SiouxSports.com Forum

Gov. Dalrymple

gfhockey

Yeah I understand that he can cheer for the Bison all he wants. Infact im glad he did cause they represented ND well yesterday. But to drag down another university in the process is not very good in my book. Pretty Classless if you ask me.

I hope all of you when you go to the polls when you go to vote, should ask your self if you want a classless governer to represent our state? He got that job handed to him.

We have video of this?

Video found in Sam Houston St thread.

The Gov. starts the "Here we go Bison" chant, which gets the "Sioux Suck" verbage flowing.

And Gene Taylor...what a tool. His huge ego and constant self-rightousness is truly annoying.

the gov did not start the sioux suck chant....he was leading the here we go bison chant and some in the crowd were yelling sioux suck....which im sure has offended lots of people in westhope this morning

It look to me when the bison fans were saying sioux suck he was waving his hand to thebeat of it. Any ND resident should know thats the sioux suck chant from the Bison.

I am willing to believe that the Governor did not realize that rubes add "Sioux suck" on to the back of that chant - how would he know he's not a bison? There is no way a career politician would put themselves in that sitatuion. I'm not interested in politics so I'm not standing up for him - I just gotta believe there is major damage control going on right now within his staff. As has been discussed it is embarrasing to ndsu that a member of their team has 5 seconds of fame and chooses to make a comment on a team he has never played and has no history with - Yah they are so over us. Congratulations little brother.

the gov did not start the sioux suck chant....he was leading the here we go bison chant and some in the crowd were yelling sioux suck....which im sure has offended lots of people in westhope this morning

Sounds like a lot to do about nothing and personally It wouldn't sway me one way or the other "if" he did the cheer... I used to do the Bison Suck Cheer as well when I was at football games, back in the 1990's. If I decide that I am not going to vote for him it will be because of his political standing and views.

Edited by Goon
  • Upvote 2

If you choose not to vote for him, I would do so instead on the lack of leadership after the Sioux nickname had the little extension with the legislation. It was believed that because of his standing with the tribe at Standing Rock he would take some leadership in getting them to allow their people to vote on the issue. Instead, he just left it for the board and did nothing with the last chance at getting them to vote.