.

I have been wondering the same thing for a while. I believe that the Alumni Association would be the contacts to get this done (I think that is how other schools have done it). My guess is your comment about the nickname issue having something to do with it is pretty on point. I don't think getting 50 applicants would be an issue, just need someone to organize it and then someone to cover the organization fee. Again, I think this is a place that the Alumni Association could step in.

As for choice, I would be fine with either the interlocking ND or the Academic Seal with the option of being able to add whatever the new logo is at a later date.

In some states, a few extra dollars from each plate goes to the respective schools. Is that how it works in ND? If so, you would think it would be another revenue source for the schools that they'd push. Around here, I think the Iowa and Iowa State plates are nearly equal to the regular plates in popularity.

if I lived in ND, I'd probably spring for UND plates.

If I was a ND resident, I would surely do this. Our license plate is "MNSIOUX" so I do think that we would have gone for something like this. I wonder if I could get it done in MN?? :D

That'd be sweet. I'd totally be on board with that one.

I see cars all over with Sioux logos or UND window stickers here in Burnsville.

That'd be sweet. I'd totally be on board with that one.

I see cars all over with Sioux logos or UND window stickers here in Burnsville.

Would the plates be allowed to have a Sioux logo?? If not, maybe that's why there aren't any yet.

Oops, now I see that was already mentioned earlier......

Edited by UNDBIZ

I like that they just put the organizations logo on the standard state license plate. Try driving in Montana sometime. I guarantee you will see a special license plate design for every organization around. It's pretty normal to see at least a dozen different style plates while driving around Billings. It's even crazy here in Baker!

I like that they just put the organizations logo on the standard state license plate. Try driving in Montana sometime. I guarantee you will see a special license plate design for every organization around. It's pretty normal to see at least a dozen different style plates while driving around Billings. It's even crazy here in Baker!

Try Florida. Every University, organization, cause.... http://www.flhsmv.go.../specialtytags/

Examples.

"Play Tennis"

"Support Soccer"

"Family Values"

Minot State, North Dakota State, Dickinson State and Valley City State all have plates available, along with a handful other special interest groups.

If I remember right, there was an effort through the Alumni Association to have a UND license plate at about the same time as NDSU. I am pretty sure that they decided against doing a UND plate at that time, but I don't remember why. It might be a good time to explore the issue again.