SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs GOPHERS

AZSIOUX

The Sioux have the opportunity to end the Gophers season in Grand Foks this coming weekend. GO SIOUX

other info coming.........

p1hk0408f.jpg

siev.jpg

The gophers will be a dangerous team but this is our time to end their season on our own turf. We can get it done but it won't be easy. GO SIOUX!!!

Hakstol just said that he thinks Marto should be ok to play during the UMN series.

He also just said that Genoway will be back on the ice...either later this year or next year. Hmm.

Looked like his arm was in a sling when they were going to the locker room at the end of the game. Hopefully just being precautionary.

This is gonna be tough series no doubt, it's the playoffs but pride is on the line as well. I can't believe it shook up this way, has to be huge motivation for each team to keep the other out of saint paul. I really think it could end up going 3 games, but if the sioux play like they have the last few weeks it should go their way.

The Sioux have carried play in all four games against UMN this season (even the 5-1 drubbing in MN).

In the series at Mariucci, we were without both Hextall and Knight due to injury, so having both of them back for this series will be a big added boost.

Can we just wear the Blacks at home next weekend?

That is what I think they should do. Doesn't the home team get to decide what they wear first? CC is wearing some yellow jerseys at home right now. When we tied the gophers this year, I think it was in the blacks and the awful loss we need redemption for was in the greens?

I wonder if that second game will be reviewed at all this week for extra motivation?

Somebody needs to smuggle in a dead gopher or two just like the old days after each goal throughout the series. If you can, bring a live one in a little wire cage as a friend of mine did back in the late 90"s. That was awesome when it was running around on the ice!!! I wish I still had the picture from the dakota student.

Somebody needs to smuggle in a dead gopher or two just like the old days after each goal throughout the series. If you can, bring a live one in a little wire cage as a friend of mine did back in the late 90"s. That was awesome when it was running around on the ice!!! I wish I still had the picture from the dakota student.

I have that game on DVD. I thought Sweeney was going to pee himself. :blush:

I believe that was the Valentine's Day weekend Saturday-Sunday afternoon series in 1998. That was the Sunday afternoon game where we trailed 3-0 in the third period and scored 5 unanswered goals (including the empty netter) to sweep the Rodents. The live gopher was thrown on the ice after the 2 on 1 goal by the Panzer brothers cut the Gopher lead to 3-2. I still have the game on VHS at home and I will NEVER part with it! :blush:

I wonder how many students are changing their Spring Break travel plans even as we speak! We need a jam packed Ralph next weekend, I want Rodentia on the golf course while we are winning the Broadmoor Trophy in St. Paul! GO SIOUX!!!

That game was the loudest sporting event I have ever been to. More so than even Twins world series games at the dome.

You couldn't hear yourself think! And we had a lot of time to celebrate Jason Blake's game-tying goal because Doug "Woogie" Woog took his timeout one goal too late to make a bit of difference. I miss the Wooger behind the bench, he was fun to torment! I would love to have that type of atmosphere next weekend.

I'd love to end the Goophers season again. :blush:

Gophers are going to be playing with a lot of pressure on them to not get shut out of the final five on their home turf. They are going to be a motivated group and probably throw everything and the kitchen sink at us. We really need Eids to be on top of his game during this series. If we can strike early on the gophers I think we have a good chance at ratteling them and getting into the goalies head. I think all sioux fans would like to see a little payback from the debacle in MSP in Jan.

Hate to say it, but we should really be prepared to get jobbed this upcoming weekend. No way upper brass will allow a gopher-less F5. That's too bad. Could have been a really good hockey series. Unfortunately...I don't even have to say it...