SiouxSports.com Forum

UND@Montana

Hansel

UND has a chance to essentially end Montana's consecutive playoff appearance streak next weekend. (Montana could in theory be in a three-way tie for the autobid with a victory over MSU, but that would require EWU to lose to ISU). The only schools Montie has beat by more than three points this year are Western St, Idaho St, and UNC. I expect a close game- with Montie pulling it out in the end.

UND has a chance to essentially end Montana's consecutive playoff appearance streak next weekend. (Montana could in theory be in a three-way tie for the autobid with a victory over MSU, but that would require EWU to lose to ISU). The only schools Montie has beat by more than three points this year are Western St, Idaho St, and UNC. I expect a close game- with Montie pulling it out in the end.

If this were any UND team of 1999 to 2007 (other than 2002), I'd like our chances of at least keeping it close. This year? I don't see it happening. Just too many weaknesses on both sides of the ball.

I would start Hedrickson at QB if I were Mussman. He did seem to get some fire out of the offense. If UND can hang with them and be close at the end, who knows what could happen. I still say Montana is horribly over rated this year and there is a very real chance of UND upsetting them.

I would start hendrickson as well. I have multiple thoughts as to why hendrickson has been playing WR as opposed to backing up landry this/past years. 1. he's an athlete and they wanted him on the field(konrath, however i believe he is a much better throwing qb). 2. his attitude, I've heard many negative things about his attitude. 3. teammates reaction to him, this relates to #2 but I believe today the players looked like they responded well and he even provided a spark offensively.

I would love if UND "upset" montana, it would be a great step into the BSC. Do I think there is much hope of this happening? not really.

I was taking a look at the season statistics today after the game and the one thing that SHOCKS me is the lack of productivity at the WR position. Of our top 5 leading receivers only 3 of them are WR( it was only 2 prior to today), hardin, dressler, and mcgill. With dressler being hurt I would start hardin and mcgill from this point on. Let's build some chemistry and build experience. Get them the ball in a variety of ways, receptions, rushes, reverses, "wildcat". I've mentioned this before but why hasn't anderson showed up yet? If he doesn't do anything in these next couple of games and still receives hype next year i'm going to wonder what the writers/coaches are smoking. I've thought our OL has actually played decent this year, they started shaky but I believe they have gelled nicely.

Defensivly hendrickson is a beast. We NEED him to be successful. I thought Goodman is starting to look better. He will be a good MLB. Let's get as much PT out of our young OLB's as possible, bennett and anderson have looked a lot better the past couple weeks. let's use them. I like the way our DL has played this year. Hopefully they can keep it up and we have young guys ready to step in. Boyle and belmore are beasts, gonna be sad to see them go. Devin benjamin is a strong young man and hopefully will provide a solid "rock" in the middle for the next few years, however we are going to have to find a pass rusher opposite brennamen next year. I like our young secondary but something has to change. We've given up way to many easy big plays and still consistently give up the short pass. Perhaps a new philosophy is in order(coaching change). Does anybody have any insight as to why watkins hasn't played much lately? I thought I even remember hearing he was back on scout team?

Just my two thoughts after a difficult season. Let's win these last two and it will add a bit of enthusiasm for the team, and hopefully a pathetic student following this year.

For those that will be at the game, I have organized an indoor pregame party. The details are below from the email sent to alumni in the area. I know tailgating is huge in Missoula for the Montana games, but it is just too hard to try an organize something big with me not living in Missoula. Doing it at an indoor place is just way easier to pull off since they provide everything. So for those that will be there and don't want to tailgate or tailgating is not an option, this is available. Any questions, let me know!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UND Football is Coming to MISSOULA!

Attention UND Alumni and Friends:

UND Football is Coming to Missoula

For those that will be at the game, I have organized an indoor pregame party. The details are below from the email sent to alumni in the area. I know tailgating is huge in Missoula for the Montana games, but it is just too hard to try an organize something big with me not living in Missoula. Doing it at an indoor place is just way easier to pull off since they provide everything. So for those that will be there and don't want to tailgate or tailgating is not an option, this is available. Any questions, let me know!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UND Football is Coming to MISSOULA!

Attention UND Alumni and Friends:

UND Football is Coming to Missoula

I can't be there but I sure appreciate your efforts in putting this together. I hope you have a good turnout!

I just hope the team that played at NIU and Cal Poly shows up and not the team that played UCD, USD, SUU, and Idaho. What a Jekyll and Hyde group! Any word on TV coverage in the Twin Cities?

I just hope the team that played at NIU and Cal Poly shows up and not the team that played UCD, USD, SUU, and Idaho. What a Jekyll and Hyde group! Any word on TV coverage in the Twin Cities?

They are playing with a backup QB as the starter broke his arm (season ending). This kid is most definitely prone to throw some pics. Watching yesterdays game you guys played, I saw some nice interceptions by your CB.......pressure the QB, get a few turnovers, and you have a horserace. Also, when I saw Montana play at Weber, the Griz seemed to have problems defending against the run......some big problems.

They are playing with a backup QB as the starter broke his arm (season ending). This kid is most definitely prone to throw some pics. Watching yesterdays game you guys played, I saw some nice interceptions by your CB.......pressure the QB, get a few turnovers, and you have a horserace. Also, when I saw Montana play at Weber, the Griz seemed to have problems defending against the run......some big problems.

Our Griz defense is an abomination against the run this year. Really and truly, it is almost embarrassing. All student-athletes should be applauded for their hard work and dedication, but this year's team is utterly horrid. Even the vaunted 'Home Field Advantage' for the Griz doesn't seem to make any difference this year. With the Big Sky Title streak already ended, our playoff chances are bleak as well. If we do make the playoffs, we will likely be embarrassed by an out of conference foe in the first or second round.

This years team just could not get it together as a unit, and the coaches certainly could not get it done with trying to implement a whole new scheme this early in their reign. You guys should give us a heck of a game next week, if not beat us down with a bit of a run game.

Our Griz defense is an abomination against the run this year. Really and truly, it is almost embarrassing. All student-athletes should be applauded for their hard work and dedication, but this year's team is utterly horrid. Even the vaunted 'Home Field Advantage' for the Griz doesn't seem to make any difference this year. With the Big Sky Title streak already ended, our playoff chances are bleak as well. If we do make the playoffs, we will likely be embarrassed by an out of conference foe in the first or second round.

This years team just could not get it together as a unit, and the coaches certainly could not get it done with trying to implement a whole new scheme this early in their reign. You guys should give us a heck of a game next week, if not beat us down with a bit of a run game.

I think Mike Breske is a problem. We had him for a year as DC and this year after running him off (if he had not resigned he likely would have been fired) the Bison D is about 200% better. Surprisingly I hear few Griz fand bitch about Beske..........

All Montana games are on KU Band TV (just like the FSSN games) so Senser's should be able to get it.

• Upvote 1

as for the game...this might get ugly quick. When Montana gets rolling it is very hard to stop them

Living in Montana, I am stuck with the griz games on TV every week (I cheer against them mostly out of spite as the CBS affiliate shows 'griz games instead of SEC games which I would prefer to watch). Montana doesn't blow many teams out early, most games are competitive until the 4th quarter when Montana invariably makes a big play (INT, kick return, 3 and long conversion) which seals the game. Last year when Montana went 14-1 they still only beat 1-10 Idaho St by 2. I expect a close game, with Montana making a couple of plays in the 4th Q to win by 1-2 TDs.

I thought maybe they'd push the SEC games to CW since all the CBS affiliates in MT except for Glendive have CW on subchannel

Not that I know of, most of the time they show the last hr or so of SEC games after the Montana games are over. The MSU games are shown on the local ABC affiliate, but fortunately this year they started to put the regular ABC games on Fox when the MSU games are shown on ABC, hopefully they start to do that (on CW) with SEC games. I enjoy watching the good BSC games (UM-MSU, EWU-UM etc). However before this year it was frustating when ABC was supposed to show Texas-Oklahoma, and CBS was supposed to show Alabama-LSU, but I was stuck with Montana-Sac St, and MSU-Northern Colorado.

In terms of Breske, I grew up in Montana and am still a huge Griz football fan (while now living in Bismarck). He was our DC in 2001 when we won a NC. We had dominant defenses back then, with lots of blitzing. Pretty awesome style to watch (when it's working). Hopefully he just needs time to recruit the proper guys for his system. I think the Sioux will hang with the Griz this year. It has been a down year for sure for the Griz.

Living in Montana, I am stuck with the griz games on TV every week (I cheer against them mostly out of spite as the CBS affiliate shows 'griz games instead of SEC games which I would prefer to watch). Montana doesn't blow many teams out early, most games are competitive until the 4th quarter when Montana invariably makes a big play (INT, kick return, 3 and long conversion) which seals the game. Last year when Montana went 14-1 they still only beat 1-10 Idaho St by 2. I expect a close game, with Montana making a couple of plays in the 4th Q to win by 1-2 TDs.

Exactly how we feel when NDSU games are put on! :angry:

At least this year they've mostly been on NBC.

FB NOTES: Sioux head west to take on No. 17/13 Montana - www.fightingsioux.com

Saturday's game will also be broadcast live on the following channels:

* Fighting Sioux Sports Network (Cable affiliates throughout North Dakota and NW Minnesota)

* Midco Sports Network channel 27 ( North and South Dakota)

Coverage begins at 1 p.m. (central)

GO SIOUX

Griz begin crucial season-ending homestand

If the Sioux could hang their hat on this.....

COMMON OPPONENT: Montana and North Dakota have one common opponent this season in Cal Poly. UND lost 22-21 at Cal Poly on Oct. 23, while Montana lost 35-33 to the host Mustangs on Sept. 11. UND closes out its season at South Dakota State next week.

it would be a close game.

Playing for pride. Playing for the future.

Go Sioux.