SiouxSports.com Forum

Great West Conference Tournament

nodakvindy

The Great West website was wrong throughout the game. Chicago State was up throughout and won the game.

That's quite an operation they have going on at the Great West Conference. :silly:

And nice job to the conference on choosing Orem, Utah as the host. Apparently the attendance has been pretty embarrassing, even for UVU's first round games.

That's quite an operation they have going on at the Great West Conference. :silly:

And nice job to the conference on choosing Orem, Utah as the host. Apparently the attendance has been pretty embarrassing, even for UVU's first round games.

Unfortunate that the gamecast was wrong, but that stuff happens once in a while. As for the tourney, it would be interesting to see who, if anyone else bid on it. Can't imagine it makes a ton of money, and with Salt Lake a hub for Delta, I'm sure travel was pretty cheap. The other viable options would have been Houston or Chicago, I guess. Will be interesting to see where it is next year, with the league down to six members. I'd guess it will be down to a three day event, since there would only be two quarterfinals, they can play both men and women on day 1.

Unfortunate that the gamecast was wrong, but that stuff happens once in a while. As for the tourney, it would be interesting to see who, if anyone else bid on it. Can't imagine it makes a ton of money, and with Salt Lake a hub for Delta, I'm sure travel was pretty cheap. The other viable options would have been Houston or Chicago, I guess. Will be interesting to see where it is next year, with the league down to six members. I'd guess it will be down to a three day event, since there would only be two quarterfinals, they can play both men and women on day 1.

I think that if possible, the tournament should have been in GF or Vermillion. I'm pretty sure there wouldn't have been any games with 50 people there. And that's not an exaggeration, from what I've been told about some of the games in Orem.

I think that if possible, the tournament should have been in GF or Vermillion. I'm pretty sure there wouldn't have been any games with 50 people there. And that's not an exaggeration, from what I've been told about some of the games in Orem.

Isn't this the second year in a row there? If so was it this bad last year? And how did they get it again? I had always thought that the Great West tried to spread things around.

Isn't this the second year in a row there? If so was it this bad last year? And how did they get it again? I had always thought that the Great West tried to spread things around.

Not sure. I guess the attendance for the UVU-USD men's game was decent last night, but with no local teams playing tonight, it's likely going to be really bad.

I caught Kolpack talking up the Summit on the WDAy Saturday morning sports show today. Apparently, the women's final was broadcast on ESPN-U. The announcers repeatedly called SDSU "San Diego State" and put Oakland University in Rochester, Minn., instead of Rochester, Michigan. Apparently, ineptitude is NOT in short supply when it comes to producing low mid-major tourneys.

I caught Kolpack talking up the Summit on the WDAy Saturday morning sports show today. Apparently, the women's final was broadcast on ESPN-U. The announcers repeatedly called SDSU "San Diego State" and put Oakland University in Rochester, Minn., instead of Rochester, Michigan. Apparently, ineptitude is NOT in short supply when it comes to producing low mid-major tourneys.

I heard about that, also. Hard to believe some tv announcers apparently don't do basic homework before they call a game.

Great West Final - UND down 27-18 with 6:30 left in first half.

Great West website is wrong again, they have the teams mixed up and UND ahead, CS actually up 33-25 with 4 minutes left in the half.

How hard can it be to match the team to the name?

UND down 39-30 at the half. I guess Chicago State is just a bad matchup for the Sioux this year. Hard to believe considering CSU has virtually the identical personnel as last year, when UND swept the season series.

CSU only plays seven players, so hopefully UND's depth can wear them down in the second half.

UND down 39-30 at the half. I guess Chicago State is just a bad matchup for the Sioux this year. Hard to believe considering CSU has virtually the identical personnel as last year, when UND swept the season series.

CSU only plays seven players, so hopefully UND's depth can wear them down in the second half.

Hopefully UND puts some full court pressure on them to do just that. I thought they should have tried that when they were trailing during the game in Grand Forks.