SiouxSports.com Forum

UND fumbles ball on Frozen Four tickets!

ksixpack

I have been told that our administration fumbled the ball on getting tickets for their loyal fans. I have been told that UND has only a few hundred tickets to give out to Fighting Sioux Club members. It is my understanding that UND was given 600 tickets from the NCAA as were the other 15 teams in the tournament.

In the past the athletic departments would get on the phone prior to the tournament with the athletic departments of the other teams and would secure tickets from the other schools that would not make the Frozen Four. For example, in the past it was a given that the WCHA schools that lost in the regionals would give their unused tickets to the WCHA schools in the Frozen Four as would other teams in a conference without teams in the Frozen Four.

So I would like to know where the unused tickets from Denver, Colorado College, and Nebraska Omaha are? Why didn't we get any? Denver and CC only had dozens of fans at the Final Five and the regionals so don't tell me they are using them...they are not. What about the tickets from ECAC and Hockey East schools that don't have a conference member in the Frozen Four? Where did these tickets go? Why didn't our athletic department secure these tickets last week prior to the tournament? What were they doing?

So we will have a very small rooting section in one of the lower corners of the Xcel when in the past we would have 2000-3000 strong all decked out in green. How pathetic! Meanwhile, the loyal Sioux fans will find a way to get a ticket to watch their favorite team but it will come at a large price on the street. Surely some fans will pay way more than they should have to, all because our athletic department was too inept to find tickets for them. I am guessing that Duluth, Michigan, and Notre Dame fans were taken care of by their athletic department.

I have been to numerous Frozen Fours. In the past we were always taken care of. Tickets were no problem, rooms either as UND would block a whole hotel for loyal fans of the Sioux. Not anymore...

I have been told that our administration fumbled the ball on getting tickets for their loyal fans. I have been told that UND has only a few hundred tickets to give out to Fighting Sioux Club members. It is my understanding that UND was given 600 tickets from the NCAA as were the other 15 teams in the tournament.

In the past the athletic departments would get on the phone prior to the tournament with the athletic departments of the other teams and would secure tickets from the other schools that would not make the Frozen Four. For example, in the past it was a given that the WCHA schools that lost in the regionals would give their unused tickets to the WCHA schools in the Frozen Four as would other teams in a conference without teams in the Frozen Four.

So I would like to know where the unused tickets from Denver, Colorado College, and Nebraska Omaha are? Why didn't we get any? Denver and CC only had dozens of fans at the Final Five and the regionals so don't tell me they are using them...they are not. What about the tickets from ECAC and Hockey East schools that don't have a conference member in the Frozen Four? Where did these tickets go? Why didn't our athletic department secure these tickets last week prior to the tournament? What were they doing?

So we will have a very small rooting section in one of the lower corners of the Xcel when in the past we would have 2000-3000 strong all decked out in green. How pathetic! Meanwhile, the loyal Sioux fans will find a way to get a ticket to watch their favorite team but it will come at a large price on the street. Surely some fans will pay way more than they should have to, all because our athletic department was too inept to find tickets for them. I am guessing that Duluth, Michigan, and Notre Dame fans were taken care of by their athletic department.

I have been to numerous Frozen Fours. In the past we were always taken care of. Tickets were no problem, rooms either as UND would block a whole hotel for loyal fans of the Sioux. Not anymore...

Not everyone gets tickets through UND. I put an ad on USCHO and got tickets that way. Many go in the lottery. There WILL be a large cheering section for the Sioux in St Paul.

I highly doubt that they set aside 600 tickets for each of the 16 teams in the tourny. That makes no sense to me.

My understanding is they set aside 600 tickets for each of the four schools that make it.

• Upvote 1

I highly doubt that they set aside 600 tickets for each of the 16 teams in the tourny. That makes no sense to me.

My understanding is they set aside 600 tickets for each of the four schools that make it.

Yes, the ticket allotment to the schools are only to the four participating schools.

And in the past, not many folks could go to Columbus, Milwaukee, St. Louis, or Denver (for example). In this case, St. Paul, the demands on Fighting Sioux Club would be mammoth. I've always gotten tickets from FSC in the past. This year, I honestly expected I would not because many high level FSC members that didn't request in the past would this year given the relatively short drive.

I think that UND is doing awesome with what they are given to work with. There is a total of 600 tickets and how many thousand of people who didn't want to buy till they knew the team made it. Well, now it is a sellers market and people complain. UND is dealing with what it can. Keep up the good work Athletic Dept. SO SIOUX!!!

I believe the schools in the tourney are given a smaller amount around 100 initially and then allotted the additional tickets when they make the frozen 4. The schools have until april 4th to keep, get rid of, or return the unused tickets...so their is a slight chance that UND may be able to get their hands on some additional tickets but I certainly wouldn't count on it.

I understand that Sioux fans are upset about the lack of Frozen Four tickets available, but it's not the Athletic Department's fault. They can only distribute what they're given.

Also, I have seen several Sioux fans purchasing tickets on USCHO over the last few months. I have no doubt that there will be a large contingent of Sioux fans at the 'X'.