SiouxSports.com Forum

2011 FCS Playoffs

Hambone

Must they have "North Dakota" as part of their name? Why do I feel like my loser brother just got me in trouble?

duke_dog_statue_normal.JPG

@JMUsportsblogJMU Sports Blog

Attn NDSU commenters on the blog: telling us Harrisonburg would only be the 4th largest city in ND says more about ND than the 'burg.

I think this pissing war started after JMU's coach called Fargo isloated. Bison fans are in a frenzy.

I think this pissing war started after JMU's coach called Fargo isloated. Bison fans are in a frenzy.

Then the next salvo:

100_3390_normal.JPG

@MikeABarberMike Barber

NDSU coach Craig Bohl is available to television media but not print reporters. Guess it's only softball questions the day before game. #JMU

This may be pretty interesting by kickoff.

Then the next salvo:

100_3390_normal.JPG

@MikeABarberMike Barber

NDSU coach Craig Bohl is available to television media but not print reporters. Guess it's only softball questions the day before game. #JMU

This may be pretty interesting by kickoff.

JMU is finding out why many dislike the Bison.

For those don't wanna click the link, Mike Barber is JMU football reporter for their local newspaper. He is in Fargo claims he was shooed away from Bohl.

That's a reason to dislike the Bison? Hahaha...I'm sure Bohl doesn't have anything better to do than deal with reporters the day before a playoff game.

EDIT: And if reading message boards and posts from less than 25 aliases has Bison fans "in a frenzy" I think you have the wrong Bison fans. I'd argue that most have no clue what has been said unless they're on BV or AGS, which would be most of the fan base.

That's a reason to dislike the Bison? Hahaha...

It's just a small snipet. It's no mystery FCS fans see Bison fans as the arrogant. I frequent other boards too.

I'm sure Bohl doesn't have anything better to do than deal with reporters the day before a playoff game.

Bohl was giving interviews at the time.

EDIT: And if reading message boards and posts from less than 25 aliases has Bison fans "in a frenzy" I think you have the wrong Bison fans. I'd argue that most have no clue what has been said unless they're on BV or AGS, which would be most of the fan base.

I was referring to BV. 16 pages about the coaches comment about being isolated. I am not claiming UND fans would act different.

Well within that 16 pages is talk of Rocky Mountain Oysters, and also people saying it's no big deal...not a big flame fest. To be fair the guy did say not available to PRINT media, who knows if Bohl was open to other forms of media. I know he's a rival coach, why does Bohl get a bad rap? As a fan I think he comes across great in the coaches show and on radio. Doesn't make excuses, has stayed loyal to NDSU through the transition and some good and equally bad seasons. Heavy foot, I know... :whistling: .

And yes, I do enjoy your coach, I don't have anything to rip on him about.

I was referring to BV. 16 pages about the coaches comment about being isolated. I am not claiming UND fans would act different.

I'm usually the quickest to point out that UXX fans are no different from UXY fans, just different loyalties, but this is one of the few areas on which I disagree. NDSUers (at least those most vocal on the forums) seem much more sensitive about being in the middle of nowhere, whereas UNDers tend to be more sanguine about it. I suppose it comes from G.F. being significantly the smaller of the two, so it's impossible for G.F.'ers to have delusions of grandeur, whereas it seems like there's always some NDSU fan trying to claim Fargo is more like a slightly smaller Minneapolis than a slightly larger Grand Forks ;)

Anyway, best of luck NDSU -- represent N.D. well.

• Upvote 1

I'm usually the quickest to point out that UXX fans are no different from UXY fans, just different loyalties, but this is one of the few areas on which I disagree. NDSUers (at least those most vocal on the forums) seem much more sensitive about being in the middle of nowhere, whereas UNDers tend to be more sanguine about it. I suppose it comes from G.F. being significantly the smaller of the two, so it's impossible for G.F.'ers to have delusions of grandeur, whereas it seems like there's always some NDSU fan trying to claim Fargo is more like Minneapolis than Grand Forks ;)

Since when does being "isolated" mean something negative? I think our friends to the south should embrace this fact.

NDSU folks like to say UND would never get into a conference because it was "too isolated".

What never made sense to me is that UND and NDSU are 75 miles (not 750 miles) apart. If one is isolated, so is the other by the nature of ... 75 miles apart.

Now someone has pointed this out to them and they are devastated. {shrug} Oh well ...