SiouxSports.com Forum

Yale @ Sioux

mksioux

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Parise just relieved Brandt. Why not Ziggy?

I believe Ziggy was the back-up last night and Parise tonite. I think Parise got back in the game tonite because Blais feels he didn't have a great game last night and wants him to get some time in the net before next weekend to get the bad taste out of his mouth.

That's my guess. I thought Blais waited a long time to put Ziggy in last night and what made sense to me was that Blais was giving Parise as much time as possible to turn around what might not have been his best effort. I don't think Blais wanted him leaving the ice feeling poorly about his performance.

Just my guess.

jake started tonight thats great! But getting pulled in the 3rd period..what the hell is going on..???who is running the show...???Parissee............

sounds like some family politics going on here...A goalie getting pulled on a shot-out...what is going on?:D?;)?;)?;)??

Blaiss has no goalie sense....

Why anybody? I'm not sure if I've ever seen the coach pull a goalie with a shutout going.

I can understand pulling Brandt, because he did want to use every goalie. BUT, ziggy only played one period last night.

He must have wanted to get Parise some confidence.

Blaiss has no goalie sense....

If my guess as posted above is correct I don't agree with you.

Blais has 3 goalies he wanted to get time this weekend. Ziggy is the one who got left out a bit, not Brandt. I think it is a good move. Brandt played a very good game and was not scored on. Let Parise get a little time to hopefully play well and feel good about his play. If that works, he's got his top goalies both feeling good going into next weekend.

first of all Parisse performance was horrible!!! 10 shots 4 goals.......

blaiss always said his goalies had to perform 90% or better.....get the drift of who is running the show...parisseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee..

who wants ziigy in net...he has little experience..why don't we get a goalie with experience...

first of all Parisse performance was horrible!!! 10 shots 4 goals.......

blaiss always said his goalies had to perform 90% or better.....get the drift of who is running the show...parisseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee..

who wants ziigy in net...he has little experience..why don't we get a goalie with experience...

I wish Brandt would have stayed in. I've always thought he played better than everyone gives him credit for. I just figured ziggy would get another period so that each played 2. Blais has been saying that ziggy looks very good in practice.

Blais said he was happy with the Sioux transition game tonite. Hopes we have some of that straightened out for the future.

He's also happy with the balanced scoring through all lines.

Parise says his knee is almost 100%. He says the team is ready to go against MN. Who cares what has happened in the past couple of years at the Ralph, this is a new team. I like his spunk.

Schneider said earlier he'd be ready to play next week against MN but Blais sounded doubtful. High ankle sprain.

first of all Parisse performance was horrible!!! 10 shots 4

Exactly. Which is why Blais put him back in tonight when UND was dominating. He gave JP a chance to face some rubber and make some stops and build some confidence leading into the huge weekend coming up.

Once again, it appears like solid coaching.

As for two goalies "sharing" the shutout, who cares, it is still a shutout and gives TWO goalies a boost.

it sounds like blaiss is playing mind games again with his goalies...

brandt is the returining goalie....

Wow...take a deep breath (please!). Deano doesn't play mind games IMHO. If ever there was a human being with whom which one completely understands their standing it is one Coach Dean Blais. I think you might be looking at this from the wrong angle. I think Deano made the goalie switch so that Jaker didn't give up one where his team left him out to dry (which could well have happened given the non-competiveness of the game) thereby ruining his SO. Also, I think he wanted to show JP that he still had confidence in him regardless of last night's sub-standard (freshman) performance. I think you can take it for granted that had JP not responded in kind that he would not receive such consideration again in the near future. Bottom line is DB values game performance above all else, but attitude and work ethic follow as a close second. The last couple of years may not have ended as all of us would have liked. This has not shaken one bit my faith in DB, however. IMHO, he is the finest college hockey coach in the game today, and arguably, ever. To try to split hairs in a 10-0 Sioux victory is beyond belief.

To try to split hairs in a 10-0 Sioux victory is beyond belief.

I agree. My objection to pulling Brandt is nothing like clschneid's diatribe. I understand why DB made the switch and it has nothing to do with head games. But at the same time, I know how important shut-outs are to goalies. Anytime a goalie is so close to one, it has to be tough to be pulled...for whatever reason.

Wow...take a deep breath (please!). Deano doesn't play mind games IMHO.

From what I've heard from a few players, he does play some mind games. Maybe not with the great players, but with those guys who are in and out all the time.

Don't forget the way the goalies were treated last year. His nickname was Dr. Hook.

Again, not to split hairs ;) , but I don't think DB plays mind games for this reason. His actions (or perhaps more accurately, reactions) should not come as a surprise to anyone, especially his players. I think they all know, explained to them in plain English by DB himself, what is expected of them, AND what may result if they fail to live up to expectations. Sure, he might not understand goalies, but who the hell does? :D