18. Illinois State

19. Maine

20. Eastern Kentucky

21. Central Arkansas

22. Indiana State

23. Liberty

24. Murray State

25. Stephen F. Austin

Others receiving votes: Bethune-Cookman, Harvard, Chattanooga, Grambling State, Norfolk State, Southern Illinois, Villanova, Jacksonville State.

It is funny, though, that UND (even after the UND-NDSU confusion was presumably ironed out among voters :silly: ) was being ranked in the low 20s in the poll. And now, with a stronger team -- at least on paper-- UND has fallen off the radar. Lends credence to the theory that these poll mean nothing in the pre-season.

• Upvote 1

It is funny, though, that UND (even after the UND-NDSU confusion was presumably ironed out among voters :silly: ) was being ranked in the low 20s in the poll. And now, with a stronger team -- at least on paper-- UND has fallen off the radar. Lends credence to the theory that these poll mean nothing in the pre-season.

I tend to think they are fun to read when you're doing your morning reading.

For those of you that played, here's a question. When a poll comes out, and your team is ranked #6 instead of #4. Does that mean something to you? Not really. It's pre season and a lot of ranked teams have to play each other.

Now, if your team receives ZERO votes, coming off a conference championship, you think that has no meaning? Hell yes that means something to me. It means a helluvalot of voters don't think much of my team. By extension they don't think much of me, or my achievement from last year. It means I want to remedy that by shoving a football down the throat of every opponent, and voter.

Maybe I'm alone in that thinking. I don't know.

For those of you that played, here's a question. When a poll comes out, and your team is ranked #6 instead of #4. Does that mean something to you? Not really. It's pre season and a lot of ranked teams have to play each other.

Now, if your team receives ZERO votes, coming off a conference championship, you think that has no meaning? Hell yes that means something to me. It means a helluvalot of voters don't think much of my team. By extension they don't think much of me, or my achievement from last year. It means I want to remedy that by shoving a football down the throat of every opponent, and voter.

Maybe I'm alone in that thinking. I don't know.

Seems like alot of polls and many of them just have rubes voting. Couldn't even tell you which ones are "legitimate".Finish up September 4-1 and the votes will be there.

Cal Poly will definately be a playoff team this season.................

I picked them to battle MSU for the conference title. CP's conference schedule doesn't have any Montana's on it. Although they do have to come to Grand Forks. ;)