SiouxSports.com Forum

UNA

mustangfan

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GVSU vs. UND in florance. Make it happen Sioux

It's F-L-O-R-E-N-C-E, first of all. I believe GVSU has a game in Kingsville, Texas to win before you can start talking about the championship game. The Javelinas are always tough, so GVSU better take their A game down there. GVSU is a great team, but the Javs will give you everything they've got.

Good luck to the Lakers, if y'all win we'll welcome you to Florence with open arms, just like last year. Just glad the two teams here on December 13 will be decided on the field, and not by computers!

:)

Go Lions!

Chris H.

Florence, AL

LB Courtney Wright 6'0" 205

LB Harold Wisdom 5'11" 220

LB Donald Tharpe 5'10" 205

This is kind of what I was getting at in my earlier post. If these 3 guys are playing off the line, I think we have a decent chance of moving the ball. (especially since our line averages 6'-5", 295, give or take a few pounds, and they're all strong... not a bunch of fat-asses)

If UND can establish the running game early, possibly forcing a shift in UNA's defensive scheme, it will be a great field position battle and ultimately a great game. I can't wait!

I talked with some game officials from the Lone Star and they said that you go to TAMUK for 2 things, 1. to play football and 2. to go to prison after you get out. They are a bunch of thugs, in fact they had 4 ejected last week for fighting. So GVSU better be ready for an all out battle. In fact both games are going to be great matches decided in the fourth quarter in my opinion.

If UND can establish the running game early, possibly forcing a shift in UNA's defensive scheme, it will be a great field position battle and ultimately a great game. I can't wait!

UND could definitely use the size advantage in the trenches to do just that. On the other hand, UNA just finished holding the nation's top rushing offense last week in Carson-Newman to only nine points, and six of those was a cheap TD late when UNA already had the second string in. So, UNA is tough against the run.

In my opinion, the team that gave UNA the most trouble this year was Arkansas-Monticello. They had a very elusive and athletic quarterback who could make plays happen in the air, and on the ground. UNA would the DBs back anticipating pass, then the guy (I think his name was Cory Allred) would take off. Very fast for a QB. Does UND have anybody like that? If you do, I instantly grow a little more worried about this game.

I talked with some game officials from the Lone Star and they said that you go to TAMUK for 2 things, 1. to play football and 2. to go to prison after you get out. They are a bunch of thugs, in fact they had 4 ejected last week for fighting.

Hmm. Can any of them can skate? :)

I talked with some game officials from the Lone Star and they said that you go to TAMUK for 2 things, 1. to play football and 2. to go to prison after you get out.  They are a bunch of thugs, in fact they had 4 ejected last week for fighting.  So GVSU better be ready for an all out battle.  In fact both games are going to be great matches decided in the fourth quarter in my opinion.

Watch it UNA! There is more to that story about the fight, so quit posting misinformation. The NCAA saw no need for additional punishment and it was the sorry GSC officials that threw out the wrong guys and refused to throw out the right ones from UCO that started the fight.

About thugs and clean programs. Don't throw stones at your glass house, it will break! :):)

Wow, Bowencamp sounds like a good one.

I think that the way for UND to win the game will be to throw the ball, and that seems to indicate it is something that y'all do well. If you can start completing some passes, get the defense back on their heels, then have some big running plays... It could definitely make for an interesting game.

I just wish I could make it to Grand Forks on Saturday! Unfortunately, I have to work :) . Otherwise I might just take a road trip. I can't believe bosses think that work comes before football, geez. What a bunch of buffoons! *G*

Wow, Bowencamp sounds like a good one.

I think that the way for UND to win the game will be to throw the ball, and that seems to indicate it is something that y'all do well. If you can start completing some passes, get the defense back on their heels, then have some big running plays... It could definitely make for an interesting game.

I just wish I could make it to Grand Forks on Saturday! Unfortunately, I have to work :) . Otherwise I might just take a road trip. I can't believe bosses think that work comes before football, geez. What a bunch of buffoons! *G*

CAN be a good one. When he's on his game, he's really really good.

But I'm going to wait until Saturday to pass any form of judgement. These two teams are really really good. The winner of this game will win the National Championship. I'm sure of it.

I talked with some game officials from the Lone Star and they said that you go to TAMUK for 2 things, 1. to play football and 2. to go to prison after you get out.  They are a bunch of thugs, in fact they had 4 ejected last week for fighting.  So GVSU better be ready for an all out battle.  In fact both games are going to be great matches decided in the fourth quarter in my opinion.

UNA, the fight started when Central Oklahoma (trailing 18-0) threw its second consecutive interception with just over 10 minutes left in the first half. Our DB got slammed to the ground out of bounds after the play was over. So, while I don't condone fighting, I can hardly blame him for being pi**ed or his teammates for wanting to protect him. From there it got pretty wild. The only player for Central Oklahoma to get kicked out was #14 the kicker, not #4 the running back who started the whole thing by throwing our guy to the ground. The GSC crew was letting the game get out of hand. Before the game, the C. OK guys were out on the field taunting our guys with the officials right there watching the whole thing. I will admit that in the past we have had some good trash talkers down here, but coach Cundiff has seriously curtailed that. Actions speak louder than words.

You want to tell me that if that happened to one of your guys that they would just get up and walk away? Our team is not a bunch of thugs, but they will not be pushed around either.

Just some ramblings from a Bison fan. I think you can throw the size factor out the window. Everybody was talking about the enormous size differential between the Bison and Statesmen in 2000, and UNA's linebackers are enormous compared to Delta State's. I think one of Delta State's outside linebackers was 5'7" 165, and one of their inside backers was 5'9 190.

If UNA shut down the #1 rush team, they can stop the run. However, I get the feeling that play action could work great against these guys. If it is a 3-3-5 scheme, someone has to be thinking about moving towards the line on defense. Now if they are fast, they can get out of position in a hurry.

This is the best analysis of a game that's gone on all year on this message board. Wish it was Saturday already.

This is the best analysis of a game that's gone on all year on this message board. Wish it was Saturday already.

I agree, wish it was Saturday. The longer I have to wait, the more I worry about you guys!

It has been fun actually discussing a game though. I wish more DII schools has forums where you could discuss the teams. Unfortunately, UNA doesn't even have a decent board, and we're a school with some tradition. The AL.com board doesn't count, as every school in the state has their own board there, and it's just filled with 13 year old jerkoffs. Most UNA fans I know love the Lions, but definitely put them behind the Tide and Tigers when it comes to football priorities in the state. It's sad, but that's how it is around the Shoals. I love Alabama football myself, just feel there's room to have two schools you can be passionate about, especially when they never play each other.

Anyway, sorry to get longwinded. I've enjoyed talking to some other DII fans for a change. It's been fun. If y'all have any more questions about the team, I'll gladly answer them. Just let me know.

I'm looking forward to a GREAT game on Saturday.

Go Lions!

Chris H.

Florence, AL

BTW cheeringsiouxfromsmoggycali, I love that quote in your signature there.

My favorite lines from the movie...

"Mr. Cob?"

"Yes, Sir!"

"You're aware of the name of this ship, aren't you, Mr. Cob?"

"Very aware, Sir!"

"It bears a proud name doesn't it, Mr. Cob?"

"Very proud, Sir!"

"It represents fine people."

"Very fine people, Sir!"

"Who live in a fine, outstanding state."

"Outstanding, Sir!"

"In the greatest country in the entire world."

"In the entire world, Sir!"

"And what is that name, Mr. Cob?"

"ALABAMA, Sir!"

"And what do we say?!"

"Go 'Bama'!"

"(Crew)ROLL TIDE!!"

Ah... brings a tear to my eye :)

Good luck Sioux! Go Lions!

Chris H.

Florence, AL

Maybe I should take my sig line out since it refers to Alabama.

Nah man, it's a good quote. It's obviously more in reference to my second school, the University of Alabama, than anything UNA. Just wish they were doing as good as the Lions :)

And hey, we want y'all to come to Florence too... next year in the championship game against the Lions, if the playoff bracket works that way :)

Good luck Sioux, and Go Lions!