SiouxSports.com Forum

Eight Bison football players charged

darell1976

What's wrong with history...it repeats itself.

Last attempt :)

If Beck gets convicted of a felony, what is the acceptable maximum and minimum punishment in your eyes?

If Beck gets convicted of a misdemeanor, what is the acceptable maximum and minimum punishment in your eyes?

If all charges end up being dropped, what is the acceptable maximum and minimum punishment in your eyes?

• Upvote 1

If Beck gets convicted of a felony, what is the acceptable maximum and minimum punishment in your eyes? Kicked Off Team.

If Beck gets convicted of a misdemeanor, what is the acceptable maximum and minimum punishment in your eyes? Suspended Two Games.

If all charges end up being dropped, what is the acceptable maximum and minimum punishment in your eyes? Nothing

If Beck gets convicted of a felony, what is the acceptable maximum and minimum punishment in your eyes?

If Beck gets convicted of a misdemeanor, what is the acceptable maximum and minimum punishment in your eyes?

If all charges end up being dropped, what is the acceptable maximum and minimum punishment in your eyes?

IMO:

Guilty on all, kicked off team for good

Guilty on just resisting arrest, kicked off team for good ( since it was a second offense)

Not guilty on all charges, no punishment.

Sounds like all charges were dropped.

Aggravated assault charge is dropped as they are not sure they can fully prove he is guilty of aggravated assault while also disproving that he acted in self-defense. Up to the city prosecutor to pursue the resisting arrest charge if they wish and it is still pending and has not been dropped as of the news conference. I don't see them continuing with it, though this the second time he has been charged with that. Still not sure he gets off without some suspension from NDSU being that he was still involved in a fight and it brought a large amount of negative press to NDSU.

Even with charges dropped doesn't this tarnish NDSU's reputation by players breaking the law every single year. And not just little things but assault, theft, fraud, indecent exposure. What's next?

Aggravated assault charge is dropped as they are not sure they can fully prove he is guilty of aggravated assault while also disproving that he acted in self-defense. Up to the city prosecutor to pursue the resisting arrest charge if they wish and it is still pending. I don't see them continuing with it, though this the second time he has been charged with that. Still not sure he gets off without some suspension from NDSU being that he was still involved in a fight and it brought a large amount of negative press to NDSU.

Are you joking?

Getting in a fight and charged with resisting arrest (still pending at this moment) even without the assault charges? I could see a game or two.

With the resisting arrest sticking, yes. Without, they will do absolutely nothing IMO.

With the resisting arrest sticking, yes. Without, they will do absolutely nothing IMO.

You could very well be right and I wouldn't be surprised. My only thought is that this incident falls under the "violence" category that GT/Bohl have said is unexcusable. The prosecutors did not say he was innnocent, they said they didn't feel they could prove he was guilty of the assault while also proving he wasn't acting in self-defense. Big difference and point being, he was still out drinking and got in a fight at 2 in the morning and then on top of it, resisted arrest, the second time the police have felt the need to charge him with that charge.

IMO just the fight should be a 1-game suspension (not saying ndsu will do that, just my opinion that they should). If convicted of resisting arrest on top of that, then 2 games total suspension. Had he been convicted of felony assault then I would've said kicked off team for good, but it looks like he dodged a bullet there.