SiouxSports.com Forum

Yale @ Sioux

mksioux

Here's what Blais said after the game about why he replaced Brandt with Parise in the third period:

We had that in mind, just trying to keep everyone sharp. It's tough getting Jordan out of there last night and Nate in, which is good for Nate. Hopefully, we can do more of that. The shutout didn't mean the much to Jake. He knows that he'll be in the mix of things next weekend. He's played well.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

While shutouts do matter to a goalie...they aren't extremely important. Especially not against a team like Yale. That's like saying you swept UAA...not the hardest thing in the world to do. :D

I think Jake knows that having 2+ good goaltenders with great confidence is better for the team than just having 1 with a bunch of shutouts. Blaiser knows whats going on...I trust him and considering he has done that whole 2 Nat. Champs thing...I guess I can let him run the best team in the nation.

Here's what Blais said after the game about why he replaced Brandt with Parise in the third period:

That quote doesn't make me feel any better. Brandt will be in the mix? He should be starting Friday and Saturday unless he does really bad in the first game. Parise has shown that he is not ready for the big games.

That quote doesn't make me feel any better. Brandt will be in the mix? He should be starting Friday and Saturday unless he does really bad in the first game. Parise has shown that he is not ready for the big games.

Are you sure? Are you saying that Parise's win against UMD was meaningless? How about his earning of the WCHA rookee of the week?

Seriously though, Jordan had a bad game. But hey, 3 goals on 9 shots or so isn't great. Remember, one of those four goals was scored against Ziggy. I don't think we should be running to the forefront calling for heads to roll. Good grief, it was YALE. He's a freshman. With this mindset, you might as well start slamming Murray for only having one goal and Zach for waiting this late to get a goal let alone three. Give it a rest.

Now that sacrasm has left me. It was a good series, lopsided, but good.

Great officiating. Every penalty was understandable. Yes, even the fracas concerning the Brandt incident. Stafford should have continued to let himself be headlocked and then he could have drawn a four on 3 power play for us but he reltaliated and drew a penalty. Trust me, every penalty was a penalty.

My only regret is that #5 from Yale (Mole his name is I think) didn't get flattened by Greene on top of Porter's smack down. You don't slash a goalie regardless of which team it is and who he is.

Regardless, I am sure that Brandt will start both games unless we blow them away on Friday (highly doubtful).

Are you sure? Are you saying that Parise's win against UMD was meaningless? How about his earning of the WCHA rookee of the week?

I am very sure. :D UMD had three days of practice before the game. I would probably play Ziggy in a big game before Parise. However, there is no need to do that. Brandt has played great, as he did last year, and Blais needs to get his gut checked if he still thinks there is a problem with Brandt.

Blais, as usual, seems right on this one.

* Minnesota runs goalies. They ran Berkhoel twice this weekend on what can only be described as deliberate, intentional plays. Riddle's included a stick to the head, and Vanek on the other ...

* So we need two confident goalies. While it seems likely Jake gets the start, we may need the backup for one or more reasons ...

* and getting JP a bit more confidence is more important than getting a shutout in the books.

Blais, as usual, seems right on this one.

* Minnesota runs goalies. They ran Berkhoel twice this weekend on what can only be described as deliberate, intentional plays. Riddle's included a stick to the head, and Vanek on the other ...

* So we need two confident goalies. While it seems likely Jake gets the start, we may need the backup for one or more reasons ...

* and getting JP a bit more confidence is more important than getting a shutout in the books.

Using that logic (which I'm not doubting) anyone wish to bet that happens at the Ralph this weekend?

Also, anyone want to bet that Porter, Greene, Smaby, Prpich, and gang take exception to that? And on that note, anyone want to bet that, after the ensuing melee, Shep gives Minnesota the benefit of the powerplay? I can't wait to hear how many times that is going to happen.

I expect Brandt to start both games. Parise backs up Friday, Ziggy on Saturday.