SiouxSports.com Forum

Eight Bison football players charged

darell1976

I understand you're in love with the "FCS" label but you're going to have to accept the fact that its days are numbered. Don't believe it because I said so, believe it because you read it here.

Great so when they OFFICIALLY change it, I will call it whatever they decide to call it. I understand you are in love with your own opinion, but you are insane and your opinions on 99% of topics are ridiculous.

• Upvote 2

So, what would you do under the same circumstance with 8 und football players? It sounds like you have all the answers. So tell me, seriously tell me?

If this get pleaded down to a minimal charge, they will likely get a game or two suspension, but that will likely occur after their case is heard. Would you run your und players out of town or kick them out of school? Tell me what you would do to 8 und football players in the same circumstance? Sure, the media and boards like this are going to make a lot out of this, but all the coach and ad really have to deal with the facts, not the whining media and fans on other boards. But, please carry on and try to make heads roll, I wouldn't expect anything less.

YOUR OWN FANS ARE SAYING THEY SHOULD BE SUSPENDED.

During the past week, Bison fans were spouting off all kinds of reasons why no suspenions were necessary:

Terra forced them to act unethically,

Terra never instructed them properly,

The payments were illegal (they aren't)

Bohl knows more than we do, so let's trust him,

Only a few signatures were forged,

No players have admitted anything,

No drugs or alcohol was used,

Bohl will give out suspensions if there are guilty verdicts,

We need to let the legal proceedings play out.

Then it is determined at a starting LB was picked up for a minor and resisting police. No suspension.

Everything that bison fans have been spouting off on this subject has been lies. That whole fan base just needs to admit that Bohl, Taylor, and Bresciani have no ethics but winning.

At the press conference, Bohl said he would let the legal process play out. Taylor and Bohl had no such intention. Taylor is flipping the bird to ethics, the ND legal system, ND people, NDSU Student code, and constitutional principles.

Bison fans are applauding Taylor now. This is not the ND I grew up in, its more like Chicagoland politics. Disgusting. Not one bison fan has called out Taylor and Bohl to do the ethical thing. Instead, they come here and nitpick about IAA vs FCS, when even FCS wants to rid itself of the FCS label.

How can it not be concluded that NDSU leadership and their sheep fans are anything but ethically and morally challenged?

This is the attitude that has had me continuing this discussion. Some UND fans here on this board are so convinced that UND is above things like this, and it is really getting annoying.

Chicagoland politics? smh. I must have missed the article about Coach Bohl throwing someone in Lake Michigan with a pair of cement shoes.

I have no problem with anyone having the opinion that these guys need to be punished, heck I agree with that. But the hyperbole is so over the top in this thread and you guys are making this out to be so much worse than it is.

So, what would you do under the same circumstance with 8 und football players? It sounds like you have all the answers. So tell me, seriously tell me?

If this get pleaded down to a minimal charge, they will likely get a game or two suspension, but that will likely occur after their case is heard. Would you run your und players out of town or kick them out of school? Tell me what you would do to 8 und football players in the same circumstance? Sure, the media and boards like this are going to make a lot out of this, but all the coach and ad really have to deal with the facts, not the whining media and fans on other boards. But, please carry on and try to make heads roll, I wouldn't expect anything less.

I think this situation is really stupid, and that discipline is likely warranted at some point for this fraud. But it not the kind of situation that warrants immediate expulsion from the team or suspension. It's the kind of thing you let plan out and you react to the fact in court. There are certain violations that warrant immediate reaction to get a player off the team, this is not one of them in my opinion. You react after the case has been heard.

I don't think its the fact that the players arn't suspended yet but its the fact that the AD and Coach Bohl are acting like this isn't that big of a deal. This is a huge deal and it should've been dealt with right away instead of the "we will wait until all the facts are out" mentality.

Whatever you say, BisonBoy. Thank you for giving me your undivided attention, it clearly shows that I have gotten inside your head. Mission accomplished, LOL!!! :lol:

Glad I am in your head since it is your self proclaimed mission to get inside my head. Walked right into that what didn't you.

During the past week, Bison fans were spouting off all kinds of reasons why no suspenions were necessary:

Terra forced them to act unethically,

Terra never instructed them properly,

The payments were illegal (they aren't)

Bohl knows more than we do, so let's trust him,

Only a few signatures were forged,

No players have admitted anything,

No drugs or alcohol was used,

Bohl will give out suspensions if there are guilty verdicts,

We need to let the legal proceedings play out.

Then it is determined at a starting LB was picked up for a minor and resisting police. No suspension.

Everything that bison fans have been spouting off on this subject has been lies. That whole fan base just needs to admit that Bohl, Taylor, and Bresciani have no ethics but winning.

At the press conference, Bohl said he would let the legal process play out. Taylor and Bohl had no such intention. Taylor is flipping the bird to ethics, the ND legal system, ND people, NDSU Student code, and constitutional principles.

Bison fans are applauding Taylor now. This is not the ND I grew up in, its more like Chicagoland politics. Disgusting. Not one bison fan has called out Taylor and Bohl to do the ethical thing. Instead, they come here and nitpick about IAA vs FCS, when even FCS wants to rid itself of the FCS label.

How can it not be concluded that NDSU leadership and their sheep fans are anything but ethically and morally challenged?

I would sat them for them for half of the RMU game(Ojuri the entire game) and moved on. There is my opinion, I agree that our response to this hasn't been great.

I do however think that Bohl, Taylor and Bresciani have ethics and want the football program and school to operate in an ethical manner. One mishandled issue won't shake my confidence in their leadership.

I don't care if it's NDSU, UND, USC, or Notre Dame... the players should at least be suspended if not dismissed from the team. There is no excuse for NDSU's failure to punish these kids for their behavior. The message they have sent couldn't be clearer : You don't have to obey the law when you're a Bison football player. I'm so glad I don't cheer for that team. They're a dirty program.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

If this get pleaded down to a minimal charge, they will likely get a game or two suspension, but that will likely occur after their case is heard. Would you run your und players out of town or kick them out of school? Tell me what you would do to 8 und football players in the same circumstance? Sure, the media and boards like this are going to speculate on the legal outcome, but all the coach and ad really have to deal with the legal facts which are not yet clear, not the whining media and fans on other boards. But, please carry on and try to make heads roll, I wouldn't expect anything less.

I think this situation is really stupid, and that discipline is likely warranted at some point for this fraud. But it not the kind of situation that warrants immediate expulsion from the team or suspension. It's the kind of thing you let play out and you react to the facts. There are certain violations that warrant immediate reaction to get a player off the team, this is not one of them in my opinion. You react after the case has been heard. I think it would be handled that way on nearly any college campus.

But it sounds like your Athletic director said that there would be no suspensions period. First they say they are waiting to see how it plays out, then they say they have suffered enough and there would be no suspensions. Which is it? First of all, I would not downplay fraud. There was a girl that said she was worried that she would lose her green card because she was not allowed to vote, and her name was signed to this petition. I guess I would wonder why there wasn't one of those players that stopped and thought about signing someone else's name and said to themselves or their friends, "This is wrong". Apparently the administration at NDSU doesn't believe in right and wrong, nor the states ability to rate crimes.

Already stated what NDSU (or UND for that matter) should have done:

Suspend the players for one or two games starting with the RMU game, alternating the suspension games so that no more than two players would be out for any one game. Other schools have done the same thing for athletes that cheated. Grnted, NDSUs situation is far worse, as the cheating is criminal. But at least Taylor wouldn't be so brazen about his lack of ethics.

You were spouting Bohl's and Taylors line, which made you a liar too, so understand why you should be upset by what is posted hre.

If this get pleaded down to a minimal charge, they will likely get a game or two suspension, but that will likely occur after their case is heard. Would you run your und players out of town or kick them out of school? Tell me what you would do to 8 und football players in the same circumstance? Sure, the media and boards like this are going to speculate on the legal outcome, but all the coach and ad really have to deal with the legal facts which are not yet clear, not the whining media and fans on other boards. But, please carry on and try to make heads roll, I wouldn't expect anything less.

I think this situation is really stupid, and that discipline is likely warranted at some point for this fraud. But it not the kind of situation that warrants immediate expulsion from the team or suspension. It's the kind of thing you let play out and you react to the facts. There are certain violations that warrant immediate reaction to get a player off the team, this is not one of them in my opinion. You react after the case has been heard. I think it would be handled that way on nearly any college campus.

Already stated what NDSU (or UND for that matter) should have done:

Suspend the players for one or two games starting with the RMU game, alternating the suspension games so that no more than two players would be out for any one game. Other schools have done the same thing for athletes that cheated. Grnted, NDSUs situation is far worse, as the cheating is criminal. But at least Taylor wouldn't be so brazen about his lack of ethics.

You were spouting Bohl's and Taylors line, which made you a liar too, so understand why you should be upset by what is posted hre.

I agree, a one game suspension should have been handed out, not sure why it wasn't.

But let's not kid ourselves, had a one game suspension been handed out people would still be hungry for blood. There isn't really anything that they could have done that would have been good enough. People who are looking for NDSU to stumble will always be there to pile on when things like this happen.

Unless the North Dakota court record system is wrong, there are charges pending so it isn't made up.

Pretty impressive you have to bend the truth on something that happened five or six years ago to try and defend your team.

Never said the system is wrong just his take on it. Once again pick and choose the bits and pieces you want to support your Kelly green view. Read

I think this situation is really stupid, and that discipline is likely warranted at some point for this fraud. But it not the kind of situation that warrants immediate expulsion from the team or suspension. It's the kind of thing you let plan out and you react to the fact in court. There are certain violations that warrant immediate reaction to get a player off the team, this is not one of them in my opinion. You react after the case has been heard.

Mussman benched 2 players for the first game because they skipped a class. If that is the standard that the coach is setting I would expect that someone that admitted to a Class A Misdemeanor would get that or more. At least 1-3 games suspended. If this is a second or third offense the suspension would be longer, and if the crimes were serious enough they should be dismissed from the team. Then the coach could decide whether all of the suspensions would be served at the same time or if they would be spread throughout the rest of the season.

There are several problems with how NDSU has handled this issue. First, Bohl has a history of reacting quickly. This time he decided to wait for the courts. It was especially questionable because the team was getting ready to play up against a FBS program. Second is the attitude that this isn't a serious crime. The North Dakota Legislature must have believed that the crime is fairly serious if they made it a Class A Misdemeanor. This is a case of forging legal documents and interfering with the election process. It is definitely a serious crime. Third is the fact that Gene Taylor has now declared that the players will not be suspended. He is trying to make them out as victims, even though they have reportedly admitted to investigators that they committed the crime. Not only are they criminals, they are either lazy or stupid or both. Taylor announcing that this isn't a big deal and that they won't be punished any further is a slap in the face to the people of North Dakota at a time when higher education is already under a microscope. That is a problem that could hurt all of higher education because it adds fuel to the fire for people like Al Carlson who want to bring higher education down a few pegs.

Don't give yourself too much credit there. My mission is to get inside the heads of ALL Bison loving d-bags, not just you individually. :lol:

Why don't you put your kid in jeans and a Belfour jersey and send him to baseball practice. Tree.... Apple .... Falling close to each other

Mussman benched 2 players for the first game because they skipped a class. If that is the standard that the coach is setting I would expect that someone that admitted to a Class A Misdemeanor would get that or more. At least 1-3 games suspended. If this is a second or third offense the suspension would be longer, and if the crimes were serious enough they should be dismissed from the team. Then the coach could decide whether all of the suspensions would be served at the same time or if they would be spread throughout the rest of the season.

There are several problems with how NDSU has handled this issue. First, Bohl has a history of reacting quickly. This time he decided to wait for the courts. It was especially questionable because the team was getting ready to play up against a FBS program. Second is the attitude that this isn't a serious crime. The North Dakota Legislature must have believed that the crime is fairly serious if they made it a Class A Misdemeanor. This is a case of forging legal documents and interfering with the election process. It is definitely a serious crime. Third is the fact that Gene Taylor has now declared that the players will not be suspended. He is trying to make them out as victims, even though they have reportedly admitted to investigators that they committed the crime. Not only are they criminals, they are either lazy or stupid or both. Taylor announcing that this isn't a big deal and that they won't be punished any further is a slap in the face to the people of North Dakota at a time when higher education is already under a microscope. That is a problem that could hurt all of higher education because it adds fuel to the fire for people like Al Carlson who want to bring higher education down a few pegs.

Don't change the facts to fit your argument. Coach Bohl knew about this weeks before the CSU game per the articles everyone is quoting. If he wanted to react quickly to this he could have very easily suspended them all for the RMU game, a game that we could have won without any one of our starters. So to say that the timing is suspect and he delayed the process to make sure two starters could play in the CSU game is disingenuous.

Don't change the facts to fit your argument. Coach Bohl knew about this weeks before the CSU game per the articles everyone is quoting. If he wanted to react quickly to this he could have very easily suspended them all for the RMU game, a game that we could have won without any one of our starters. So to say that the timing is suspect and he delayed the process to make sure two starters could play in the CSU game is disingenuous.

The fact that the announcements were made the week of the CSU game is what makes it suspicious to most people. Most people don't have any idea about when he knew anything. The AG made an announcement on Tuesday, and Bohl held his press conference on Tuesday. Therefore the average citizen on the street believes that Bohl was reacting to the AG announcement. That is why the general impression is that he was protecting his players so he could win this particular game and that is the impression I am talking about. Most people in North Dakota aren't getting into all of the details. They know that NDSU players committed a crime and the school is not doing anything publicly to punish them, even though NDSU has punished players that have committed other players that may have committed a lesser crime.

Second is the attitude that this isn't a serious crime. The North Dakota Legislature must have believed that the crime is fairly serious if they made it a Class A Misdemeanor. This is a case of forging legal documents and interfering with the election process. It is definitely a serious crime.

Actually, fraud/forgery are considered crimes of "dishonesty" and viewed pretty seriously by a variety of industries, regardless of when they occurred and even if they are misdemeanors, since they reflect on the integrity of the person. Since none of these idiots will make the NFL, they had better hope they graduate with a 4.0 in chemical engineering. The fact the 'su adminstration seems to poo-poo the issue and the potential impacts on their players shows their integrity, or lack thereof.

• Upvote 1

Worse than acting like it isn't a big deal, they're making these kids out to be victims. Clearly this paints NDSU as a corrupt football program full of thugs and criminals who think that they're above the law.

CLEARLY putting yor kid in jeans and a Belfour jersey paints the picture that people think he's a nerd. You have an opinion and so do I. See how stupid you sound

You're an idiot! I just can't figure out why you would post something as specific as "your kid wearing a Belfour jersey to baseball practice" AGAIN. You posted that same nonsense about a year ago. If you're trying to make a not so subtle attempt to suggest that you know who I am in real life, two things must be stated :

1. I could give a rat's a$$ if you know who I am in real life.

2. My kid doesn't even own a Belfour jersey

If only that we're true

You said earlier he suspended Jemison cause he knew about it and had a conversation with BJ and that is why he got suspended so quickly. If he knew about this for weeks before, and the players obviously admitted their guilt. Why no suspension?

You're an idiot! I just can't figure out why you would post something as specific as "your kid wearing a Belfour jersey to baseball practice" AGAIN. You posted that same nonsense about a year ago. If you're trying to make a not so subtle attempt to suggest that you know who I am in real life, two things must be stated :

1. I could give a rat's a$$ if you know who I am in real life.

2. My kid doesn't even own a Belfour jersey

I think I'm in your head :)

I don't dress my kid, he dresses himself. Nobody thinks anybody is a nerd for wearing a Belfour jersey (or any kind of jersey for that matter). My kid doesn't even own a Belfour jersey. See how stupid YOU sound.

Only if it's in jeans and to baseball practice when everyone else is properly dressed. Otherwise the Belfour jersey is really cool