SiouxSports.com Forum

New Trophy for UND/NDSU Football Games

geaux_sioux

It's too fun to have a ridiculous trophy like a 75lb nickle to have bragging rights over so we should brainstorm and figure out a possibility. The B1G has a bunch of weird ones like Paul Bunyan's Axe and a Bucket of Nails so anything is fair game really. And 'no trophy should be played for' isn't an answer here.

It's too fun to have a ridiculous trophy like a 75lb nickle to have bragging rights over so we should brainstorm and figure out a possibility. The B1G has a bunch of weird ones like Paul Bunyan's Axe and a Bucket of Nails so anything is fair game really. And 'no trophy should be played for' isn't an answer here.

Yeah, I really liked the nickel trophy. It was a pretty cool idea. Assuming NDSU/UND start playing again...and yes, anything is fair game considering the idiots over in the B1G.

Maybe a large metal object shaped like North Dakota. And whoever wins gets a small school logo stamped on it. It would keep track of who has won the games too. it'd end up looking a bit like an Ohio St. helmet after 100 years but thats ok.

I highly doubt this will ever be created for many reasons - 1. it's not going to be the rivalry it once was, 2. UND will have no nickname for a few years, 3. if you don't play every year what's the point.

That being said, inflation requires that it now be a giant $100 bill - with

A tractor on one side, an airplane on the other (symbolizing aviation)

A barn on one side, a stethescope on the other (symbolizing medical school)

A cow on one side, the Lady of Justice on the other (symbolizing the law school)

• Upvote 3

I highly doubt this will ever be created for many reasons - 1. it's not going to be the rivalry it once was, 2. UND will have no nickname for a few years, 3. if you don't play every year what's the point.

That being said, inflation requires that it now be a giant $100 bill - with

A tractor on one side, an airplane on the other (symbolizing aviation)

A barn on one side, a stethescope on the other (symbolizing medical school)

A cow on one side, the Lady of Justice on the other (symbolizing the law school)

I understand that this was meant as a slam. I see you forgot the Pharmacy kids, and the engineers at NDSU as well. But regardless, that is a dumb idea anyway. Airplanes, stethescopes, cows, tractors, barns, and women have nothing to do with the game.

How about they play for a 3 million dollar state donation to the athletic dept of the winning school and the losing school gets an oversized paper weight. There would be a pile of cash on the sideline just letting the players know whats at stake.

.....So NDSU will be FBS by 2020? ;)

I understand that this was meant as a slam. I see you forgot the Pharmacy kids, and the engineers at NDSU as well. But regardless, that is a dumb idea anyway. Airplanes, stethescopes, cows, tractors, barns, and women have nothing to do with the game.

I agree that idea deserves a big ol' facepalm.

According to Lakes NDSU will be FBS by next week.

"If a slam falls in a UND forest will an su troll hear it?" Again there probabaly won't be a new trophy for awhile and I would say it should not happen until/unless the game is played every year. I am on the side that it should be retired and displayed in Bismarck at the State Museum - however there is the chance students would try to steal it as history has shown.