SiouxSports.com Forum

NDSU vs. the playoff field

Bisonfan1234

The bottom line is that none of us from NDSU give a s&!t about hockey....It bores the hell out of me.

That's just wonderful. I am pleased as punch to hear that. Have a cookie. That doesn't mean that UND shouldn't be allowed to play DI hockey though.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could care less about UND hockey.....I think you guys kind of whored yourselves to Ralph Englestad....but hey, I am from NDSU so I don't really care.....its your issue, not mine...

Now the whole Entzion deal.....that was our thing.... :) Not a good thing, but he is gone....(and left behind some good fodder for crude jokes). :)

The bottom line is that none of us from NDSU give a s&!t about hockey....It bores the hell out of me.

Odd, but doesn't Fargo/West Fargo have 3 high school hockey teams. I'm sure there are some Thundering Turd fans on those teams that like hockey.

Since I'm writing this hockey info on a fb thread I'll say this. There are 7 DII hockey schools and no championship. DII hockey is non-existant, therefore the NCAA has to let us play DI. BTW Crookston is one of the DII hockey teams.

That's obvious, because if you knew !@$! one about NCAA hockey, you'd know that D2 hockey doesn't exist.

Needless to say, Bison fans' opinions on UND's hockey team doesn't amount to anything because well, we have NCAA rules on our side and that's all that matters.

-No, they lost to them in Basketball by alot.

While I understand why Bison fans would want to try to change the topic away from football (not exactly an area of strength for NDSU in recent years), basketball may have been a poor choice; while it's true the 2-3 Sioux have had some awful games, aren't the Bison 0-5 this season?

The Herd has a lot of work to do in BB. There is no doubt about that. It will come with the move to D1, but, I am glad that there will be a probationary period to use a development time. Latest seems it will be about 5 years......I gotta say other than SDSU....I am surprised at how weak the NCC is this year.

The Herd has a lot of work to do in BB.  There is no doubt about that.  It will come with the move to D1, but, I am glad that there will be a probationary period to use a development time.  Latest seems it will be about 5 years.

Don't get me wrong, like I said, the Sioux are no good (so far) this year, either; could be a long year for all N.D. basketball fans. I just found it a peculiar choice of topics on which to attack the Sioux, given.

-No, they lost to them in Basketball by alot.

So what? Not that I care, but I hear NDSU's basketball team is nothing to write home about.

- We arn't trying to be a D1 hockey school
You tried and failed, remember? It wasn't that long ago.

- Being better than UND is a very realistic goal

Not when you can't compete with UND in hockey, its marquee sport, which, I might add, is a true DI sport.

-I think you misunderstood what i was saying.
I understood perfectly. It made no sense the first time you wrote it and it makes even less sense when you attempt to explain it.

- UND does routinely beat real D1 schools. But UND isn't a D1 school!

UND is a DI school in hockey and competes with the best DI hockey schools in the country. I guess Boston College, Minnesota, Michigan and Wisconsin should be ashamed that they sometimes lose to a little ole' DII hockey school like UND.

THey're a D2 school and they should be forced to play hockey at the D2 level with the rest of the D2 schools that have D1 hockey.

You're out of your depth, Donny.

UNA 42

UND 7

THANKS!!!

Here's my prediction...

Bison - 1 (short spurt)

KLEENEX - 200 (in the value discount box)

KLEENEX WINS!!!!!!!!

Here's a little reminder - 10 of 13 wins for UND over the DII POWERHOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

go find a new rival against the University of WHO GIVE A F*CK!!

By the way, did anybody listen to WDAY last night? Is Jack Michaels for real? I love the sour grapes NDSU is eating right now. It even trickles down to their loser color man. He said that DII "wreaks of mediocrity". So all those good years the bissssssson had in DII must mean nothing to them. If they were so succesful in those years why didn't they make the jump then? Nobody was giving them a game, including UND. Oh that's right, they were winning then. Not winning now.

Like the saying goes if you want to work the farm you go to NDSU. If you want to own the farm, you go to UND. NDSU will always be in UND shadow.

That was quality Smack....but it's time to write something new.....If I didn't have to go to Laramie for a settlement conference today I would perhaps contribute some poetry to this rather smackish thread.....but you will all have to wait.... :)

If the meeting gets dull today and tomorrow I will work on it there.....

Ahh yes. Still living vicariously through UND. WAAAAA! WAAAAAA! They are proving it by visiting this board on a consistent basis. 8-3 this coming off of a DEAD LAST performance last year. NDSU will and always want to be just like UND!

Jealousy runs deep. Lets see should I go and watch the the #1 ranked team in DIVISION 1 hockey play or should I stay home and watch the bisssssson men play Mayville State in Basketball. Lets see should I go to a Division II national semifinal game in Grand Forks or should I watch the bisssssson woman volleyball team play.

What a tough decision!

NDSU=Nothing to do.....except breed cows.

UND=Playing for national championships.....always.

Read the quote from sioux7. This part especially: "...or should I stay home and watch the bisssssson men play Mayville State in Basketball. ..." (notice his lack of correct punctuation). I'm first to admit that NDSU bball isn't the greatest, but like you said, that's not the topic.

The only reason i brought up UND's hugely embarrasing loss to UMary was in responce to this point.

Diggler, i guess you got me. By my own opinion a school should have to play all of its sports in the same classification as it plays its footbal team. So, in other words, NDSU should have to play all sports in D1AA. Oh yeah, whoops, D1AA only exists for football. D1AA is a subset of the D1 set. D2, however, is a different set alltogether, a *lower* set. UND (and other D2 schools who are allowed to play D1 hockey) should have to play all of its sports in D2 just like it's football.

I don't think you get it. There is no such thing as D-2 hockey, just as there is no such thing as D-1AA in any sport besides football. Now do you get it?

On the contrary: http://www1.ncaa.org/membership/membership_svcs/sponssummary .

Go to this site and scroll down to Men's Ice Hockey. You'll see 7 D2 hockey teams. Crookston is actually one of them although they're independent. The rest are apart of the ECAC.

But that is still besides the point because the NCAA could really make D2 hockey for real by making all the teams that have D1 with the rest of sports in D2 be D2 in hockey. Also all the D1 hockey teams that are D3 in all sports should be made to play D3 hockey.I think this makes perfect sense and i would definately support this logical change by the NCAA.

On the contrary: http://www1.ncaa.org/membership/membership_svcs/sponssummary .

Go to this site and scroll down to Men's Ice Hockey. You'll see 7 D2 hockey teams. Crookston is actually one of them although they're independent. The rest are apart of the ECAC.

But that is still besides the point because the NCAA could really make D2 hockey for real by making all the teams that have D1 with the rest of sports in D2 be D2 in hockey. Also all the D1 hockey teams that are D3 in all sports should be made to play D3 hockey.I think this makes perfect sense and i would definately support this logical change by the NCAA.

It might look good or paper, but it really isn't logical or practical at all. The point you're making would also force D1AA teams to play D1 in every sport, or is that the acception to the rule? It's just OK for football but no other sports.

Why don't we just create a whole new division called the D1 wannabe's, D1 table scraps, or maybe the Crap of D1.

Sounds good to me, and NDSU would fit in just fine.

When you check that site, you better open your eyes. OR you could read an earlier post of mine where I told you that DII hockey does not have a national tournament. They are essentially not recognized by the NCAA.

DIAA IS a different classification than DI. To be DI in football you have to average so many fans. Plus it's a different amount of scholarships. Therefore, a different division. Really it's closer to DII football than to DI and thus should be DIIAA.

When you check that site, you better open your eyes. OR you could read an earlier post of mine where I told you that DII hockey does not have a national tournament. They are essentially not recognized by the NCAA.

DIAA IS a different classification than DI. To be DI in football you have to average so many fans. Plus it's a different amount of scholarships. Therefore, a different division. Really it's closer to DII football than to DI and thus should be DIIAA.

They should have a national championship. It's simply my opinion that since UND has all their sports except hockey in D2 they should be playing D2 hockey with the rest of the D2 schools.

NDSU has all their sports in D1 including football. D1A and D1AA are subsets of D1, thus they are both D1.

Assumption College, Franklin Pierce, University of Minnesota, Crookston, Saint Anselm, Southern New Hampshire University, Saint Michael's College, Stonehill College

The 7 D2 teams.....Crookston is in the MCHA, the others are in 1 or 3 EZAC conferences...Funny, these happen to be D3 conferences.

MCHA Conferece Standings...look who's number one. That "D2" hockey school...Minnesota-Crookston. :D

NDSU intelligence strikes again. Bisonfan, tell me something. Shouldn't Crookston compete at D2 because all their other sports are D2? Or is your rant just jealousy of our 7 DIVISION ONE National Championships?

:D:huh:

Assumption College, Franklin Pierce, University of Minnesota, Crookston, Saint Anselm, Southern New Hampshire University, Saint Michael's College, Stonehill College

The 7 D2 teams.....Crookston is in the MCHA, the others are in 1 or 3 EZAC conferences...Funny, these happen to be D3 conferences.

MCHA Conferece Standings...look who's number one.  That "D2" hockey school...Minnesota-Crookston. :D

NDSU intelligence strikes again.  Bisonfan, tell me something.  Shouldn't Crookston compete at D2 because all their other sports are D2?  Or is your rant just jealousy of our 7 DIVISION ONE National Championships?

:D  :huh:

So what if they're in a D3 conference??? They're D2 for hockey, just like UND should be. Once D2 hockey gets enough members (hopefully the NCAA will come to their senses and mandate that UND go D2) there will be a national title.

If you think i'm lying about Crookston being D2, then go to the website. It says right on there that they're D2 in hockey and that there are 7 D2 hockey schools (soon to increase i'm sure).

I'm not jealous of your 7 national titles in hockey. Maybe if NDSU had hockey i would be, but i'm not. Just like you're not jealous of all our wrestling national titles.

I just checked Crookston's hockey schedule as well. They play all D3 schools, but what's this...no national play-offs are even on the schedule! They aren't going to the national play-offs even after being the MCHA champions? How is that? Perhaps they're D2 and simply play D3 schools because of lack of D2 competition.