SiouxSports.com Forum

NDSU enrollment keeps climbing

star2city

This blog made me chuckle. I hope you don't mind me posting. This is my first post on Sioux Sports. I am a Bison alumni but have enrolled for my masters at UND starting this fall. I researched advanced degrees in Finance from Wisconsin to Oregon and almost every college in between. UND has it all over the others --- hands down. After graduating from NDSU I joined the Army and served with the 101st Airborne and did a tour of duty in Iraq and another in Afghanistan. (There are three things that come from the sky: moisture, bird manure and fools!) Anyway, during my tour of Afghanistan I got acquainted with a number of pilots who where UND alumni. Without question they are among the best in the world; if not the very best. It will be an honor to be a part of the same campus that these courageous people attended. Geez, I can't believe I'm saying this but ----- "Go Sioux!!!"

Thank you for your service!!!! Go Sioux!

Welcome to Sioux Sports...

siouxc17.jpg

This picture was taken inside a C17 Globemaster by a friend of mine on his way to Afghanistan. He is a NDSU grad and proud Team Maker but he earns his living with the degree he obtained from UND.

:D

That is awesome and gave me goose bumps. Thank you all for your service to this country. Welcome aboard Backpages and good luck with your graduate program.

This blog made me chuckle. I hope you don't mind me posting. This is my first post on Sioux Sports. I am a Bison alumni but have enrolled for my masters at UND starting this fall. I researched advanced degrees in Finance from Wisconsin to Oregon and almost every college in between. UND has it all over the others --- hands down. After graduating from NDSU I joined the Army and served with the 101st Airborne and did a tour of duty in Iraq and another in Afghanistan. (There are three things that come from the sky: moisture, bird manure and fools!) Anyway, during my tour of Afghanistan I got acquainted with a number of pilots who where UND alumni. Without question they are among the best in the world; if not the very best. It will be an honor to be a part of the same campus that these courageous people attended. Geez, I can't believe I'm saying this but ----- "Go Sioux!!!"

Really? UND finance was hands down better than Carlson?

Ok...to each his own.

Really? UND finance was hands down better than Carlson?

Ok...to each his own.

Mpls Bison: I will answer your comment. I did extensive research into a Masters in Finance. After I had gathered the information I was seeking, but before I did on campus visits, this is how I rated the schools:

1. Minnesota (Carlson) and North Dakota (tie)

3. Wisconsin and Oregon (tie)

5. St. Cloud

6. Iowa

After the visits my ratings changed:

1. North Dakota

2. Oregon

3. St. Cloud

4. Wisconsin

5. Iowa

My dad was a Vietnam Veteran and he and other Nam vets told stories of how they were treated after returning from Vietnam. They were made to feel little better than the lowest life form. After my visit to Carlson I can relate to that treatment.

Mpls Bison: I will answer your comment. I did extensive research into a Masters in Finance. After I had gathered the information I was seeking, but before I did on campus visits, this is how I rated the schools:

5. St. Cloud

6. Iowa

After the visits may ratings changed:

1. North Dakota

2. Oregon

3. St. Cloud

4. Wisconsin

5. Iowa

My dad was a Vietnam Veteran and he and other Nam vets told stories of how they were treated after returning from Vietnam. They were made to feel little better than the lowest life form. After my visit to Carlson I can relate to that treatment.

Well, if that is how you were treated by the U of MN, we all have yet ANOTHER reason to hate them. Here is a big "FU" to them from me.

5. St. Cloud

6. Iowa

1. North Dakota

2. Oregon

3. St. Cloud

4. Wisconsin

5. Iowa

I won't disagree that Carlson is known to have a lot of DB there.

5. St. Cloud

6. Iowa

1. North Dakota

2. Oregon

3. St. Cloud

4. Wisconsin

5. Iowa

I work at UND and I can attest that we are absolutely Military friendly. I have done tech support with many soldiers in iraq and afghanistan who through the fog of war are still taking classes. Unbelievable! I am also a senator on UND staff senate and whenever we have events that we take donations we always give them to Soliders Angels. As a service member that makes all the difference in selecting a school. Take note bison boy.

5. St. Cloud

6. Iowa

1. North Dakota

2. Oregon

3. St. Cloud

4. Wisconsin

5. Iowa

My dad told me the same thing and he was treated that way after Vietnam. I have nothing but the highest respect for the men and women who serve this country and keep it free. I salute you!!!