SiouxSports.com Forum

Southern Utah Dropping Baseball

GeauxSioux

Southern Utah University to end baseball program

With the move to the Big Sky Conference less than six months away, Southern Utah University was faced with a hard choice for its baseball program.

Since the Big Sky doesn’t sponsor the sport, the school was left scrambling in an attempt to find a new home. On Friday, the results of the search officially came up empty....

...Not only did the move to the Big Sky play a part in the school’s decision, but resources will be redirected to add men’s tennis for the 2012-13 academic year, athletic director Ken Beazer said in a release.

I wonder what UND Athletics thinks of this and if there any similar thoughts going forward.

I have to add the obligatory.... add lacrosse, for Sica.

... resources will be redirected to add men’s tennis for the 2012-13 academic year, athletic director Ken Beazer said in a release.

Isn't UND also adding mens tennis with the move to the Big Sky? How's that progressing?

I have to add the obligatory.... add lacrosse, for Sica.

Adding lacrosse? What an awesome idea. :D

I haven't really been following... what is the current state of UND baseball? Do we have a conference for baseball or will we have a stable one in the near future?

I'd be all sorts of excited to get lacrosse at UND and would support that much more than baseball (I'm not a baseball guy).

I haven't really been following... what is the current state of UND baseball? Do we have a conference for baseball or will we have a stable one in the near future?

I'd be all sorts of excited to get lacrosse at UND and would support that much more than baseball (I'm not a baseball guy).

I agree, I would totally be in favor of dropping baseball for a sport like lacrosse.

• 7 years later...