SiouxSports.com Forum

UND vs. Grand Valley St.

UND92,96

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i emailed espn and supriseingly got a quick response. it took them 5 horus on a saturday

they said they were gonna try and have the officials at alabama postpo e the game for a little bit so we wont miss that much of it

My bro is the TV official and he just called me and said that they are going to try and wait a few minutes. Kickoff is not until 3:08 anyway.

My dad just told me that ESPN didn't cut away in GF. Funny, but they are taking a TV timeout at the game. IT'S NOT ON TV!!!!! :lol:

That means they are planning to go right to it after the timeout. It may be a long one for the players.

Yeah, ESPN screwed the fans over. For people who lived in Allendale, the title game was cut into right at 4, but for those of us who live in the Grand Rapids area they stuck with the stupid basketball game until the end. Anyway, heres a story about it. I think ESPN owes the people of North Dakota and West Michigan free magazine supscriptions or something.

http://www.mlive.com/lakers/grpress/index....00801153160.xml

Yeah, ESPN screwed the fans over. For people who lived in Allendale, the title game was cut into right at 4, but for those of us who live in the Grand Rapids area they stuck with the stupid basketball game until the end. Anyway, heres a story about it. I think ESPN owes the people of North Dakota and West Michigan free magazine supscriptions or something.

http://www.mlive.com/lakers/grpress/index....00801153160.xml

That article makes it sound like the switch in ND and western Mich. didn't take place. It did come on for the kickoff in western ND, which is nowhere near GF?

It was strange. I was watching the basketball game and about 3 p.m. they said that viewers in the Allendale and Grand Forks areas should stand by while they switched to the kickoff for the Division II championship game. There was a long pause and nothing happened. The basketball game stayed on. :lol:

That article makes it sound like the switch in ND and western Mich. didn't take place. It did come on for the kickoff in western ND, which is nowhere near GF?

ESPN switched to the football game in western ND? Now I'm even more upset that those of us in GF didn't get to see most of the first quarter.

Why is anyone surprised at all about what happened on ESPN? Don't you get it? They don't care! I couldn't believe they picked up coverage of the game at all! They did it in 2001. Don't know if they did it last year. They did it this year. And they'll do it next year. They only picked up coverage because it was a national championship game. They wanted to have the corner on that market since they couldn't get the Super Bowl (doesn't ABC have the Super Bowl, Fox has the World Series?) If they actually cared, there would not be any of this and the shock and disappointment would be truly warranted.

I say feel good you got any of the game to watch on ESPN. Those losers are typical idiots.