SiouxSports.com Forum

Fighting SIOUX vs Fighting Irish - gobble gobble

AZSIOUX

You guys are really entertaining. The few of you guys who aren't complete homers had no problem admitting Notre Dame's superiority over North Dakota in almost everything, in the next 5 to 10 years I do believe hockey will be another thing they take over in.

The Sioux brag about their success in a sport that only comes first in a handful of schools. Ask Gopher fans whats more important? Hockey? or athletic sports such as football and basketball? Everyone wants to win in the latter two. Ask Michigan, Ohio State, Wisconsin, Boston College, or any school that is Division 1 in all sports what comes first and they will flat out tell you. Do they enjoy the success their hockey teams have? Absolutely.

As far as Fighting Irish being hostile and abusive......the people of Ireland disagree. Notre Dame plays for a variety of trophies in football contests including the shillelaugh(spellling?), the jeweled shillelaugh, and the Ireland trophy which have all been crafted in Ireland. They have also played games in Ireland before, and have plans in the making to play there again in the future. As far as the Sioux goes, I'm less educated on that discussion except that I do not know any other school that had to change their name because they all easily got tribal approval. Some examples being The Utes of Utah, Chippewa of Central Michigan, and the Seminoles of Florida State. I do know that UND couldn't get one of the tribes to EVEN VOTE on the matter. You were given several years to get it taken care of and couldn't do it. Interesting trivia bit you may all appreciate is that UND switched their name to the Fighting Sioux following NDSU becoming the Bison because Sioux hunt Bison. If that isn't pathetic then I don't really know what is. Can you imagine if your local hometown switched their mascot so it is a predator of your rival? Should Minnesota switch their name to the French-Canadian Badger Trappers? No!

This name change will only benefit your university in the long run and in that, I wish you good luck.

On the Plains of North Dakota, standing there for all to see,

was an old abandoned outhouse that they call the University (you guys might be too dumb to get that they imply UND)

Hail the Bison, Hail the Bison, with their tails up in the air,

University, University, you can kiss whats under there.....

(BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOMBOOMBOOMBOOMBOOM)

We're the MIGHTY BISON and who the !@#$ ARE YOU!

• Downvote 7

Kid, we get it.

You're a NDSU student with absolutely no life who has nothing better to do on Thanksgiving break than troll on this board about something that has nothing to do with you or your school.

Now put down your mom's laptop and resume inflating your date for tonight.

You guys are really entertaining. The few of you guys who aren't complete homers had no problem admitting Notre Dame's superiority over North Dakota in almost everything, in the next 5 to 10 years I do believe hockey will be another thing they take over in. The Sioux brag about their success in a sport that only comes first in a handful of schools. Ask Gopher fans whats more important? Hockey? or athletic sports such as football and basketball? Everyone wants to win in the latter two. Ask Michigan, Ohio State, Wisconsin, Boston College, or any school that is Division 1 in all sports what comes first and they will flat out tell you. Do they enjoy the success their hockey teams have? Absolutely.

Well, Notre Dame is superior to ndsu in everything right now. So whats your point?

And don't mean to bust your bubble but they did a poll in Minneapolis about the most popular sport on UMn campus and hockey won hands down. Not that I care but I was living in Minneapolis at the time and was pretty suprised.

You guys are really entertaining. The few of you guys who aren't complete homers had no problem admitting Notre Dame's superiority over North Dakota in almost everything, in the next 5 to 10 years I do believe hockey will be another thing they take over in.

:) Reading this is a little like hearing Cousin Eddie Griswald boast about how much money and power the Rockefellers have.

And judging by tonight, not much.

UND and NDSU both have huge traditions as North Dakota colleges. I am a huge Fighting Sioux fan and curently live in Missouri and I see a tone of UND fans wearing Sioux clothing have yet to see one NDSU fan. I will give some credit to Oshie but not alot. Here are the facts as I know them UND (1883)has been around longer than NDSU(1890). Also I used to work at Scheels and I know for a fact that the Scheels in Fargo sells alot more UND clothing than NDSU. Also if you go to the College shop in the mall of America they sell more UND clothing than any other college except the Gophers. OK now that is over, back to this thread that was started to talking about a HOCKEY game. Yes this thread is about HOCKEY and we did win today. It was a great game to watch. Just remember that UND is the ONLY college hockey team that will have every single home game televised nationally and that says something for us. Idon't see many NDSU games here in Missouri but I do get all of the UND home hockey games and most of the away games. I will agree that Hockey isn't the biggest sport out there but as far as college sports go its in the top 5. Thats my take on thing if you don't like them oh well it doesn't hurt my feeling one bit.

Wow you're an absolute buffoon.

Well, Notre Dame is superior to ndsu in everything right now. So whats your point?

And don't mean to bust your bubble but they did a poll in Minneapolis about the most popular sport on UMn campus and hockey won hands down. Not that I care but I was living in Minneapolis at the time and was pretty suprised.

NDSU would kick notre dame in agriculture and pharmacy(if notre dame has it).

• Downvote 1

NDSU would kick notre dame in agriculture and pharmacy(if notre dame has it).

Hahaha, good for you. You may be better than them at something they may not have. Did it take you all night to think of that? Thanks for the great laugh to start my Saturday. Now I have to go clean the coffee off of my computer screen.

:lol::lol::lol::lol: