SiouxSports.com Forum

2011 NCAA Tourney Xcel Energy Center

Ice Arena Man

Got my notification today from NCAA. Got tickets to 2011 Finals in St Paul. Can't wait for the season to begin. Looking forward to going to games at Bemidji, St Cloud, and Mankato and Final 6 at thge X. I should have labeled it 2011 Finals at Xcel. OOPS :blush:

I get what you are saying but just to point out..it is still the Final Five in St. Paul. The name of it did not change, the name now refers to the number of games being played and not the amount of teams at the tournament.

Did they notify you by e-mail,I also put in but have not heard anything yet.

I got a letter today in the mail from the NCAA. Got two tickets. This will be my second final 4. Went to DC two years ago. Had tickets last year in Detroit but did not go. Should be fun this year. Looking forward to going again.

I get what you are saying but just to point out..it is still the Final Five in St. Paul. The name of it did not change, the name now refers to the number of games being played and not the amount of teams at the tournament.

Both the Final 5 and the Frozen 4 are at the X this year so I'm confused which tickets they got...I think they mean NCAA Frozen Four

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

My sons and I each applied for four tickets. We got four for sure! My mail is forwarded so I don't know if I got four or not. My other son hasn't heard yet either. Wooohoooo, glad I got my rooms for both the Final 5 and Frozrn 4!! I can't wait!!!

FYI http://www.ticketnews.com/news/NCAA-and-Ticketmaster-dealt-potential-blow-over-Final-Four-ticket-lotteries081004832

Because thousands of people enter the NCAA lottery for tournament tickets each year, the NCAA could potentially lose tens of thousands of dollars in revenue. The lotteries are not only held for men's basketball tournament, but also the women's basketball tournament and the men's hockey Frozen Four, among other NCAA championships.

WoooHoooo!!! Got my letter today, four more tickets for the 'Sioux-cia' family. As far as I know the third member, Phats, who applied for four hasn't heard. If he got four, we'll be selling the extra to Sioux fans for cost.

We all applied so we would have a greater chance of getting enough tickets for the entire family. Given my 'zero' wins in the past, I'm more than pleasantly surprised that two of us won!

Can anyone tell me what kind of prices the tickets usually go for on the secondary market?

Frozen 4 is on my bucket list.

It depends on where it is and who's in it. If UND gets to the Frozen Four it will be a very hot ticket going well over face. In the case of St. Louis, they were giving them away. Denver...tough ticket.

WoooHoooo!!! Got my letter today, four more tickets for the 'Sioux-cia' family. As far as I know the third member, Phats, who applied for four hasn't heard. If he got four, we'll be selling the extra to Sioux fans for cost.

We all applied so we would have a greater chance of getting enough tickets for the entire family. Given my 'zero' wins in the past, I'm more than pleasantly surprised that two of us won!

Ahhh, stink. I completely missed the cutoff and was planning on putting in for the lottery this year. Sioux-cia, if you end up with extra tickets you're looking to get rid of, I'd be more than happy to take them off your hands! :D Either way, kudos on the integrity to not jack up the price. Otherwise, looks like it might be a long couple months of trying to find some scalper selling them - ugh, I hate people intentionally buying tickets to scalp them! :silly:

But at least I lucked out and got an additional seat for my season tickets, now just can't wait for the season to start!

Well, it looks like it's two outta three for the Sioux-cia family. Phats hasn't heard anything about his application for tickets (I'm not complaining). Does anyone know if the 'winners' are all notified on the same day or are the letters mailed out for several days?

Well, it looks like it's two outta three for the Sioux-cia family. Phats hasn't heard anything about his application for tickets (I'm not complaining). Does anyone know if the 'winners' are all notified on the same day or are the letters mailed out for several days?

CIA,I just got my notification today.I think it just took a few days depending on location.

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I'll have to check with Phats later tonight. Maybe he did get tickets.

Should also check your credit card. If you have a large credit back on there, good chance it was because you didn't get tickets.

would love to get the 4 extra if you got them let me know