SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ UAA & ALASKA

AZSIOUX

So, I've been thinking.

For years now, we've been a dump it, chase it, cycle it type offense, and look for opportunities from there. With our depth at forward AND defense, should Hak try implementing more of a run and gun style offense. It seems like every year we get matched up against an East coast school who we are convinced won't be able to matchup with our physical style of play in all three zones, only to lose to a run and gun offense while our offense sits stagnant.

We have the skill to run and gun, and the defense to back up any potentital mistakes. I think grinding out all our goals may hinder our offense more than help it this year. However, if teams want to get physical, we are still big enough and strong enough to beat the other team at their own game, if they choose.

Drop the puck. :)

1. He will need to play to develop.

2. It is his draft year - it would be good for him and the program if his draft stock went up and not down this year. The only way his stock goes up is if he plays.

I'm sure the coaching staff will do what's best for the team = what would be good is to have a talented/highly touted prospect get better under their watch.

Agreed, now tell me how he fits in? Who sits instead? Forbort? Some nights probably. Lapoint? Marto? Like as has been said, I'll eat my shoe if either of those guys sit.

Agreed, now tell me how he fits in? Who sits instead? Forbort? Some nights probably. Lapoint? Marto? Like as has been said, I'll eat my shoe if either of those guys sit.

I'm sure the staff brought him in, knowing his situation, expecting him to play - I don't think he was brought in as "insurance" if injuries occur.

As I said before, barring injuries, this could be our "regular" lineup by Christmas (mix size and speed in pairings)

Genoway/Forbort

Blood/Simpson

Marto/Lapoint

McWilliams was simply too good as a freshman to be left out as a sophomore. Unless he or one of the others came in out of shape or doesn't perform to expectations during practices and/or when they are playing in games. I can't see how any one of the 7 can sit.

I'm sure the staff brought him in, knowing his situation, expecting him to play - I don't think he was brought in as "insurance" if injuries occur.

As I said before, barring injuries, this could be our "regular" lineup by Christmas (mix size and speed in pairings)

Genoway/Forbort

Blood/Simpson

Marto/Lapoint

I don't see McWilliams sitting. Hakstol said in today's paper that he might play 7 defensemen.

Genoway/Forbort

Blood/Simpson

Marto/Lapoint

From today's Herald:

One of the big mysteries is how the Sioux will work all of their talented defensemen into the lineup. Hakstol said the coaching staff has discussed the possibility of dressing seven defensemen instead of the usual six, but that

McWilliams was simply too good as a freshman to be left out as a sophomore. Unless he or one of the others came in out of shape or doesn't perform to expectations during practices and/or when they are playing in games. I can't see how any one of the 7 can sit.

I don't see McWilliams sitting. Hakstol said in today's paper that he might play 7 defensemen.

I think you mean MacWilliam.

Anyone care to join in some wild speculation about what role Gleason will play? I fully admit I have no idea what kind of forward he would make...but I'd be interested to see him split some time with Brunetooth, Rowny, or possibly even Cichy. I just really liked what I saw from him last year and think it is a shame to think the only way he gets back on the ice is if a d-man gets hurt. Maybe its not even considered WILD speculation to think he will skate forward (since he is listed as D/Fwd) - but I would have guessed if that was a REAL strong possibility we would have seen it against Manitoba. Your thoughts?....

Is the game on the internet? I seem to remember that Alaska does an internet broadcast.

I'm in Minny and don't get FSN

Yeah on Friday night last year we were able to stream for free. The announcer from what I remember was actually pretty entertaining.

http://portal.gci.net/gcisports/uaa_hockey?DB_OEM_ID=13400

Hopefully we'll get lucky again.

That webcast I posted is the same as Brad's, looks like we are getting lucky and will get to see our Sioux in action! Hopefully the stream will be a little better than last year (although any free stream is a good stream). It was probably all the Sioux fans logging on to watch slowing it down....