SiouxSports.com Forum

Nice fan

WPoS

That was a set-up. It was Saturday Goldy shooting at Friday Goldy dressed as a Badger fan. One of the Goldy's was the son of on of my dad's coworkers.

Are you sure? I was told there was legal action being taken against Goldy for that. This was an incident during the 96-97 season that I am referring to. It seems so recent, but looking at the year I guess it was a long time ago. I'm getting so old. ;)

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has Goldy himself every been tossed over the glass and on to the ice?

Now that would be something to talk about

I've been in 2 scraps with Goldy, both at Final Five action over the years.

The last was at Target Center back in about 1999 or so. Goldy came up in the Suite we were in so we were "going at it". I picked him up and walked over to the edge. Poor guy thought I was going to toss him over so grabbed on to me real tight. Put my glasses slightly out of alignment but other than that no damage.

Closest thing I've seen to him going over the glass though. ;)

Are you sure? I was told there was legal action being taken against Goldy for that. This was an incident during the 96-97 season that I am referring to. It seems so recent, but looking at the year I guess it was a long time ago. I'm getting so old. ;)

Yes - at least 85% sure. Urban legand probably.

At the time I was POed, it seemed and was a stupid thing to do; even if it was a set-up. My dad called me from work when he found out and I guess there were a lot of complaints to the MN athletic department. After 5-6 beers it probably seemed funnier than hell. :D

Yes - at least 85% sure. Urban legand probably.

At the time I was POed, it seemed and was a stupid thing to do; even if it was a set-up. My dad called me from work when he found out and I guess there were a lot of complaints to the MN athletic department. After 5-6 beers it probably seemed funnier than hell. ;)

I was actually able to see it and I thought it was very funny, and I had not been drinking. I think it is just people complaining about everything. Now if it was real and the person got hurt, I would understand being upset. My question is, should anything related to hockey be classy? I think the whole rivarly thing is fun and the addition of class, such as businesses getting seats, leads to empty seats and boring fans.

ok, I am not going to try and defend my post about this here...I have asked this thread be removed a couple times now and will ask a third...ADMIN?!?!? Are you keeping this up just give these mis-guided guys a target? ;):D

Sorry for bringing it up....

WPoS

hey Wpus...

Stick to your spelling lessons after a Gopher goal (or lack thereof this season) - And lay off the UND fan that had the balls to defend himself at that dump called Mariucci.

Another thing...

That M-I-N-N etc. cheer you perform hands down has got to be the most gay fan chant in the history of organized college sports. Reminds me of being back in kindergarten when the ABC's were being taught we used to do something like that. Shows the mentality level of the fans I presume.

hey Wpus...

Stick to your spelling lessons after a Gopher goal (or lack thereof this season) - And lay off the UND fan that had the balls to defend himself at that dump called Mariucci.

Another thing...

That M-I-N-N etc. cheer you perform hands down has got to be the most gay fan chant in the history of organized college sports. Reminds me of being back in kindergarten when the ABC's were being taught we used to do something like that. Shows the mentality level of the fans I presume.

Come on now, I don't think that was called for at all. WPoS, as I said in my earlier post, it is fine that you brought it up, the problem was how you did it. I believe this is a valid thread, but people should stop with the attacks on you.

hey Wpus...

Another thing...

nice post ;) now who is being the child?

WPoS

I'm surprised that UND fan didn't throw Goldy out on the ice - he let him off easy just tossing his glove. Find out who it was - I want to buy that guy a round up in the Coaches Club at the REA this weekend.

Mascots are cheesy....cheesy ...cheesy....

Toughen up..What do you expect.....Read the top of the forum? I think I read SIOUX SPORTS.....;)?:D

WPOs,

Having never thrown anything on the ice, not even a hat (don't see any reason to throw away a perfectly good hat), I'll say that I don't agree with a fan throwing things on the ice, whether it's a Sioux fan or a Gopher fan in Sioux disguise.

I don't understand, however, why you felt the need to post it here. Does this fan's actions support your notion of the average Sioux fan? What did you expect to get by posting it here?

Judging from other's posts, it appears that Goldy likes to get in opponent's fans' faces. He may need to be reigned in a bit. Sounds like the fan got what he deserved, that is being removed from the arena.

There is a delete button on each of your posts, if you'd like out of here. Unfortunately, it's not on the post that starts a thread, so you have to think a bit before starting one. ;)

WPOs,

Having never thrown anything on the ice, not even a hat (don't see any reason to throw away a perfectly good hat), I'll say that I don't agree with a fan throwing things on the ice, whether it's a Sioux fan or a Gopher fan in Sioux disguise.

I don't understand, however, why you felt the need to post it here. Does this fan's actions support your notion of the average Sioux fan? What did you expect to get by posting it here?

Judging from other's posts, it appears that Goldy likes to get in opponent's fans' faces. He may need to be reigned in a bit. Sounds like the fan got what he deserved, that is being removed from the arena.

There is a delete button on each of your posts, if you'd like out of here. Unfortunately, it's not on the post that starts a thread, so you have to think a bit before starting one. ;)

yah, like I said, I am not going to try and defend my original post. Could I have siad things better? Maybe, but dang it, it was early morning and I had yet to open my morning Mt. Dew.

Maybe I should have said something like:

Was at a game last night, some other team's fan threw something on the ice he took from the home team's mascot. It happened during a injury TO, and I think the the guy is a yutz and got what he deserve when he was removed from the areana. So what does everyone think of people throwing things on the ice?

That would have been a bit better than what I did originally. I was sorta tongue in cheeking ( I think, mornings are fuzzy) you guys, but it kinda went BOOM instead. Again no offense to MOST of you guys here...you guys seem ok for UND fans :D

Thanks for the "delete" button, I never noticed it before...used to having to live and die by the post! Looks like I am getting the "die" part right now...

WPoS

Whoops

Maybe I shouldn't have responded to your message, it might have died.

Maybe you had too many beerdarts last night, that's why you didn't see what happened to the poor knee guy.

Without even seeing the game I bet it was that cheap shot artist Ballard.

How close was I in my guess?

I think you could have said it like this and I would have agreed with you and found good discussion in it. I will put in italics what you could change to your new suggestion.

Was at the game last night, a Sioux Fan threw something on the ice he took from Goldy. It happened during a injury TO but Goldy started it during the gameplay. The guy should have known he would have to put up with crap for wearing a Sioux jersey in the student section, but I don't know about being taunted during gameplay. I think the the guy is a yutz and got what he deserve when he was removed from the areana. So what does everyone think of people throwing things on the ice? What do people think about taunting other fans during gameplay and injuries? I hope some smarter Sioux fans come in January.

I'm surprised that UND fan didn't throw Goldy out on the ice - he let him off easy just tossing his glove. Find out who it was - I want to buy that guy a round up in the Coaches Club at the REA this weekend.

Mascots are cheesy....cheesy ...cheesy....

Toughen up..What do you expect.....Read the top of the forum? I think I read SIOUX SPORTS.....;)?:D

What does your hatred towards Goldy and mascots have to do with WPos? As far as the forum, it is not an exclusive club where you have to like the Sioux. This forum would suck if everyone had the same opinion. I wish more people supporting other teams would come here with quality discussion.

Fedorov,

I am sure there will be plenty of good Sioux fans down here in January. In fact last year I had a good time talking to 4-5 of them at Sally's after the game.

Moneyline,

no only one pint before the game last night, and why I didn't see the hit is irrelevent...if you can tell me you see EVERYTHING at EVERY game, pick me some lottery numbers. For all I know the guy fell down and hit his knee on the ice, heck, one of their guys almost bit it going into the penalty box...

WPoS

WPOS -

Can't say I can defend the "sioux" fan or not, as I didn't see the whole taunting event. But I can see where this could cut both ways. Goldy was harrassing the fan (and yes, by sitting in the opponents section you are REQUIRED to be harrassed). But did he see the injury and purposly throw the hand or was it more of a grab-throw impulse reaction?

In either case, I guess we will never know. But you got to admit it would be funny to see someone toss Goldy onto the ice.

BTW, are we planning a Sioux vs. POI game for the weekend series in the cities???

------

Greyeagle, it is amazing, how much you have "said" during this tread using so few words. ;)

Example:

Non-factor IMO.

Oxymoron?

Do you know why Gopher fans are disliked?

a.) They can't act like they have been there before (see Rioting!)

b.) Absolutely classless (I guess I have had the misfortune of being seating next to some bad Gopher fans)

c.) They show no respect for arguably the greatest program/tradition in college hockey - UND. (That doesn't mean you have to like them - just respect the accomplishments).

I won't even mention Goldy or that gay cheer...

Well, I hope this incident doesn't further damage the already strained relationship between Latvia and North Dakota. Thank god that security at the "John" took care of this North Dakota fan.

Or........was he a plant by our furry rodent friends attempting to throw North Dakota and Latvia to the brink of WAR! :D I say this is actually an attempt by the U of M to distract our hockey team and our fans! I say they are attempting to undermine UND's latest drive to a national championship! ;)

Well, it won't work. I say we use this as a rallying cry on January 23-24 to put an end to the goof's hopes to returning to the NCAA tourney! ;)

Okay, that was a little wierd........