SiouxSports.com Forum

UND vs. Grand Valley St.

UND92,96

Why is anyone surprised at all about what happened on ESPN? Don't you get it? They don't care! I couldn't believe they picked up coverage of the game at all! They did it in 2001. Don't know if they did it last year. They did it this year. And they'll do it next year. They only picked up coverage because it was a national championship game. They wanted to have the corner on that market since they couldn't get the Super Bowl (doesn't ABC have the Super Bowl, Fox has the World Series?) If they actually cared, there would not be any of this and the shock and disappointment would be truly warranted.

I say feel good you got any of the game to watch on ESPN. Those losers are typical idiots.

When listening to the game you can really tell the announcers don't want to be there... that's too bad... as far as the game i think lueck could have made a big difference look what he did against SU and made a big difference in the UNA game in the few minutes he played.. it seemed like a typical UND game this year -lot of defense.. offense a bit inconsistent but this time they lacked a big play. the irony is that the fumble return by GVSU (did that guy look slow or what.. a little db getting caught by a fb) was the type of play UND seemed to make all year.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another reason to bail from D2....no respect at all from the national media. Glad we will be D1!

I don't think the respect from the networks or the public at large is much if any better for I-AA football. Most people lump anything other than major college football, i.e. anything other than the BCS, as "small college" or some other not-so-complimentary name.

To the national media and fans, there are only two types of football: BCS and Non-BCS. To them 1-AA is as important as NAIA except that 1-AA generally has bigger enrollments and you've heard of some of their teams because of basketball.

ESPN carries the 1-AA and D2 title games ONLY because they are contractually obligated to as part of the package with the NCAA.

Right....keep telling yourself that!

Wyobisonman's thoughts next year:

Chris Fowler, Curt Herbstreet, and "the Coach" Lee Corso live from the Fargo dome parking lot for NDSU vs MSU-Mankato. What a great matchup we got. A winless NCC team in MSU-Mankato? I thought we were moving up and done with the NCC and D2? Oh well, at least College GameDay is here, at lest we will be on the BottomLine. God, IAA football is the best. I can't wait until SDSU comes to the dome next week, they are always a good football team. They had he fewest playoff football appearances in the NCC at 1? Their last time in the playoffs was in the Carter administration and are usually a .500 D2 team? Oh well, they're IAA and IAA football is where all the money is and the media flocks to. Our Men's basketball team should do well, too, we have a great tradition and are coming off a fine season. Now pass the Kool-Aid and cereal, we can't drink in the Fargodome parking lot.