SiouxSports.com Forum

Yale Ideas

MinnesotaNorthStar

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The first game of the series is Halloween night. THAT circumstance has to inspire something!

I had an idea that tickled me involving a twist on the ever popular "Who's Your Daddy?" but then I thought, "No way this is going to be okay with the PG-13 crowd." So, I quickly bagged it.

We gotta do something with their goalie's uncle's invention (the Flowbee hair cutting tool). Check out www.flowbee.com if you are unfamiliar with this waste of a U.S. patent (pending). If the Flowbee has "950 max watts of suction," maybe goalie Cohen has "950 max watts of suck-tion"

Thanks NorthStar for putting up the topic. I'll keep working on some ideas and hope others will chime in here as inspiration strikes them.

We gotta do something with their goalie's uncle's invention (the Flowbee hair cutting tool). Check out www.flowbee.com if you are unfamiliar with this waste of a U.S. patent (pending). If the Flowbee has "950 max watts of suction," maybe goalie Cohen has "950 max watts of suck-tion"

The problem is that our team is too clean cut. If we had a team full of mullet heads then a sign like "FlowBee Free Zone" could work. :D

I had an idea that tickled me involving a twist on the ever popular "Who's Your Daddy?" but then I thought, "No way this is going to be okay with the PG-13 crowd." So, I quickly bagged it.

Let the students know...we're not exactly PG-13 ;):):(

The Flowbee....didn't it make an appearance in Wayne's World? :D

Cohen...950 watts of flowbee suck-tion

A couple of ideas...They're a little visual but I hope I can do them justice without the graphics

1. One sign, split in two. On one side, the heading "BEANIE" with a picture beneath of a Yale freshman beanie. On the other side, the heading "WEENIE" with a picture of a Yale player singled out for harassment. Viewing their anecdotes on www.yale.edu/athletic/Showcase/Mhockey/dog_tags.htm might help choose the target. My vote goes to Callahan who, in high school, undressed after the second period of a game, thinking it was over or Craig who, in his first ever hockey game, had three breakaways including one on his own net. His goalie made the save.

2. Two signs, displayed next to each other. On the first, the heading: "YOUR WELCOME MAT(T)"

and a picture of a door mat with Yale's Block "Y" or Bulldog logo in the center. On the other sign, the heading "OURS" with a pic of Matt Greene laying the smackdown on someone. Can even show the relative dimensions of the two Matts. THEIRS: 18" X 24". OURS: 6'3" X 224 lbs.

3. If you remember from last season's broadcast of the road game, the Yale arena is nicknamed "The Whale" because it has a humpback-shaped roof. Hence, the sign "WHALE ON YALE"

which also rhymes. Still thinking about an appropriate illustration.

4. Fourth sign reads:

"YALE UNIVERSITY

FOUNDED 1701

SWEPT 2003"

OR, to play off the perception of our lesser academic achievement:

"YALE UNIVERSITY

FOUNDED 1701

LOSTED 2003"

For the not-too-timid readers of this thread.. My "WHO'S YOUR DADDY" idea involved that phrase on a sign illustrated with masked, grinning, swimming spermatoazoa, the lead swimmer about to fertilize an egg.

Well, I said the "Who's Your Daddy" idea wasn't for the PG-13 set! But, one of you asked for the details, assuring me that students were at least NC17 in their thinking.

Wonder if PCM has a Matt Greene smackdown photo. I don't have access to any fancy computer or printing equipment so I appreciate the offer, soSIOUXme as I am willing to piece together these ideas into posters.

I think it would be great if, week in and week out, the fans would come up with some new ideas for roughing up the opposition from the stands. I noticed on Yale's dog-tag website that most of the Yalies like playing at Lynah--that's Cornell, right?--because the fans there are so over the top. Within reason--if THAT condition isn't setting us up to fail--there no reason why our student section couldn't be intimidating.

C'mon, you guys. Let's hear some ideas. You don't want to be out-done by someone almost as old as Cher, do you?

Damn Yale. They claim various years of the university's "founding," starting with 1701. I'll have to use the "Two source rule" here and try to nail it down. We wouldn't want to be inaccurate.

just a reminder in case anyone wants to make signs. Bochenski needs 2 points and Lundbohm 5 to make the century club.

I like the what the "elis" that but I don't know how many people will get it.

Of course we could make a sign that says "Tim Taylor and his Tools" but that may have been overdone in the past.

2. Two signs, displayed next to each other. On the first, the heading: "YOUR WELCOME MAT(T)"

and a picture of a door mat with Yale's Block "Y" or Bulldog logo in the center. On the other sign, the heading "OURS" with a pic of Matt Greene laying the smackdown on someone. Can even show the relative dimensions of the two Matts. THEIRS: 18" X 24". OURS: 6'3" X 224 lbs.

Excellent creativity.

A variation on the #2:

"Visitors are welcome here."

[Picture of Matt(s), with names so the locals can figure it out]

"Our Matt loves to Welcome visitors."

============================

OR,

"I really like your skates"

[Picture of Sioux player crunching an opponent]

"I just wouldn't want to be in them."

=============================

Or,

"Top 10 moments in Yale Hockey History":

10. (blank)

9. (blank)

8. (blank)

1. Losing only 9-0 to UND tonight.

Yane, the "Who's your daddy?" sign isn't that bad! I thought it was hilarious! I'd attempt to make the sign if I could figure out how to make little swimmers with helmets on them. :) For what it's worth, no one has stopped me coming into the arena before to check and make sure that my signs have been appropriate. Heck, when Flutie was "waving" to the BC players during warmups, the security guard by us came down just to make sure that I wouldn't have him blocking anyone's view during the game. Then he tells me that someone complained that all of Flutie's fingers except his middle one seemed to be stuck, and he told the person to let us have some fun. :) All of the security guards I've talked to have been pretty laid back and fun.

Thanks, forecheck. I think it's a hilarious idea, too, so maybe it's enough that you and I and others here got a giggle out of it. We don't want to offend families and start that whole "why must students be so profane" debate again.

I've got an idea for a sign contrasting the ECAC and the WCHA. Something like this:

"ECAC:

[picture of an intravenous therapy needle in an arm]

The I.V. League" *

*Get it? "I.V. League" = "Ivy League" Like Yale's gonna need a transfusion after our boys get through with them? The arm could even have a heart-shaped tattoo with the word "Mumsy" in it.

I'll keep working...

And I'll post a separate thread asking if anyone's got a picture of our Welcome Matt that they would lend us. Does anyone here think that the Ralph or our own Athletic Department, which must have tons of such pictures, would help us in this venture?

Thanks sosiouxme for the Yale mat picture. It's exactly what I had in mind.

After we're done brainstorming, could someone set up a poll to have readers vote on which posters/ideas, they like best? I'm willing to produce these at my own expense, assuming the expense is not too great. Of course, I wouldn't mind at all if someone else wants to share in the work.