SiouxSports.com Forum

New Logo (with pics)

Big A HG

At the end of the day, the new name will probably be some stupid-ass, harmless animal, like a chipmunk or some marketing slogan nobody can figure out ala "The Wild". Screw them, I have enough Sioux gear to wear for the next 200 years. :D And I will not buy anything with a "replacement" name or logo. :lol:

Exactly...probably on the lines of UND "Playful Manatees"! :angry:;)

In Fargo, UND gear is flying off the racks. People are stocking up!

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

At the end of the day, the new name will probably be some stupid-ass, harmless animal, like a chipmunk or some marketing slogan nobody can figure out ala "The Wild". Screw them, I have enough Sioux gear to wear for the next 200 years. :angry: And I will not buy anything with a "replacement" name or logo. :lol:

I'm with ya brother.I have 20 some Sioux jerseys and countless shirts and coats to last 5 lifetimes and I too will not buy anything with the new name on it.Long live the Fighting Sioux.

At the end of the day, the new name will probably be some stupid-ass, harmless animal, like a chipmunk or some marketing slogan nobody can figure out ala "The Wild". Screw them, I have enough Sioux gear to wear for the next 200 years. :angry: And I will not buy anything with a "replacement" name or logo. :lol:

I hope not. But,it's a real possibility. That's why my opinion is to not rush into getting a new name and logo. Let the dust settle for a awhile. We're the University of North Dakota and proud of it. UND has a nice ring to it and I don't believe we're going to be confused with the IRISH.

I shutter to think what 'c' word our women athletes could be called by our opponents if we adopt the Fighting Cocks. UGH!!

I'm with ya brother.I have 20 some Sioux jerseys and countless shirts and coats to last 5 lifetimes and I too will not buy anything with the new name on it.Long live the Fighting Sioux.

I am going to have to buy a few more Sioux hats, I have tons of stuff that I wear and I will not buy a new logo jersey. I am thinking about getting the logo tattooed on my calf. I am not sure what the WIFE would say about it

I am dressed in Green and Black and am forced to root for the Badgers as I hate BC today but I will be watching in full University of North Dakota Fighting Sioux Garb the best logo in all of sports.. Thanks for all you have done for Fighting Sioux Hockey Mr Engelstad!! God rest your soul we will not let this die at the hands of people who do not understand the depth of the love of the logo and nickname.. They do not know what they are doing it will come to lite.

Still haven't decided who I'm going to cheer for, probably neither, but I too will be there in full Fighting Sioux attire! Went to the Ford Museum complex yesterday. Twice had local people make positive comments on my son's Sioux hoodie and my Sioux jacket. We'll be wearing them at the Tigers ball game today.

I'll be wearing Sioux gear at every hockey event and whenever I feel like it for always. :lol:

I am dressed in Green and Black and am forced to root for the Badgers as I hate BC today but I will be watching in full University of North Dakota Fighting Sioux Garb the best logo in all of sports.. Thanks for all you have done for Fighting Sioux Hockey Mr Engelstad!! God rest your soul we will not let this die at the hands of people who do not understand the depth of the love of the logo and nickname.. They do not know what they are doing it will come to lite.

It's been kind of like a funeral for me... In a way I could see this day coming. I will still wear my stuff to the games after the logo is gone. If some said you can't wear that I would tell them come and get it. I don't think the SBoHE has a clue what kind of wound they have have opened up though. It would be interesting to see what kind of emails they have gotten from Sioux fans.

Time to shut this down. Fighting Sioux or bust mentality right now! Stand up and fight for the name. Email the idiots at the SBoHE, Kelley and Faison. Email Hoevens office as well and let them know that you are unhappy with the current board members and that he should consider the nickname viewpoints of his next appointees. :lol: