SiouxSports.com Forum

2014 Recruiting

UND Fan

Something that should also be pointed out. The creator of hudl deserves a Nobel Peace Prize.

Haha geaux......no question!!! Or maybe an ESPY for the way it changed American sports recruiting. It has completely transformed athletic recruiting. Talent that would've never been discovered now have a legitimate chance to find a home. My first son was still relying on sending DVDs and paying for an expensive webpage. Now kids of all socioeconomic strata have the same benefits.

That is what scares me lol

Will Lyons had interest from San Jose State and was a good DB in Nevada high school football. His grades cost him an opportunity at an FBS school. Watch for him during spring ball, because he has a chance to improve our secondary this fall.

Here are his highlights:

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/o/717876/highlights/32495374

Haha geaux......no question!!! Or maybe an ESPY for the way it changed American sports recruiting. It has completely transformed athletic recruiting. Talent that would've never been discovered now have a legitimate chance to find a home. My first son was still relying on sending DVDs and paying for an expensive webpage. Now kids of all socioeconomic strata have the same benefits.

Exactly. I wish I had hudl at my disposal. The underlying granola eating sociological theme that you touched on though is the impact on kids who wouldn't have had the monetary means to get their tape out there when they were good enough to play and also get an education and contribute to the real world afterward. I say we file for the hudl creators Nobel Peace Prize consideration for the perhaps unintentional impact on the lives of those who would previously not be granted the opportunity to utilize their athletic ability as a vehicle to obtain an otherwise rare academic opportunity. Dare I say in the field of economics?

Exactly. I wish I had hudl at my disposal. The underlying granola eating sociological theme that you touched on though is the impact on kids who wouldn't have had the monetary means to get their tape out there when they were good enough to play and also get an education and contribute to the real world afterward. I say we file for the hudl creators Nobel Peace Prize consideration for the perhaps unintentional impact on the lives of those who would previously not be granted the opportunity to utilize their athletic ability as a vehicle to obtain an otherwise rare academic opportunity. Dare I say in the field of economics?

You want to start the paperwork?? (haha)

Here it is:

The Economic Sciences Prize Committee

The Economic Sciences Prize Committee at the Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences is responsible for the selection of candidates for the Prize in Economic Sciences from the names submitted for consideration by qualified nominators, who have been invited through formal letters.

Link: http://www.nobelprize.org/nomination/economic-sciences/index.html

You want to start the paperwork?? (haha)

Here it is:

The Economic Sciences Prize Committee

The Economic Sciences Prize Committee at the Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences is responsible for the selection of candidates for the Prize in Economic Sciences from the names submitted for consideration by qualified nominators, who have been invited through formal letters.

Link: http://www.nobelprize.org/nomination/economic-sciences/index.html

May need to wait about 15 years for 'the hudl generation' to fully restore out economy to new heights first.

SiouxFootballInsider @SiouxFootball

Jacob Francis, a 6-4 290 lb OL from Liberty, MO has given #UND his verbal commitment. Francis visited campus this weekend.

First team all-state in 6A so he must have talent. Somewhat surprised he had no known offers although Big 10 & Big 12 teams were looking at him.

Didn't look bad. Some major flexibility issues though.... Those need to be fixed his rs year. Stiff hips and heavy feet, must be a guard.

Also holy !@#$ his OL was huge for a hs team.

I wouldn't necessarily say he has heavy feet or flexibility issues. He pulled on darn near every play and still always found a way to front the defender. I'd say given his size he moves pretty well. He had PWO interest from Kansas and Missouri, so that's fairly significant. I agree that he does project as a guard though.

I wouldn't necessarily say he has heavy feet or flexibility issues. He pulled on darn near every play and still always found a way to front the defender. I'd say given his size he moves pretty well. He had PWO interest from Kansas and Missouri, so that's fairly significant. I agree that he does project as a guard though.

To get down into his stance he needs to arch the lumbar portion of his spine. That's a sign of hip stiffness. If he fixes that he'll be able to plow people without having to lean too far forward and possibly get swam. Being able to sink the hips is essential for every position in every sport.

To get down into his stance he needs to arch the lumbar portion of his spine. That's a sign of hip stiffness. If he fixes that he'll be able to plow people without having to lean too far forward and possibly get swam. Being able to sink the hips is essential for every position in every sport.

I don't see that as being a major issue of his. Stance techniques will be addressed in fall camp and be an easy fix.

I must admit that I was not a fan of our "outsiders need not apply" hiring process. Having said that, it looks so far like Bubba is exactly what this program needs. He has fired up the fan base in short order with his work ethic and entheusiasm. He has recruited his butt off. The attitude he brings to the program is amazing. For the first time in a long time I can't wait for the season to start. Nice job Bubba.

I wonder if the Flemming offer could be based on Blake Weber's visit. I could see both those guys playing outside.

Either way it's nice to know that a player who was obviously good enough to play here had to be turned away because we ran out of room at his position. That wasn't the case even 3 years ago.

I don't see that as being a major issue of his. Stance techniques will be addressed in fall camp and be an easy fix.

By far my favorite thing about him on film is his build. He's nice a lean. We've had a few too many guys with less than desirable body densities on our OL. Aka fat weak and slow.