SiouxSports.com Forum

Recruiting 2010/2011

GeauxSioux

Seriously, there is Noooooooooooooo way Lindahl plays at UND, or is even recruited to UND. He is the slowest moving human being I've seen in a long time. Most college coaches aren't sure he can play in the Mon-Dak, let alone DI bball. Kueber won't play inside and cannot guard anyone who remotely looks like a 1, 2, or 3. We don't need anymore ND kids on this roster. Go get real bigs (6'10) and more athletes like Huff.

Lindahl signed with Valley City State: http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/314144/group/Sports/

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lindahl signed with Valley City State: http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/314144/group/Sports/

Signs at Valley City but people (fans) think he could play here? Hmmm.............................we have to set our standards higher as fans and quit looking in state for Big Sky players. The next one in-state that has an "outside" chance at being a DI player is A.J. Jacobson from Fargo Shanley.

It appears the primary big kid we are after is Andre Ingram, a 6'7", 235, sophomore at Butler CC in Kansas. He is originally from Mpls. (Transitional). He averages 12.2 points and 7.4 rebounds in conference games. I get the impression that he is more of a "banger" but he was 13 for 13 FG shooting in one game and was 9 for 9 on FTs in another game. Also has offers from Boise St., USD and W IL.

It appears the primary big kid we are after is Andre Ingram, a 6'7", 235, sophomore at Butler CC in Kansas. He is originally from Mpls. (Transitional). He averages 12.2 points and 7.4 rebounds in conference games. I get the impression that he is more of a "banger" but he was 13 for 13 FG shooting in one game and was 9 for 9 on FTs in another game. Also has offers from Boise St., USD and W IL.

I kind of like our chances against USD and WIU for a Twin Cities kid, but Boise State is a pretty good program. Hopefully he wants to play relatively close to home.

I kind of like our chances against USD and WIU for a Twin Cities kid, but Boise State is a pretty good program. Hopefully he wants to play relatively close to home.

I just read that the Gophers are considering him to fill the scholarship left open when Iverson left. This kid looks good:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmkKoccQAgg

Washpun update:

• Iowa just offered so he now has offers from UND, NDSU, USD, SDSU and MO St and Iowa.

• With MO St's coach going to Tennessee, he may get an offer from the Vols as well. He is also hearing from BC, Clemson and Miami (FL).

[*]The kid has great jumping skills and must be great going to the basket. He shot 56% from the field this year but only 25% on 3 pointers. Amazingly, he shot only 52% on FTs.

Bottom line - it appears the odds of us getting him are remote!

I will start a new thread with some info regarding 2012 BB recruiting.

Looks like the gophers think he is worth a look as well.

Link

Washpun update:

• Iowa just offered so he now has offers from UND, NDSU, USD, SDSU and MO St and Iowa.

• With MO St's coach going to Tennessee, he may get an offer from the Vols as well. He is also hearing from BC, Clemson and Miami (FL).

[*]The kid has great jumping skills and must be great going to the basket. He shot 56% from the field this year but only 25% on 3 pointers. Amazingly, he shot only 52% on FTs.

Bottom line - it appears the odds of us getting him are remote!

I will start a new thread with some info regarding 2012 BB recruiting.

Just heard he committed to Iowa.

Any idea who else might be a possibility for the last scholarship?

I asked this very question to Assistant Coach Phillippe and he told me, "We have a young man coming in on an official visit this weekend. Signing period starts on the 13th, so news coming soon."

I assume if we dont know a name for this player coming in that isnt a good sign - hope I'm wrong.

I asked this very question to Assistant Coach Phillippe and he told me, "We have a young man coming in on an official visit this weekend. Signing period starts on the 13th, so news coming soon."

I assume if we dont know a name for this player coming in that isnt a good sign - hope I'm wrong.

Nothing personal, but you've got to love the difference between basketball fans at UND and NDSU. The AC gets a verbal from some guy no one has ever heard of, and the rubes at Siouxville proclaim him a "bigtime get," 'explosive" and "athletic as hell." At UND? A player is scheduled for a recruiting visit and no one has learned his name -- spawning immediate speculation he must be a bum. :)

I guess I'm from the NFL school of who's the best available on the board. Guard, Forward or Center. It does appear that our guard talent evaluation has a pretty good track record with last years crop, so if we add another guard hopefully that trend will continue. I understand we need another 6'7 to 6'9 guy who can contribute but maybe they aren't out there. It appears every school in the country is looking for those guys. Hopefully, we can snag a few of those guys over the next couple of years, but don't just grab one for the sake of grabbing one, because I think we are past the point of having the time to develop a project right now, with only a year away from Big Sky. 3 years ago, I would say take the project try to develop, but as we are close now- I believe we need to find guys 6'7-6'9 that aren't so much a project as they are ready to step on the floor. Again, problem is everyone covets those so some years if they aren't there, we need to go get a guy that is going to make us better when they step on the floor. If it's a guard, so be it, just keep improving the teams talent level, is all I'm about.

I guess I'm from the NFL school of who's the best available on the board. Guard, Forward or Center. It does appear that our guard talent evaluation has a pretty good track record with last years crop, so if we add another guard hopefully that trend will continue. I understand we need another 6'7 to 6'9 guy who can contribute but maybe they aren't out there. It appears every school in the country is looking for those guys. Hopefully, we can snag a few of those guys over the next couple of years, but don't just grab one for the sake of grabbing one, because I think we are past the point of having the time to develop a project right now, with only a year away from Big Sky. 3 years ago, I would say take the project try to develop, but as we are close now- I believe we need to find guys 6'7-6'9 that aren't so much a project as they are ready to step on the floor. Again, problem is everyone covets those so some years if they aren't there, we need to go get a guy that is going to make us better when they step on the floor. If it's a guard, so be it, just keep improving the teams talent level, is all I'm about.

If we dont snag a BIG man either this year with our one scholarship or next year with only one scholarship I believe we are in trouble of making a legit run at a Big Sky conference title for this current freshmen class. We have the guards to do it right now, but we dont have the big body to bang with the Big Sky unless some sort of miracle happens with Wilmer or Archer. Brekke did a great job in the middle of the year against guys his size but constant foul problems at the end of the year worry me about a legit backup. The current freshmen class proved they can play with about anybody and with a couple more years under their belt they are serious contenders as long as they improve and the coaching staff gives them help underneath. What does another guard really do for us right now? We already have 2 new ones coming in next year.

Must have missed something, who is Wiki? Is he a BIG? A canadian guard is coming in for a visit this weekend. Please no more guards.

Click on "Wiki" at the top of this page. You will find a variety of information.

What if the guard is already better than the guards we currently or will have? Would you want that guard then? I can't say that he is, because I don't know, but what I'm saying is we should always be flexible and fluid when it comes to recruiting talent.

What if the guard is already better than the guards we currently or will have? Would you want that guard then? I can't say that he is, because I don't know, but what I'm saying is we should always be flexible and fluid when it comes to recruiting talent.

I am more than happy with our guards and depth at our guard position and to go with that they are all freshmen and should improve. They led us to 19 wins when nobody to start the season thought they would win 8. I would like to see the coaches give these guards the chance to grow without bringing more guards in when our obvious weakness is underneath against bigger and stronger opponents, which will be the case in the Big Sky. Time will tell but with only 2 scholarships available for this year and next I hate to see 2 more guards added. Does anyone know which guard is coming in this weekend? Go Sioux

I am more than happy with our guards and depth at our guard position and to go with that they are all freshmen and should improve. They led us to 19 wins when nobody to start the season thought they would win 8. I would like to see the coaches give these guards the chance to grow without bringing more guards in when our obvious weakness is underneath against bigger and stronger opponents, which will be the case in the Big Sky. Time will tell but with only 2 scholarships available for this year and next I hate to see 2 more guards added. Does anyone know which guard is coming in this weekend? Go Sioux

Are you sure there are two scholarships available? I thought it was only one?