SiouxSports.com Forum

Seems we can't catch a break this year

theisdog

Hey, I love the Sioux team a great deal and I support them up or down but perhaps this is just a down year. I think it pretty save to say it will be a battle just to make the final five let alone the NCAA tourney. Not impossible just real difficult. The next month or so will tell. Lets start it out right this weekend boys. Time to get it done.

Watching this video makes me want to watch Rocco even more, it gets me excited when he emphatically says, "I haven't even been close to 100% this year". He was the best player on the ice in parts of the Minnesota game, I can't wait to see what he can do when he is 100%.

Also this injury could be more than 6-8 weeks. He is going to rest for that time period and after that, if it is not healthy, he will need surgery. He doesn't say in the video how long he would be out if surgery is needed.

In Schlossmans story Rocco says that if he has the surgery it's season ending. The doctors told him that he could have it right now and it would be season ending but he said that he wants to try play again this year. So if it isn't better by then he will be done for the season

In Schlossmans story Rocco says that if he has the surgery it's season ending. The doctors told him that he could have it right now and it would be season ending but he said that he wants to try play again this year. So if it isn't better by then he will be done for the season

Awesome, just great.

Breaks are what you make of them.

I guess I'm in it for the long haul. I counted 12 forwards that Hak has had to replace from last year, including graduates, early signings, clearinghouse problems, defections, and injuries. This means we are more than reloading. The half full glass is that we are going to get some badly need experience this year. That is a good thing. The half empty glass is that we will be taking some lumps as we get that experience. I look forward to a growing year, and hope this team can steal enough close games to position themselves for the NCAAs and make some noise in March. But you never know. That 1996-1997 team was a year or two out from winning it all. But they surprised a lot of teams in March AND April.

I guess I'm in it for the long haul. I counted 12 forwards that Hak has had to replace from last year, including graduates, early signings, clearinghouse problems, defections, and injuries. This means we are more than reloading. The half full glass is that we are going to get some badly need experience this year. That is a good thing. The half empty glass is that we will be taking some lumps as we get that experience. I look forward to a growing year, and hope this team can steal enough close games to position themselves for the NCAAs and make some noise in March. But you never know. That 1996-1997 team was a year or two out from winning it all. But they surprised a lot of teams in March AND April.

that team did not start out 3-6-1 either. they got off to a great start and never really had a down stretch the whole season.

i'm not sure if grimaldi can apply for a medical redshirt now, I think they're too far into the season. It would be very close at this point but if he wants to come back and figures out he cant and then gets the surgery there is no chance he gets a medical red shirt. I could be wrong, I thought it had to be in the first 1/3 games of the teams schedule, but maybe it's if the player gets injured for the year while playing in 1/3 or less of the teams games. Maybe someone can pull up the rule?

Tough luck the team has been having. But I don't think I'm just trying to be the eternal optimist when I think this will strengthen the team in the long run. With Grimaldi out, other players know they will have to up their game even more. If they develop a mindset that they have to outhustle to win, then, with the load of talent the Sioux have in the freshman class and others, including St. Claire, coming in next year, the future could look very good. This year isn't over yet either. If they can stay in the hunt and get Grimaldi well, they could be dangerous come Feb. Not much margin for error now, though.

that team did not start out 3-6-1 either. they got off to a great start and never really had a down stretch the whole season.

It was a magical season and the boys had all the luck fall their way. The Fighting Sioux are due for another season like that. But if it doesn't happen this year, I know the tribulations encountered this year will leave them better set for next year.