SiouxSports.com Forum

Is Ed Schultz Movin’ On Up?

star2city

I'm going to go out on a limb here and predict that the voice of Sioux football in 2004 will be .... Dan Hammer.

I have no proof. It just looks to be setting up that way.

I'd say you are correct and I don't think it is much of a limb. I'm really not sure who else would be in line to do it right now, other than Hammer.

Love Eddie for entertainment value only. He will be in trouble if he gets into an unscripted debate, simply because he does not know and will have a hard time remembering where he stands on several issues since he has been on both sides of them just in the last 3 years. ??? He will do fine on a show where he is going to be a mouthpiece with some personality. The DNC will give him his script and he will go from there. When a caller gets into any serious debate with him and he gets confused by facts, he will simply talk over the caller and change the subject or drone them out. The Dems think that people are clamoring for another point of view on talk radio. :D Alan Colmes is as good as they have, and he is entertaining and pretty well informed, but sometimes you have to wonder if he really believes what he is saying. The Dems do not seem to realize that the reason conservative talk radio is popular is that many look for a medium where people are in touch with what they feel and believe and it sort of balances out the liberal spin that you get on CNN, ABC, NBC, MSNBC, and CBS.(If those mediums had any sense of balance, :) Talk Radio would not have anywhere near the popularity that it has because it would not be needed.)

Hi there... I read a few of your posts on SiouxSports.com and feel that you NEED an option to Ed Schultz for your liberal listening.

First off... Ed Schultz can only WISH that he was the number one liberal talk host in America... he needs to bow down at the REAL #1 liberal talk host - Randi Rhodes. Randi has the #1 show in South Florida... a much larger market than ND... and that is #1 over ALL other formats... not just talk.

On the station she airs her show, she follows Rush, and consistently doubles and even triples Rush's ratings...

She is also a part of this new push for Liberal Talk Radio - and was in Washington this past wednesday - the same day as Schultz - to be involved in raied the $1.8million... it was not all Ed... Ed was actually second banana to Randi. Randi is very well respected on Capitol Hill and was personally introduced by Sen. Bob Grahamwhen she was there on Wednesday.

Check out these two pages... Randi's offical page is http://www.therandirhodesshow.com - and to listen to her most recent shows, a dedicated listener has a 1 week rolling archive, and individual interviews with various Democratic politicians and other well-known liberal-leaning celebrities. The url for the archives site is http://www.geocities.com/randirhodesarchives

Let me know what you think once you listen to Randi... I believe that you will have the show you will listen to on a very regular basis to get your liberal talk...

Email me and we can chat about Randi...

Tom

Future guests who find this site by searching for "Ed Schultz" be warned -- advertising is NOT permitted in this forum.

Ed Schultz and his interest in the national stage is on topic because of his affiliation with UND athletics, and that topic will certainly include some politics and discussion of some of his competitors. However, blatant advertising is definitely over the line.

Hi there... I read a few of your posts on SiouxSports.com and feel that you NEED an option to Ed Schultz for your liberal listening.

First off... Ed Schultz can only WISH that he was the number one liberal talk host in America... he needs to bow down at the REAL #1 liberal talk host - Randi Rhodes. Randi has the #1 show in South Florida... a much larger market than ND... and that is #1 over ALL other formats... not just talk.

On the station she airs her show, she follows Rush, and consistently doubles and even triples Rush's ratings...

She is also a part of this new push for Liberal Talk Radio - and was in Washington this past wednesday - the same day as Schultz - to be involved in raied the $1.8million... it was not all Ed... Ed was actually second banana to Randi. Randi is very well respected on Capitol Hill and was personally introduced by Sen. Bob Grahamwhen she was there on Wednesday.

Check out these two pages... Randi's offical page is http://www.therandirhodesshow.com - and to listen to her most recent shows, a dedicated listener has a 1 week rolling archive, and individual interviews with various Democratic politicians and other well-known liberal-leaning celebrities. The url for the archives site is http://www.geocities.com/randirhodesarchives

Let me know what you think once you listen to Randi... I believe that you will have the show you will listen to on a very regular basis to get your liberal talk...

Email me and we can chat about Randi...

Tom

And do you have the ratings to back this statment up. Rush Limbaugh is the number one talk show host in the country. I doubt this liberal Host is kicking Rush's ass as you claim. Liberal have been trying for years to get an answer to Rush and they haven't as of yet. Ed Scultz is not fit to carry Rush's Jock.

Everytime Eddie gives out that fake yell "Sioux win, Sioux Win!" when Jeff Glas hits a field goal, it makes me want to puke. I remember when I was a kid watching the Sioux-Bison football game on TV. Eddie and Pat Sweeney would be doing the play by play and my mom would mute the TV and listen to the radio because we could not stand Eddie. This is when he was an avid Bison supporter. What happened to those strong ties? Now he switches from Republican to Democrat just because a very good canidate in John Hoeven came along? Come on Edward, show some class. I hope you do make it nationally and show the rest of the world that you do not know where you stand on anything because you switch your views every 3 to 4 years. I would have more respect for you if you would have stayed a Bison fan even after your boy, Rocky Hager, was canned.

Pledge your allegiance and stick with it!

P.S. And quit yelling on the radio. That would never cut it on ESPN radio bro.

And do you have the ratings to back this statment up. Rush Limbaugh is the number one talk show host in the country. I doubt this liberal Host is kicking Rush's ass as you claim. Liberal have been trying for years to get an answer to Rush and they haven't as of yet. Ed Scultz is not fit to carry Rush's Jock.

Did I miss something? Is Rush back on the radio or is he still strapped to a bed in rehab screaming for his cleaning ladies phone number? With both Rush and Eddie on the airwaves I think I'm gonna have to get me some good pain killers as well.

I read that Rush will be back on the air sometime next week, I believe. I expect a Jimmy Swaggert-like act of contrition. "I have gotten high, Lord." (tears) ;):)

Maybe Rush could get Tammy Faye to sing a duet with him, too. :0:)