SiouxSports.com Forum

Amtrak to road games? Never again.

Frozen4sioux

So it sounded like a good idea right.....

Hop on the Amtrak train and head out to Madison for the badgers series. Awesome train leaves at 2am and rolls into badger land at 1 in the afternoon,.

Well if you ever think that little plan for a roadie is something you want to do........dig a little deeper and think twice especially about Amtraks 6.7% on time percentage for the eastbound empire builder.

And the delays aren't just a few minutes, Nine hours that's right they're nine hours behind, so instead of catching some great Sioux hockey in the not so friendly confines of the Kohl center, we'll be following along via twitter as we chug lazily through the rolling cheese basket of the Wisconsin landscape.

Sorry for the rant but Im just a bit perturbed by the whole ordeal as I lay here in a bedbug infested notell motel in bisonville awaiting a mythical silver rumor.

Well I guess we'll still make Saturday nights game...............actually I guess I shouldn't so much count on that either.

Hop on the Amtrak train and head out to Madison for the badgers series. Awesome train leaves at 2am and rolls into badger land at 1 in the afternoon,.

Well if you ever think that little plan for a roadie is something you want to do........dig a little deeper and think twice especially about Amtraks 6.7% on time percentage for the eastbound empire builder.

It doesn't surprise me because it's run by the Federal Government.

We took the amtrack to Milwaukee for the Frozen Four once. Got there at 1:00 and everything went off without a hitch. By the sound of your experience and the 6.7 percent "on time" rating, I should have bought a lottery ticket. I would have been able to take my private jet there instead.

And the delays aren't just a few minutes, Nine hours that's right they're nine hours behind, so instead of catching some great Sioux hockey in the not so friendly confines of the Kohl center, we'll be following along via twitter as we chug lazily through the rolling cheese basket of the Wisconsin landscape.

Sorry for the rant but Im just a bit perturbed by the whole ordeal as I lay here in a bedbug infested notell motel in bisonville awaiting a mythical silver rumor.

Well I guess we'll still make Saturday nights game...............actually I guess I shouldn't so much count on that either.

B-R-U-T-A-L!!!!!

We took the amtrack to Milwaukee for the Frozen Four once. Got there at 1:00 and everything went off without a hitch. By the sound of your experience and the 6.7 percent "on time" rating, I should have bought a lottery ticket. I would have been able to take my private jet there instead.

Don't jump on that lottery ticket just yet. According to Amtrak's website, the Empire builder has an on-time percentage closer to 50-60%.

It's not because it's run by the federal government that Amtrak doesn't run on time. It's probably because it's underfunded and outdated because the dumb racist Republicans won't pass any bills.

The Republicans don't realize that during recessions sometimes the federal government has to spend money fixing things and investing in the country which creates jobs and gets the economy moving again.

Dig deeper, you can search by train number as well. 7-27-8-28

Eastbound they are telling me now is always very bad, moving west not so much.

Political I suppose it can go that direction but doesn't need to.

From what I see its a no win situation for their schedule.

Percentages are percentages but right now I know with 100% certainty that I'm typing this as we are meandering Towards la crosse, Not enjoying a pre game steak with my family before getting to the game.

We crawled through dinky town at snails pace.......threw up a little in my mouth.

Like goon said, it's run by the federal government. It also loses billions each and every year. Obama also wants to build more of them.

Recipe for success?

Wow. Maybe you should read the literature. He wants to build high speed rail systems not just more amtrak trains. These would run separately for the most part and would therefore be less prone to delays.

It's not because it's run by the federal government that Amtrak doesn't run on time. It's probably because it's underfunded and outdated because the dumb racist Republicans won't pass any bills.

The Republicans don't realize that during recessions sometimes the federal government has to spend money fixing things and investing in the country which creates jobs and gets the economy moving again.

I love sarcasm!

This is really out of line. Everyone, drop the politics please.

• Upvote 2

This is really out of line. Everyone, drop the politics please.

Thank Heavens someone is on the ball here.

I do have a question, why is it some posts don't have the grey "X" under them? I'm assuming the X is for neg rep??? A couple posts in this thread deserve a red.

The Repubs keep talking about how this is the greatest country ever. Well, even in Italy the trains run on time. The US is falling way behind, because we are not willing to invest in infrastructure. God help us if the Repubs get their way. We will have limos on the freeway for them and the rest of us will sit home and watch reruns of how it used to be. We need to spend more money on public transport and get away from everyone driving themselves. Europe has its problems, but transportation is not one of them. I can get around Europe less exensively and more quickly than the US without owning a car and trying to find a place to park.