SiouxSports.com Forum

Dakota 4 through 3 years of FCS play

darell1976

So basically in your opinion, the transition period of the reclassification process is regarded as a failure unless during that transition the reclassifying school defeats a high-major program or FBS football playing school in one of the revenue sports................

NDSU had a very positive transition experience and I give them credit. They are competetive in numerous sports in the Summit League and that is great.

But on the other hand I hope when North Dakota is 4 years removed from the transition, I hope that I don't have to continually cruise internet message boards and tout my favorite schools accomplishments during the transition so I can feel better about the 10-14 record that our football program has posted in conference play since the transition ended...................

While it would be alot of fun to beat an FBS program or high major men's basketball program so we could go to Bisonville to thump our chest and pat ourselves on the back, it is not a likely a scenario for any transitioning program.

Although "a few GWC titles" are not a big deal in the grand scheme of things, I'll still argue that North Dakota has done some positive things during the transition including turning around a dismal volleyball program, turning around a dismal men's basketball program, and securing conference affiliation.

Since you insist on speculating what may happen two years from now, to answer your question, IMO based on last season's results, I would say that volleball and men's basketball would have the best chance to compete for Big Sky titles when we join assuming that those programs continue to progress as they have.................

Ok that was a pretty good burn haha. But I don't know about your basketball team, when our middle of the road summit team outscores them by 28 in the second half, I have a hard time believing UND will be capable of a conference title. I think we swept them in volleyball but our team kind of kicks ass and I don't know if BSC has quality volleyball. Just remember, win in basketball or football and nothing else matters.

Ok that was a pretty good burn haha. But I don't know about your basketball team, when our middle of the road summit team outscores them by 28 in the second half, I have a hard time believing UND will be capable of a conference title. I think we swept them in volleyball but our team kind of kicks ass and I don't know if BSC has quality volleyball. Just remember, win in basketball or football and nothing else matters.

Yes, NDSU did win this year in Fargo - my understanding is that it was a good match-up. (26-24, 25-21, 25-19). But, the final RPI shows that UND and NDSU are very comparable programs. I am not sure that the difference is as great as you think.

Final RPI

86 BYU Mountain West 14-16

87 North Dakota St. Summit 20-11

88 Kansas Big 12

89 North Dakota Independent 25-5

http://web1.ncaa.org/app_data/weeklyrpi/2010WVBrpi1.html

In Mens basketball - UND has a long way to go.

Like I said..............."assuming those programs continue to progress".

Yes the basketball team has a long ways to go...........but the team that NDSU played in December was not the same one that was playing in February and March.............just saying there is alot of talent there and alot of optimism.

UND's volleyball team kind of kicks ass too.................

One other follow-up with the kickass NDSU volleyball team it looks like they are in the running for the Woody Hayes coaching Hat Trick - or could it be the "Culture" at NDSU.

- Citing fundamental differences in coaching philosophies, North Dakota State University Director of Women's Athletics Lynn Dorn announced that she has accepted the resignation of head volleyball coach Zaundra Bina.

http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=227386

- The father of two former North Dakota State University women's volleyball players says the head coach who resigned this week could be controlling, manipulative and intimidating.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/volleyball/2010-10-20-1813707529_x.htm

20??

Like I said..............."assuming those programs continue to progress".

Yes the basketball team has a long ways to go...........but the team that NDSU played in December was not the same one that was playing in February and March.............just saying there is alot of talent there and alot of optimism.

UND's volleyball team kind of kicks ass too.................

The Bison who played in december was not the same one in March either. I just dont see a reason for this optomism, you should never be excited about a team that loses by 28 to a rival.

Hmmm......losing 70 of the last 71 to the Herd in volleyball sounds like they really kick ass.

Since when are we on equal ground with NDSU. NDSU has been DI playoff eligible since 2008, and UND has been DI playoff eligible since 2012 oh thats right 2012 hasn't come yet.

Since when are we on equal ground with NDSU. NDSU has been DI playoff eligible since 2008, and UND has been DI playoff eligible since 2012 oh thats right 2012 hasn't come yet.

NDSU from 08 before playoff eligible would kick UND's ass, as well as current NDSU's ass. Just pointing that out. Im just pointing out that UND's team in transition is bball is not even close to what NDSU's was, thats all.

"Was" being the key word.................Woodside is gone ya know,

Trust me, I'm aware that Jimmy Chitwood is no longer with us. We have a great sophomore-to-be class however. Trayvonn Wright is a gamechanger. Mike Felt is money. Taylor Braun is pretty good. Marshall Bjorkland is pretty good too. Pretty young like UND, just bigger.

Trust me, I'm aware that Jimmy Chitwood is no longer with us. We have a great sophomore-to-be class however. Trayvonn Wright is a gamechanger. Mike Felt is money. Taylor Braun is pretty good. Marshall Bjorkland is pretty good too. Pretty young like UND, just bigger.

Don't they allow you on the Bison website? If I want to hear or read stuff about the Bison I would go there. Pls be gone, I am sick of you on this site whether you have anything that makes sense or not.

Don't they allow you on the Bison website? If I want to hear or read stuff about the Bison I would go there. Pls be gone, I am sick of you on this site whether you have anything that makes sense or not.

Well of course they do.

A word of advice as well, never tell someone they are getting on your nerves via a message board. All it does is gives them more reason to stay active.

Well of course they do.

A word of advice as well, never tell someone they are getting on your nerves via a message board. All it does is gives them more reason to stay active.

Active and pathetic. I hear a Jack Rabbit and Coyote board calling your name.

Well of course they do.

You are not getting on our nerves. You are just reinforcing the general opinion most people have of NDSU fans being a bunch of Boreass stupid farmers

Well of course they do.

A word of advice as well, never tell someone they are getting on your nerves via a message board. All it does is gives them more reason to stay active keep trolling.

Fixed that for you.

You are not getting on our nerves. You are just reinforcing the general opinion most people have of NDSU fans being a bunch of Boreass stupid farmers

Once again, you are arguing with a teenager and have now made yourself sound like one. Don't get sucked into his comments. He knows very little which I think is very obvious. I think at this point he is just here to get you guys all riled up. I fear that he is doing a good job of it at this point too.