SiouxSports.com Forum

UND vs the FBS

darell1976

http://www.gobison.c...&ATCLID=3748982

Release: June 10, 2009

.--North Dakota State University football will play the Kansas Jayhawks at Memorial Field in Lawrence on Sept. 4, 2010, as the Jayhawks announced their non-conference schedule for 2010 today

KU was 5-7 in 2009.... 2008 was their bowl year against....Minnesota.

Hehe, think hard. When did the Jayhawks play their first game of the 2009 season? Was it before or after June 10, 2009?

Sorry,but you just don't buyout a game against a MWC team. That would be a dream conf for ndsu at the fbs level. Getting a game against CSU is a great game, you simply do not buy it out, that is crazy talk and a very stupid move.

Do i want to play OU? Your damn right i do, but not at the expense of thr CSU game. Either you add the game or try to schedule another year.

I certainly have a different opinion than most Griz fans who told me directly on egriz that fbs games don't really matter to them. I say that a schedule w/o an FBS game is an empty and poor schedule. FBS games are not the prize, but they are a helluva lot of fun and a magnet for fan interest. Mn, Wy, IASt. and Ks have been electric and these games must continue.

As far as I’m concerned, no argument is necessary within this topic. UND has yet to win a game against an FBS opponent whereas NDSU has made a habit of it. I’m frustrated by UND’s lack of success in that department, especially since UND has played several winnable FBS games the last couple years (Idaho x2, NIU, and Fresno State). Mussman has seemed to have an especially passive demeanor that is passed on to the rest of the team during FBS games, whereas Bohl is just the opposite.. The game against Idaho epitomizes this. UND just gave up in the second half, and Minnesota (who NDSU beat) was probably just as good as Idaho if not better this past season. I guess I just hate arguments within this topic because UND has underperformed horribly against FBS teams, especially compared to those punks down south.

Sorry, its not Bison fans that think UND losses are moral victories. It's people like you.

People like me? Because I applaud an effort where UND didn't get killed 66-0 against Texas Tech there is something wrong with that...but at the same time NDSU fans are proud they went toe to toe with Iowa State.. WOW!!! Those 2 FBS teams are one in the same. :lol:

• Upvote 1

C'mon, a respectable loss to OU would be worth 10 times a victory over CSU for NDSU for national publicity. And do not tell me about how strong the Gophers are in FB. I have lived in the Twin Cities for over 40 years and believe me virtually no one cares here except the folks over 70 and the former players. Again, if you beat a big 12 or big 10 team that is over 50/50 give me a call. Until then be glad you have the FCS championship, it is well deserved, but certainly not worth the arrogant attitude NDSU folks project.

Give me a call once UND wins against an FBS school. The team NDSU lost to 10-9 in Minneapolis, went to a bowl game and lost real close after blowing a HUGE HUGE lead to Texas Tech. Then I have a lot of friends in Minnesota who really like Gopher football, there is a reason that they get 50,000+ at their games. They have fans. Minneapolis is a big city that has gopher fans. Are they a good team right now? No. But you can't blame NDSU for getting them on the schedule.

As far as I’m concerned, no argument is necessary within this topic. UND has yet to win a game against an FBS opponent whereas NDSU has made a habit of it. I’m frustrated by UND’s lack of success in that department, especially since UND has played several winnable FBS games the last couple years (Idaho x2, NIU, and Fresno State). Mussman has seemed to have an especially passive demeanor that is passed on to the rest of the team during FBS games, whereas Bohl is just the opposite.. The game against Idaho epitomizes this. UND just gave up in the second half, and Minnesota (who NDSU beat) was probably just as good as Idaho if not better this past season. I guess I just hate arguments within this topic because UND has underperformed horribly against FBS teams, especially compared to those punks down south.

Minnesota beat both Iowa and Illinois last year. Before you throw them under the bus and put them in Idaho's league, you should acutally have to play them first. The bison played a really solid game to beat Minnesota (one of our best of the year) who was coming off a big win prior to our game. Idaho's league? You've got to be kidding.

I would want UND to play Colorado State. It is a game within the Big Sky footprint andclose to many of our alumni.

Colorado State would be a great game with a good fan turnout. A lot of alumni down here; the Northern Colorado turnout was pretty good so I imagine it would be better for CSU.

People like me? Because I applaud an effort where UND didn't get killed 66-0 against Texas Tech there is something wrong with that...but at the same time NDSU fans are proud they went toe to toe with Iowa State.. WOW!!! Those 2 FBS teams are one in the same. :lol:

Win a game against ANY FBS team and then you won't have to have moral victories, :lol:

Sorry, its not Bison fans that think UND losses are moral victories. It's people like you.

I've honestly never heard a Sioux fan use the term moral victory, Bison fans sure like to throw it around though.

Was the TT game a victory? Absolutely not. But it did give a reason for optimism in our D1 future.

I hate that Bison fans get to hang all their FBS wins over our heads because we don't have one yet. I'll never argue that they're not good wins because all of their FBS wins are better than anything we've done in the transition. The problem I have is that they think because they beat Minnesota Iowa State and Kansas they belong in the Big 10 or 12. I would love to have games like that on the schedule but if we were to beat them we wouldn't suddenly be the greatest thing since sliced bread.

• Upvote 2