SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs SCSU HUSKIES

AZSIOUX

Nice photos Bob and John and everyone else. We had the pleasure of being right on the glass for the game. Action up close during

great games is a blast. Stunning at times, especially seeing the emotion and the fatigue in the players' eyes and expressions. Great win. I retact my

earlier prediction that the Sioux would go 6-1 in their last seven games and win the National Championship.

On an entirely related subject, and because it certainly does not merit a new thread, and sorry if this has already been discussed elsewhere,

does anyone else find that "new" Broadmoor Trophy to be about the dumbest and ugliest design that ever graced a hockey tournament trophy? I do believe that they are trying to depict the Broadmoor Hotel, no?

The old trophy was classic. Perhaps it fell apart. Perhaps it has been lost, or stolen even. Perhaps, most likely, it just ran out of room and they did not want to add to it.

Still, a cast of some stupid hotel? Am I missing something here? Why the ugly new trophy? Why the ugly design? My apologies to the artist and to the committee of folks who said to themselves and to each other, "Yes, this looks good. Let's go with it."

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

^The Broadmoor has a long and storied history with college hockey:

The Broadmoor Hotel has a long history of supporting college hockey. The Broadmoor Ice Palace, later renamed as the Broadmoor World Arena, on the resort grounds was the long time home of the Colorado College Tigers. Additionally, the Palace hosted the first 10 Frozen Fours, from 1948 to 1957, and hosted for an 11th time in 1969.

Read up; you'll learn something

Nice photos Bob and John and everyone else. We had the pleasure of being right on the glass for the game. Action up close during

great games is a blast. Stunning at times, especially seeing the emotion and the fatigue in the players' eyes and expressions. Great win. I retact my

earlier prediction that the Sioux would go 6-1 in their last seven games and win the National Championship.

On an entirely related subject, and because it certainly does not merit a new thread, and sorry if this has already been discussed elsewhere,

does anyone else find that "new" Broadmoor Trophy to be about the dumbest and ugliest design that ever graced a hockey tournament trophy? I do believe that they are trying to depict the Broadmoor Hotel, no?

The old trophy was classic. Perhaps it fell apart. Perhaps it has been lost, or stolen even. Perhaps, most likely, it just ran out of room and they did not want to add to it.

Still, a cast of some stupid hotel? Am I missing something here? Why the ugly new trophy? Why the design?

First, nice photos to everyone from me as well.

Second, I was at the game as well and my first thought when they brought the table of trophys out was where is the Broadmoor and what the h e double hockey sticks is that ugly thing sitting on the table. I believe it was discussed in another thread about how other conferences have this nice looking trophy and we have the ugliest thing anyone has ever seen now. Do we know why they switched?

The Broadmoor Hotel has a long history of supporting college hockey. The Broadmoor Ice Palace, later renamed as the Broadmoor World Arena, on the resort grounds was the long time home of the Colorado College Tigers. Additionally, the Palace hosted the first 10 Frozen Fours, from 1948 to 1957, and hosted for an 11th time in 1969.

Cool. Thanks a million. I knew some of this stuff, but far from all of it. Still, why the ugly design? Of course, I don't have too much of an eye for art. An ear for it maybe, but not much of an eye.

Speaking of the Broadmoor, how about that 1960's league video distributed with the ticket packages? Pretty cool history there as well.

Go Sioux!

I think the WCHA is trying to stake out its territory as a historic or legendary conference. The new Broadmoor design concept is a direct rip-off of the NHL's Conn Smythe Trophy, which is modeled after Maple Leaf Gardens.

I think the WCHA is trying to stake out its territory as a historic or legendary conference. The new Broadmoor design concept is a direct rip-off of the NHL's Conn Smythe Trophy, which is modeled after Maple Leaf Gardens.

Yikes Mike. This makes solid sense. I was not aware of the Conn Smythe design. The WCHA is a historic conference, best by far in all of college hockey history. Too bad they don't let guys like you and me run that show. Who is that guy in your avatar?

For those of you living in GF and have cable through MIDCO and has the sports package, you can watch/record the WCHA Championship game replay at 11:30 pm tonight on channel 316.

Took the whole family to the Final Five this year we have two small kids and it was absolutely awesome. We had a such a good time and it was great to see all the sioux fans. On the drive home this morning we were hoping the Sioux would get put in the West Regional in St. Paul so we could come back next weekend. Can't make it to Worcester so will hope to find it somewhere/how to watch.

Sioux yeah yeah!!

Any chance you can also upload the one of Malone destroying Lasch?

Thanks

Man. Can you help me out with the general time frame of the hit? It was an awesome check.

I'm still uploading the after game stuff, it should be ready to post anytime (or you can check my "channel" in a couple hours if you can't sleep.

Man. Can you help me out with the general time frame of the hit? It was an awesome check.

I'm still uploading the after game stuff, it should be ready to post anytime (or you can check my "channel" in a couple hours if you can't sleep.

Man I can't sleep. I am still watching youtube clips and I can't get enough. What a great weekend.

Not sure, but think it was in the second half of the first period. Sorry I can't pinpoint it with any more accuracy than a MplsBison post :p

Memory is a bit "fuzzy" - my best guess is late in the first period, at about the 5:00 left in the period.

Actually the WCHA had picked a really nice Cup for the new Broadmoor award but somehow the majority of funds set aside never made it to the trophy manufacturer...Wonder how that happened? The one we saw this weekend was the $19.99 price beater special. :p