SiouxSports.com Forum

Polls For Hobey Baker

GO_FIGHTING_SIOUX_GO

[On the Hobey Baker Website they're starting to take Polls for who you think should win Hobey this year Matt Frattin and Chay Genoway are on the list but Denny Urban from Robeert Morris is in the lead with 70% of the votes. Come on Sioux fans lets support our boys and get them on the board and show them why we are the best!!! Go Sioux!!!

That is impressive to say the least. 888 votes today at like noon. Sioux fans come together and now there is over 6k votes with Frattin in first. The best thing about it though is that he deserves the Hobey if the season ends today, so I have no problem with Sioux fans flooding the site.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this voting accounts for about 1%? of the votes to be nominated to be in the final 10?

Here is what I found on hobeybaker.com, not sure if it answers your question or not. But it looks like the fans count along with the coaches to determine the top 10....then, it is narrowed down by a committee? If I have this right?

Hobey Baker Memorial Award Selection Process

Every head hockey coach at an accredited Division I NCAA school receives one ballot. Coaches are asked to pick the top three players in their league and the top three players in the nation (two separate rankings, three players each; a player may be listed in both places, and a coach can vote for his own player).

Coaches from 58 schools receive a ballot. Those ballots, along with Vote for Hobey's Preliminary Voting results, are tabulated by an accounting firm to determine the 10 finalists.

This top ten advances to the Selection Committee, which decides the eventual winner from the top ten. This committee is composed of print media, electronic media, NHL scouts, and the American Hockey Coaches Association (college hockey coaches). Its members are spread out among the hockey-playing section of the United States. The committee also includes an individual from USA Hockey.

Selection Committee terms are three years, and members may be reappointed. Selection Committee nominees are approved by a six-member Advisory Committee representing expertise in all facets of hockey.