SiouxSports.com Forum

2014 Recruiting

UND Fan

Chris Carter definitely looks the part, saw him at the bball game. Kid is a dude on film as well. Hope to see him sign & pencil him in as a starting CB the next 4 years.

Also, nice to see Ezra Szczyrbak wearing a Sioux hat at the game. ;)

Wonder how both of these guys enjoyed their weekend?

According to a comment from the most recent SFI blog entry, Blake Weber is visiting UND this weekend, also. Not sure if that's been reported earlier in this thread or not.

He can definitely play some football! Probably would play linebacker. Would love to see him in green!

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/597372/highlights/103884375?autoplay=1

Go Sioux!

Maybe I'm naive about the scholarship situation but with the number of defections and the late start to recruiting I wouldn't think it wise to be turning away solid football players who want to play here regardless of position.

We don't know what the coaches big board looks like though. We don't know how many spots at each position they need. Maybe they'll end up not having enough room for a really good player who really wants to come here. To me that's a good thing. It should be like that every year. It means we're going in the right direction.

Maybe I'm naive about the scholarship situation but with the number of defections and the late start to recruiting I wouldn't think it wise to be turning away solid football players who want to play here regardless of position.

Let's say there are 25 scholarships to be awarded before signing day (Feb. 5th), and we already have 12 verbal commitments; that would put us at 13 available spots and plenty of student-athletes out there vying for those spots. It is important the coaches evaluate this carefully, and that is what they are doing. The team still needs a couple RBs, offensive linemen, a nose tackle, middle linebacker and DBs in this class - so you just don't hand out scholarships like they're candy. I can assure you they aren't turning away players but rather they are simply weighing the options. Be patient; by Feb. 5 nearly everyone will be impressed with this class. This staff that Bubba has compiled has been very impressive thus far.

Remember that DE from last year that nobody had heard of and only had D2 interest. Then boom NIU swoops in and all of a sudden he's a 2 star recruit that everyone wants.

Good point. It seems like a lot of the players that we get out of Illinois are very under the radar type recruits.

Just looked at Fleming's twitter... Said Schmidt was gonna call him this morning & let him know if UND can offer or not. With Dranka recently committing not sure if that offer came or will come. Just my observation from looking at his twitter. Also, we do have 2 DE commits now w/ Greeley & Dranka, as well as Dylan Harmston & possibly Hudson Walton at OLB.

Do you think the staff had made up there minds before this weekend about him or is it if we don't get Ezra he's get offered?

Looks like Jordahl will accept the PWO from U of MN...

Dom Izzo@DomIzzoWDAY 44m

Perham standout RB Payton Jordahl(@paydayy25) has verbally committed to play football at Minnesota as a long snapper per his dad+ coach,Mike

Dom Izzo@DomIzzoWDAY 19m

Jordahl had offers from #UND, #USD and #NDSU, #Gophers long-snapper just graduated, possibility could play right away #MNScores

DE Dranka is an athletic defensive play-maker that can get after the QB from the DE spot - something that the defense has been missing in recent years. Bubba prides himself on those "attack" type players! At 235 lbs, I think he can stay at DE if he bulks up to around 250 lbs. Great addition to a steadily improving defense!

Go Sioux!

I think with explosive DEs with 250-type size along with a larger/quicker Sam/Will LBs can wreak havoc for any offensive backfield. There is no doubt that we are getting bigger with the 2013/2014 recruiting classes on Defense. Our LB core and secondary are filling up with many 6'+ players weighing closer to 220-230+ with long arms and quick feet. Don't discount football acumen. I can attest that many of the players we are talking about are smart players. Being in the right place at the right time is as important as size!!

Getting Ezra to flip from NDSU would be a huge coup for Bubba and the staff. I'm envisioning the Bisonville meltdown and it is beautiful.

When you have won 3 straight National Championships, you don't meltdown. You find another player. Besides do you really care what Bisonville thinks. You make us all look like douche bags.