SiouxSports.com Forum

UMD vs UND

redwing77

Would you say that this feat has put them ahead of the Sioux in greatness, being that these days there are many more hockey teams and a lot more talent to choose from than there were back in the 60's and 70's when you won most of your titles? Or was it the 50's and 60's? ;)

you really do know a lot about hockey, don't you. :):)

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, that is really great for your team. I am very impressed by that. Someday I hope the bulldogs could have one of those hanging from the rafters. But it still would not equal the greatness or the tradition of Sioux hockey, but maybe someday we could get a sniff of that type of hockey. Just another serious question here, I know your program is one of the greatest, but how come you haven't been able to win back-to-back as the gophers have. Would you say that this feat has put them ahead of the Sioux in greatness, being that these days there are many more hockey teams and a lot more talent to choose from than there were back in the 60's and 70's when you won most of your titles? Or was it the 50's and 60's? :)

I'll try to give you a straight, non-defensive answer. UND's title years were:

(Not exactly the wooden-puck era.) UND hasn't repeated because it takes a remarkable combination of talent and luck to win the title. To have everything break just right two years in a row is very unusual. UND reached OT in the second year's title game in 2001, but couldn't finish the repeat.

Ultimately, a program's greatness is in the eye of the beholder. I'm guessing not too many Sioux fans are looking to trade their program's history for anyone's.

DHG doesn't know how to play a fiddle. You may think he was being sarcastic, but like many other words he can't even spell it. Add to it that he has pickled his brain with Windsor and he was completely serious. He is utterly jealous of UND and everything surronding it. Because of this he has to wear stupid costumes to games to try to draw attention away from his utter idiocy.

DHG doesn't know how to play a fiddle. You may think he was being sarcastic, but like many other words he can't even spell it. Add to it that he has pickled his brain with Windsor and he was completely serious. He is utterly jealous of UND and everything surronding it. Because of this he has to wear stupid costumes to games to try to draw attention away from his utter idiocy.

Wow, you hit the nail right on the head. I mean, I have no reason for living anymore. You have said everything there is to say about me. I am shocked that you know me so well. I someday hope that I can be as smart as diggler. :) .

Damn you beersong.

Still waiting to hear:

from the dogz

That's all we ever hear. Even when tUMD went 2-0-1 against the Sue last year.

What does this have to do with the hockey that will be played this weekend??

This is definitely a litmus test for the Dogs. Where are we as compared to where we were at the end of last season?

LOL. :D DHG is playing you guys like a fiddle. Sarcasm is hard to sense on a message board. This is a prime example.

That's all we ever hear. Even when tUMD went 2-0-1 against the Sue last year.

By the way incase your counting 7>0. Ha what do you have to say about that?

Same place as you old ba$tards - the strip club! :D I have yet to visit Tassles in Thompson - is it worth the trip? When I was in GF last weekend I heard the ad for "Toys for Ta-Tas" where if you bring a toy for charity you get free cover! What an idea!

Wow, Thompson has a strip club; must be a lot of lonely farmers out there.

If you're ever in Phx, check out Babes Cabaret & stay away from The Body Shoppe

Wow, Thompson has a strip club; must be a lot of lonely farmers out there.

If you're ever in Phx, check out Babes Cabaret & stay away from The Body Shoppe

Tassles is gone, folks. The town ran them out of town, at least, that's what I heard.

As for DUHluth "scoring" I think standards-wise, wouldn't they have to go to Wisconsin for considerations? :huh:

I thought the Body Shoppe was a place where you buy stuff like massagers and specialized recliners with vibrating massagers in it, etc etc.?

Same place as you old ba$tards - the strip club! :huh: I have yet to visit Tassles in Thompson - is it worth the trip?

Redwing...you heard wrong. They reopened last fall I think. Had girls from the Vu down in the Twin Cities for the grand reopening....I heard.

My friends and I went there a few weeks back just so we could say we did it once...trust me, not worth it. :D