SiouxSports.com Forum

Nice fan

WPoS

"fans" like this child are the reason UND fans have a bad name in Mpls...odd, about 90% of its posts are on this thread slamming the Gophers, and me...they need to get over their issues with opponents and other quality programs vying for headlines...I won't even argue which program is more succesful, if it knew what it was talking about, it would know the Sioux and Gophers are pretty much neck-n-neck in most repescts of "succes". :silly:

Forecheck, I can aska round to see if anyone is interested...but I doubt it...POI hockey has been prett empty lately. :blush::love:

WPoS

Neck and neck? IF you gauge the success of a college hockey program on National Championships....I count 7 for UND....hmm....where does that leave the Gophers now? Certainly pulling up a little shy.

One could make the argument that Michigan is the most successful college hockey program of all time and I would certainly agree with that.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Neck and neck? IF you gauge the success of a college hockey program on National Championships....I count 7 for UND....hmm....where does that leave the Gophers now? Certainly pulling up a little shy.

One could make the argument that Michigan is the most successful college hockey program of all time and I would certainly agree with that.

you forget the Gophers have 7 National titles also. Two national titles before the NCAA was formed. Last time I checked 7=7.

WPoS

you forget the Gophers have 7 National titles also. Two national titles before the NCAA was formed. Last time I checked 7=7.

WPoS

THAT is lame. What were there, 4 or 5 club teams? I agree with you that there are other ways to measure success other than national championships and you could make the argument that Minnesota has been as successful as UND based on NCAA appearances and other measures, but to argue that Minnesota has as many championships is disingenuous and a very weak argument. You are a smart guy WPoS, I would think that you could make a better argument. :silly:

I do not consider Michigan as having a better program than the Sioux just because they have 9 championships and the Sioux have 7. Michigan earned most of their titles before were as many D1 programs, and the Sioux have won 5 since 1979.

THAT is lame. What were there, 4 or 5 club teams? I agree with you that there are other ways to measure success other than national championships and you could make the argument that Minnesota has been as successful as UND based on NCAA appearances and other measures, but to argue that Minnesota has as many championships is disingenuous and a very weak argument. You are a smart guy WPoS, I would think that you could make a better argument. :silly:

I do not consider Michigan as having a better program than the Sioux just because they have 9 championships and the Sioux have 7. Michigan earned most of their titles before were as many D1 programs, and the Sioux have won 5 since 1979.

Nothing wrong with disagreeing on this subject. True the Sioux have a bunch since 1979 but the point was made "of all time". Sorry in my book appearances are worthless - just ask the Buffalo Bills.

WPoS

From NCAA.COM

Minnesota

Breakdown by Sport:

men's ice hockey: 5

North Dakota

Breakdown by Sport:

men's ice hockey: 7

Any questions BUD?! Now get off your your little soap box and shut the hell up!

Like I said, not going to get pulled into the argument of which program is greater/better. Both have had their share of succes and failures. Like the tides programs ebb and flow. I would not argue with anyone that UND has one of the top programs in the nation. Just like no one can really argue that both UM schools are also cream of the crop. I just like to think my team is a little better than everyone else's just like you like to think UND is better...it is called being a fan of a team. Also why I like the rivalry between the teams, we both think we are the best. But I still prefer the old Canuck goon squads you guys used to field vs. the more polished program you have now.

WPoS

Like I said, not going to get pulled into the argument of which program is greater/better. Both have had their share of succes and failures. Like the tides programs ebb and flow. I would not argue with anyone that UND has one of the top programs in the nation. Just like no one can really argue that both UM schools are also cream of the crop. I just like to think my team is a little better than everyone else's just like you like to think UND is better...it is called being a fan of a team. Also why I like the rivalry between the teams, we both think we are the best. But I still prefer the old Canuck goon squads you guys used to field vs. the more polished program you have now.

WPoS

Yeah I liked your Woog Era team's much better than your Non-Minnesota roster of current times.

Yeah I liked your Woog Era team's much better than your Non-Minnesota roster of current times.

I hate to go out on a limb and make this prediction (because I know I will get bashed for in from a few) but I will anyway....

Fighting Sioux hockey WILL become comparable to the storied history and success of the New York Yankees organization...

No, sir. I want no part in the Sioux being labelled the Yankees or the Lakers of college hockey. If we want to be labelled anything, I'd enjoy being labelled the Canadiens or the Red Wings of college hockey.

I'd rather they be considered the Fighting Sioux of the NHL.

:silly:

Actually, one of the things I like about college hockey is how there isn't ONE program that totally reigns over the other programs. There is U of Michigan 9 national championships, North Dakota-7 , Minnesota - 5 , Wisconsin -5, Denver U - 5, then (I can't remember how many) Boston U, Boston College, Maine, Michigan State, etc.... It seems like that any year one of these program ends up winning. But never the same one over and over and over. That would be boring. (So do us a favor goofs, lose this year! :silly: )

I think the Sioux will win their share, along with the others in the years to come. That makes it much more fun than watching one program constantly winning.