SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux-KU

dmksioux

Have you ever seen them in person? They are really not that bad.

Yup, last year at Wisconsin. On my son-in-law's 60 inch HD tv against KU they look like a bad dream. The schools colors are green and white (ok pink), so why does 85% of the uniform have to be black? Not real fond of the black on the hockey team either even though they seem to win with them. FB is unattractive too. But, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Per Jason King's column on ESPN.com:

Kansas' bench: The Jayhawks got just nine points from their reserves in Saturday's 84-58 victory over North Dakota -- and all of them came from shooting guard Conner Teahan. Part of the reason is because Bill Self is clearly losing trust in his non-starters. Only five Jayhawks played double-digit minutes Saturday.

Kansas' bench: The Jayhawks got just nine points from their reserves in Saturday's 84-58 victory over North Dakota -- and all of them came from shooting guard Conner Teahan. Part of the reason is because Bill Self is clearly losing trust in his non-starters. Only five Jayhawks played double-digit minutes Saturday.

If he's losing trust in his non-starters, he may be in for a world of hurt as KU goes into their meatgrinder of a conference schedule. The UND game would have been a good opportunity for him to have played his subs to give them some experience going into the heart of their schedule where, invariably, they'll experience foul trouble, injuries, sickness, etc., and be forced to play their bench.

I do agree with you on this one. Right now the best of the 3 you mentioned is Anderson. He is not forcing anything and taking very good shots. He has improved so much over last year. Huff and Webb still have alot of improving to do but have the potential to be very good in the Big Sky. They both should shoot less from the outside and penetrate and if the lane is not open dish. My main concern in the Big Sky for the next 2 years with this sophomore class will be the loss of MItchell. We have nobody at this point that will even come close to replacing him and no scholarships available. That is a huge hole and if we dont find somebody quick we will be alot worse in the final 2 years for this class which will be a shame.

Sioux2013, I'm sorry to say this; just because we have been getting along lately; but honestly, Nothing against Anderson, but he is not the best talent out the 3 guards. Huff is the best "talent", just is having a bit of a rough first half of the season. And then I think Webb is next. Anderson is a good player, who is happening to shoot better from the field and 3point percentage. And I'm not saying that because, Huff is my "boy" as u call it, but any coach would pick Huff over Snderson, because of the different aspects of his game. Webb is a scoring point guard who can finish with contact. I love all 3, and they will all compliment each other over the years. And yes, replacing Mitchell will be tough. Was hoping Allard would fill that void. : /

Sioux2013 never mentioned who the most talented player on the team is. I have no doubt that Huff would be very good in 1-on-1 or a pick-up game, but he is struggling to play with the team right now. There is a difference between being a very talented basketball player and being a good basketball player.... something for you and Huff to think about.

UND's bench outscored Kansas bench 20-9. Leading the way for our bench was Schuler (7) and Allard (7). It amazing a team like Kansas does not have the talent to play 8-9 deep. Like I posted earlier 5 guys played 29+ minutes and no one else in double digit minutes.

Sioux2013 never mentioned who the most talented player on the team is. I have no doubt that Huff would be very good in 1-on-1 or a pick-up game, but he is struggling to play with the team right now. There is a difference between being a very talented basketball player and being a good basketball player.... something for you and Huff to think about.

I have to agree. When Huff plays as a team we do very well. He has the talent to penetrate and get everyone involved if he chooses to pass. He however tends to get out of control at some point in every game and when this happens the team goes downhill. Once Huff learns to be a good basketball player as you described the Sioux will be very good. I hope this happens sooner than later. Huff also definately needs to work on his defense. It is not good at all. He does not fight around screens at all. In fact most of our guards are very lacking in defense.