SiouxSports.com Forum

Officiating Crew for First Round of the WCHA tourney, Goofs vs. UND

undchris

Really? Not far fetched? The league commissioner giving orders to referees telling them to favor one team over another in a playoff series for the sake of ticket revenue? That doesn't sound far fetched to you?

I was thinking more of the scenario he laid out if we lose this weekend, that looks really possible.

Really? Not far fetched? The league commissioner giving orders to referees telling them to favor one team over another in a playoff series for the sake of ticket revenue? That doesn't sound far fetched to you?

Of course you don't your a gopher fan. You have the Commish of the WCHA on record saying he was worried the Gopher weren't going to make the Final Five a few years back when they had to travel to Mankato. You had three poorly officiated games in the MSU-M and UMN series. You have a league that is notorious for shoddy officiating. You have commissioner that is as corrupt as they come, he is an admitted Felon. That should send up a huge warning flag to fans everywhere.

I think it will be Anderson and whoever his partner is. Won't be Shepard.

The Gophers don't need refs help to beat the Sioux, just need great goalie play and a couple weird bounces.

No way of knowing, but the Final Five needs either the Gophers or the Sioux to get through the playin game to have respectable attendance. I'm guessing most tickets are sold already in the lower bowl and that is where the lions share of their money is made.

I think it will be Anderson and whoever his partner is. Won't be Shepard.

The Gophers don't need refs help to beat the Sioux, just need great goalie play and a couple weird bounces.

No way of knowing, but the Final Five needs either the Gophers or the Sioux to get through the playin game to have respectable attendance. I'm guessing most tickets are sold already in the lower bowl and that is where the lions share of their money is made.

I don't the league lets Anderson anywhere near this series. It will be Marco and Derek or Champion and Adam. If it's the later I am very concerned about any combination of refs involving those two buffoons.

...You had three poorly officated games in the MSU-M and UMN series...

In my opinion you are blowing this out of proportion. Shepard let them play that weekend (260 minutes worth) and to think the Gophers significantly out hacked a team with Bruess and Kalinski doesn't seem possible to me.

All of you conspiracy theorists are confusing incompetency/poor officiating for fixing/rigging/cheating.

Do we really want to be that stupid go there?

The best is G Shepp - the rest are awful, not cheaters.

Don't forget - practically all the tix for the F5 are sold.

If we make to the F5, every game we play in will sell out.

Let's talk about how soft the Gophers are, talk about Lucia/Hill coaching - anything but this (and how it is conspiracy that the Gophers have to play on Fri nite at the F5 and that the F5 is always in St. Paul).

Let's move on please.

All of you conspiracy theorists are confusing incompetency/poor officiating for fixing/rigging/cheating.

Do we really want to be that stupid go there?

The best is G Shepp - the rest are awful, not cheaters.

Don't forget - practically all the tix for the F5 are sold.

If we make to the F5, every game we play in will sell out.

Let's talk about how soft the Gophers are, talk about Lucia/Hill coaching - anything but this (and how it is conspiracy that the Gophers have to play on Fri nite at the F5 and that the F5 is always in St. Paul).

Let's move on please.

When did THEY get to stickboy?

In my opinion you are blowing this out of proportion. Shepard let them play that weekend (260 minutes worth) and to think the Gophers significantly out hacked a team with Bruess and Kalinski doesn't seem possible to me.

Really! I don't think it's that tough to make the stretch... Although that point is funny.

Let's move on please.

Since when did you become the thread police? Shoot holes in my theory then... I said, "You have a league that is notorious for shoddy officiating. You have commissioner that is as corrupt as they come, he is an admitted Felon. That should send up a huge warning flag to fans everywhere."

it's not hard to make the stretch and I don't think it's that far fetched...

Oh my gosh people!

Please tell me all this conspiracy talk is just something to get you through to game day.

I have a lot of respect for 90% of the posters here; but I gotta tell you, I'm starting to get scared reading some of these posts.

:)

Oh my gosh people!

Please tell me all this conspiracy talk is just something to get you through to game day.

I have a lot of respect for 90% of the posters here; but I gotta tell you, I'm starting to get scared reading some of these posts.

THEY got to Mikejm as well.

Oh my gosh people!

;)

Haven't you heard? WCHA hockey is just this side of roller derby and WWE wrestling. :)

Oh my gosh people!

Ditto. We play Friday, Saturday, and maybe Sunday. And when it's over, we will have won or lost.