SiouxSports.com Forum

UND vs. Grand Valley St.

UND92,96

I think our defense has been playing a lot better. Rushing teams just seem to have a hard time rushing against us. If it's wet out, then all the better. As for us rushing, I don't think we'll do as well as we did against UNA (keep in mind that UNA had a 'great' run defense), but I expect us to be able to sustain some drives.

Again if it is wet, both teams will struggle in the passing game. I look for a low scoring affair. Around ten points for each team. Haven't decided who'll win.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As for the game, if your defense is fast, look forward to alot of holding from the GVSU o-line. True, GVSU got flagged quite a few times for holding, but they got away with quite a few more. Their QB is not that impressive of a passer, but he can scramble mainly between the tackles. Their RB is hard to bring down if you don't wrap him, he'll slip out of a tackle when you think you have them.

Their d-line is fast and why our coaching staff didn't balance out early, I don't know. They can move east to west on the field as well as bring on the pressure in passing situations. Their secondary has given up yards, so if you have a decent passing attack, I hope your staff uses it.

Go UND!

GVSU 24

UND 7

GO LAKERS!!!!

It surprises me how many people who haven't seen UND play, i.e. the guy who writes the east region column for d2football.com, are picking Grand Valley to win handily. UND may not win, but I am extremely confident that the Sioux will not be blown out. I see no reason to expect a blow-out either way. UND has been underestimated for much of the year, but they just find a way to win.

UND is underrated for sure. Pitt. State came into UND highly touted. They fell.

Winnona was not as respected as they should have been. A lobsidedly senior team with talent. They fell.

UNA was a hell of a good team! They fell.

I hope Grand Valley State goes into the game thinking it won't be the fight of their lives. Because if they do, they fall!

It surprises me how many people who haven't seen UND play, i.e. the guy who writes the east region column for d2football.com, are picking Grand Valley to win handily.  UND may not win, but I am extremely confident that the Sioux will not be blown out.  I see no reason to expect a blow-out either way.  UND has been underestimated for much of the year, but they just find a way to win.

I agree with you, about not seeing your team play. I guess I am posting a score I hope for, not really one that I'm predicting will happen. I can't really predict how well you will play when I've never seen one of your games. I'm also basing my opinion on how our game went last week against TAMUK.

I can hope for a blow out, but we wouldn't be playing you guys for the national champs if you allowed a blow out- so I highly doubt there will be a blow out either way. It should be a good game.

Good luck!! :lol:

BASKETBALL IS THE MOST STUPID SPORT IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD. WHEN GOD CREATED THE WORLD HE SAID NOTHING ABOUT GUYS RUNNING BACK AND FOURTH THROWING A ROUND PUMPKIN INTO A HOOP!!!!!!!!!

Here's my vote for the total destruction of the sport of basketball!!!!!!!

PS: UND 3 GVSU 2 :lol: