SiouxSports.com Forum

2012 WCHA Final Five Hoggsbreath Brunch

MafiaMan

Brunch Head Count  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Would you prefer to meet at...

• ...11 am on Friday, March 16th?
    • ...11 am on Saturday, March 17th?

We had a great crowd at last year's Final Five brunch at the Hoggsbreath and I'm throwing out two options this year to see if we can boost the numbers. I'll finalize the numbers by mid next-week and let the folks on Rice Street know that Sioux fans are back in town...

Friday would be better because I plan on going to the Wild Game.

I think I'll just close the poll now if it means an opportunity to meet Goon on Friday. :lol:

I'd like to lean that way myself...we'll see how it plays out. The Hogg can accomodate either day. NorthDakotaHockey and I thought a Friday gig this year might boost attendance a bit. We had somewhere around 20-25 people at last year's event.

It's looking good for me to attend the brunch again this year - will try to bring others as well. Is it okay for me to bring some Once a Sioux, Always a Sioux shirts and Decals in case some want them? (By the way - I'm on board with the need to move on from the name, I'm also passionate about the need to preserve the history and spirit of the name and not allow it to be scrubbed from our history.)

• Upvote 1

It's looking good for me to attend the brunch again this year - will try to bring others as well. Is it okay for me to bring some Once a Sioux, Always a Sioux shirts and Decals in case some want them? (By the way - I'm on board with the need to move on from the name, I'm also passionate about the need to preserve the history and spirit of the name and not allow it to be scrubbed from our history.)

I am on boards as well, but I will always buy and wear Fighting Sioux apparel. I want to get a tattoo of the Sioux warrior on my calf as well.

Friday would probably be better with Fighting Sioux Day being celebrated Saturday in downtown St Paul. Most people will be be dressed in green for the celebration. I would also like to meet the "infamous" Goon.

In my opinion, I don't think that I am infamous, I am certainly not evil. Although, one of my female friends did call me diabolical.

adjective

1. having an extremely bad reputation: an infamous city.

2. deserving of or causing an evil reputation; shamefully malign; detestable: an infamous.

Edited by Goon

Of course it's OK to bring those!

In my opinion, I don't think that I am infamous, I am certainly not evil. Although, one of my female friends did call me diabolical.

adjective

1. having an extremely bad reputation: an infamous city.

2. deserving of or causing an evil reputation; shamefully malign; detestable: an infamous.

I was thinking more along the lines of THIS... cue the scene from "The Three Amigos" movie...

Lucky Day: Reading telegram: "Three Amigos, Hollywood, California. You are very great. 100,000 pesos. Come to Santa Poco put on show, stop. The In-famous El Guapo."

Dusty Bottoms: What does that mean, in-famous?

Ned Nederlander: Oh, Dusty. In-famous is when you're MORE than famous. This man El Guapo, he's not just famous, he's IN-famous.

Lucky Day: 100,000 pesos to perform with this El Guapo, who's probably the biggest actor to come out of Mexico!

Dusty Bottoms: Wow, in-famous? In-famous?

That's Goon...he's so famous, he's IN-FAMOUS!

• Upvote 1

OK, the WCHA Final Five schedule has been hammered out and I think the best route this year is to go with Friday the 16th at 11:00 am. You would have no problem leaving the bar/restaurant as late as 1:00 pm and make it in plenty of time to be in your seat at the X for the 2:00 pm semi-final game.

The Hoggsbreath is located at 2504 Rice Street in Little Canada. There will be a sign on the marquee out front welcoming Sioux fans. Please post here the # in your party so I can give Tom and Jossie a guess-timate of the # of people by Wednesday evening so they can be prepared.

Thank you!

OK, the WCHA Final Five schedule has been hammered out and I think the best route this year is to go with Friday the 16th at 11:00 am. You would have no problem leaving the bar/restaurant as late as 1:00 pm and make it in plenty of time to be in your seat at the X for the 2:00 pm semi-final game.

The Hoggsbreath is located at 2504 Rice Street in Little Canada. There will be a sign on the marquee out front welcoming Sioux fans. Please post here the # in your party so I can give Tom and Jossie a guess-timate of the # of people by Wednesday evening so they can be prepared.

Thank you!

Count us as two.

Thank you!

10-12 here. Have them mildly stock up on some Friday fixings for the Lenten folks . . . .

10-12 here. Have them mildly stock up on some Friday fixings for the Lenten folks . . . .

I'm a good Catholic boy myself, NDH...cue the eggs and French toast, please. :) I'll make sure Tom and Jossie get the heads-up on the Catholics who will be in attendance.

I will also make sure that the "Welcome Sioux fans" is on the north AND south side of the sign so people know where they're headed when they're coming up north on Rice Street.

I was thinking more along the lines of THIS... cue the scene from "The Three Amigos" movie...

Lucky Day: Reading telegram: "Three Amigos, Hollywood, California. You are very great. 100,000 pesos. Come to Santa Poco put on show, stop. The In-famous El Guapo."

Dusty Bottoms: What does that mean, in-famous?

Ned Nederlander: Oh, Dusty. In-famous is when you're MORE than famous. This man El Guapo, he's not just famous, he's IN-famous.

Lucky Day: 100,000 pesos to perform with this El Guapo, who's probably the biggest actor to come out of Mexico!

Dusty Bottoms: Wow, in-famous? In-famous?

That's Goon...he's so famous, he's IN-FAMOUS!

Thanks Mafia Man, you know the above is what I was talking about! :lol:

I will be out of bed! But I have to work at 11:45. I'm only going to one of the games, the Thursday early game. I do need to see you though.

Well heck if Donna is going I might have to pull my butt out of bed as well.

Well heck if Donna is going I might have to pull my butt out of bed as well.

Goon, if you bail on Friday's brunch and give me another lame excuse this year as to why you couldn't make it, well, to use a quote from my ancestors, you're dead to me.

This will be the first time in about 5yrs that I won't be able to make it down to the final five. The inlaws are coming this weekend and couldn't change their travel plans so we are stuck. I hope that those sioux fans that are going will have a great time and witness the 3peat.