SiouxSports.com Forum

Who is in charge of the Alumni Assn ?

Fetch

I don't want independant he!! either - But with SL winning by proving they could have a loss (other than the Honor of their name) Then why not try Spirit Lake Sioux ?

It fits with where were at at this moment of the entire issue

How hard can it be to poll the Alumni & Students & ask if they would want to move ahead with that name change of SPIRIT LAKE SIOUX ?

I feel the NCAA would have to accept it (again in light of all that has transpired) we have met their cirteria

Plus maybe if the NCAA would rule on this now it could save them a lot of possible grief & us going down a road we know we can't win

& most of all SL Wins too - I always thought they should be compensated - have more of a stake ($$$) in the game

Where it stands now unless someone from UND (Alumni or Students) request / DEMANDS UND Admin. to look at this, it will be over ------ unless SL gets really lucky & a court sees the NCAA for what they are

& how cool would it be if Students &/or Alumni rallied to save their name one last time - it would be a come from behind win of the ages

*** a note here : I had really hoped the politicians would have asked this with the NCAA last meeting - I wish someone would of had the foresight to look ahead & discuss what was to come - I believe the NCAA blocked a lot of the chance to brainstorm & were just stubborn - I have given up on the politicians & ncaa & und admin.

YOU - SL &/or the Courts ARE THE LAST HOPE - the courts should be the last resort & without momentum - No Will No WAY

You do realize that the school can't pick a "new" nickname for 3 years right? Spirit Lake Sioux is a "new" nickname, and there is no way in hell the school would do this. Who wants to repeat what has gone on with the current nickname over the last 7 years.

Hak will never be fired as long as O'Keefe is there. He could have 5 losing seasons in a row and it would not matter.
Dude what is your deal with Coach Hakstol? There is no reason for UND to "fire" coach Hakstol. Also, Tim O'Keefe is a solid guy and not some corrupt hack that you might suggest.

Dude what is your deal with Coach Hakstol? There is no reason for UND to "fire" coach Hakstol. Also, Tim O'Keefe is a solid guy and not some corrupt hack that you might suggest.

I agree - but if Coach Hakstol has a losing season and then a second one I can't imagine what this board would be posting.

Temper, temper. I just stated as long as O'Keefe is there Hak's job is secure. Hak knew what he was doing when he got married. Don't think for a minute he did not think about it. If Steve Johnson would have had his degree he would have been coach and not Hak.

Temper, temper. I just stated as long as O'Keefe is there Hak's job is secure. Hak knew what he was doing when he got married. Don't think for a minute he did not think about it. If Steve Johnson would have had his degree he would have been coach and not Hak.

"lomackman" makes a return???

• Upvote 1