SiouxSports.com Forum

UND vs. SAC ST.

UNDsportsFANATIC

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree we chase our guys on defense instead of staying in front of them and play defense. Which coach watches the defense and who is in charge of defense. This would never happen with Moody. This was Sacramento's highest point total of the year. Out rebounded so badly again and especially offensive rebounds when we got it close. And I ask again why is Huff shooting threes. Its again up to the coaches to stop this S**t. Wilmer was 6 inches taller than anybody on the floor and I think he got 2 rebounds. UGH. We need help down low.

Out rebounded almost 2 to 1 by Sac State. Brekke was really missed tonight but that just shows Jones and company had better get a big or two for next year. Again poor shot selection and poor rebounding on the road = LOSS. Next road game against Western Illinois will also be extremely tough without Brekke and Webb. A road win needs to happen sooner or later. If its not against Western Illinois then I doubt it will come against Kansas or New Mexico. Only gets more difficult.

Outrebounded by 15 tonight...............

Just saw the stats for the 2nd half. Out rebounded 23-8 in the second half. How is that possible in one half? These games are a benchmark to what we need to improve on for next year. First and foremost it proves we dont have the bigs to compete on the boards and if we cant win the boards then we are in trouble.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe UND has just one road win over a tournament eligible dI team since the start of the transition--at UMKC in the 2008-09 season opener. Granted, that's probably not all that surprising given the talent level of the 2008-09 and 2009-10 teams, and the youth of last year's team. It's a little more difficult to explain this year.

It seems like we are able to sneak up on teams on our first meetings with them, especially, in the familiar confines of home. I think the games we've won this year against "good" quality teams were situations in which the Sioux were initially overlooked by the opponent. Those teams came ready on the backend of those season series. Case in point, we schooled Idaho st. handily at the Betty; then they beat us on their home court. We lose huge at SDSU and show them nothing.... fast-forward one week, and they come to Grand Forks and we show them what we CAN do, totally shocking the crap out of them. Sioux walk into Sac St. yesterday and do very little wrong in the first half ( I assume Sac St. didn't know what to expect and probably weren't expecting much), then Sac St. wipes the cold water off their faces in the second half, buckles down and puts the screws to the Sioux.

Just saw the stats for the 2nd half. Out rebounded 23-8 in the second half. How is that possible in one half? These games are a benchmark to what we need to improve on for next year. First and foremost it proves we dont have the bigs to compete on the boards and if we cant win the boards then we are in trouble.

It'd be nice to have some taller guys that are capable of seeing the floor. However, height is not a requirement to be a good rebounder.

It'd be nice to have some taller guys that are capable of seeing the floor. However, height is not a requirement to be a good rebounder.

That is a very good point, seeing the floor. Once the ball goes down low we never look opposite. Guys are always wide open opposite side. That would give Anderson, Mitchell and Schuler with wide open threes. Always thought we have no inside out game.